Nicks Garage, 572 HEMI, Here we go....

-
Already dropped a teaser. And already comments about valvefloat. Can't wait for tomorrow, Should be fun.J.Rob

I want to comment on that short so bad saying how good of a parts changer Nick is and how I wished I could throw parts at a problem like he does. But I didn’t.

I want to comment on that short so bad saying how good of a parts changer Nick is and how I wished I could throw parts at a problem like he does. But I didn’t.
**** the short. Let's wait for the meat and potatoes tomorrow. J.Rob

He's acting like the dude got burned, don't know why he's going on about a 750 hp claim when it came with a dyno sheet of 734 hp and he end up getting 720 hp. It seems like the single plane should make more but you don't know until you test it. He basically got the power that it was rated at and no reason to doubt the other intake couldn't do similar until you test it.

Last edited:
He's acting like the dude got burned, don't know why he's going on about a 750 hp claim when it came with a dyno sheet of 734 hp and he end up getting 720 hp. It seems like the single plane should make more but you don't know until you test it. He basically got the power that it was rated at and no reason to doubt the other intake couldn't do similar until you test it.
Agreed, notice how he carefully folds the dyno sheet to conceal all of my contact info at the top. Why does he keep saying the customer was sold an engine with 750hp? He's got the bloody evidence in his hand. J.Rob

Agreed, notice how he carefully folds the dyno sheet to conceal all of my contact info at the top. Why does he keep saying the customer was sold an engine with 750hp? He's got the bloody evidence in his hand. J.Rob
yeah... that's why i didn't wanna post and sound like an ***... "The viewers say it should make 750hp" how the **** would the viewers know what it should make when they don't know the spec of a single part in it... also you have the dyno sheet sitting in front of you... it's just bullshit...

I wanted to post a link to your build thread and dyno vid but didn't wanna piss you off :)

BTW.. i have a question cause i admittedly don't know a ton... but isn't a single plane "Usually" better for high rpm and a good dual plane would give you better power under the curve to like 6k or so? (depending on the engine combo)

yeah... that's why i didn't wanna post and sound like an ***... "The viewers say it should make 750hp" how the **** would the viewers know what it should make when they don't know the spec of a single part in it... also you have the dyno sheet sitting in front of you... it's just bullshit...

I wanted to post a link to your build thread and dyno vid but didn't wanna piss you off :)
It won't make a difference. It's like arguing politics. People are so stupid, they discount any evidence and just run on blind decisions.

OHHH BTW... their amazement that a motor running on 8/8 cyls gets hotter faster than a motor running on 4/8 cyls was a high point :)

If the original RAMM dyno got better numbers, would the fact that Nick is running a single 4 instead of 4x2 be the cause?

The original owner just probably use to his rounded up to 750 hp when telling people what's it's got but obviously when this guy bought it he got the dyno sheet so he knew he bought a 734 hp engine,
and basically Nick proved that's what he got.

I think it's human nature to round up horsepower numbers. Nick and his customer are rounding 734 to 750 (16 hp). Some on here who are critical of Nick and his customers rounding of numbers are rounding 720 to 734 (14 hp). I have yet to have a customer at the dyno round his numbers down.

I think it's human nature to round up horsepower numbers. Nick and his customer are rounding 734 to 750 (16 hp). Some on here who are critical of Nick and his customers rounding of numbers are rounding 720 to 734 (14 hp). I have yet to have a customer at the dyno round his numbers down.
Them rounding them up is fine.. but him acting like the motor should do 750 because viewers that have no idea what the motor is at all say it should is just weird, especially when he has the dyno sheet in front of him

I think the Original owner told the guy at some point it was like a 750 hp engine, but obviously at some point he also got the engines dyno sheet of 734 hp, so he knew what he bought.

I think the Original owner told the guy at some point it was like a 750 hp engine, but obviously at some point he also got the engines dyno sheet of 734 hp, so he knew what he bought.
Sounds like he may have rounded up. lol

BTW.. i have a question cause i admittedly don't know a ton... but isn't a single plane "Usually" better for high rpm and a good dual plane would give you better power under the curve to like 6k or so? (depending on the engine combo)
It wasn't designed for a single plane, the original build intent was for maximum drive ability, I filled the ports for 2 reasons. A G2 Hemi with a standard port Mopar Performance aluminum head will not support 572 cubes much more than 6200 rpm. It's almost 150 cubes larger than a 426. In short the single plane doesn't look like a good fit for this build. J.Rob

It wasn't designed for a single plane, the original build intent was for maximum drive ability, I filled the ports for 2 reasons. A G2 Hemi with a standard port Mopar Performance aluminum head will not support 572 cubes much more than 6200 rpm. It's almost 150 cubes larger than a 426. In short the single plane doesn't look like a good fit for this build. J.Rob
Thanks, that's why i was wondering why he wanted to put on a massive single plane for 6000rpm...

-
Back