Nitrous plumbing A1A...??..

-
Couldn't get a hold of weedburner, so I just went ahead and ordered the last items for the competition of my nitrous set up.. bottle heater, RPM window switch, and nitrous filter..
More stuff...:rolleyes:..

If you still want it, there's still a little time to throw it in the mail today...

Grant
Grant you're totally awesome! The wife gave me permission to use the card and it's been like a gun on my hip all day LOL..
SHOTS FIRED! LOL...
I already ordered a couple hours ago so I guess I'll be fine.. I did call and leave my number this morning and still would maybe like to talk to you about the way I should hook this up..

:popcorn: I'm refilling my popcorn and waiting for j par to use the nitrous. :poke:

Grant you're totally awesome! The wife gave me permission to use the card and it's been like a gun on my hip all day LOL..
SHOTS FIRED! LOL...
I already ordered a couple hours ago so I guess I'll be fine.. I did call and leave my number this morning and still would maybe like to talk to you about the way I should hook this up..

Sorry about not answering the phone yesterday, I was pretty much wide open trying to keep a shipping deadline.

If anyone else here wants to claim that free new-in-box Summit window switch, it's up for grabs :)

Grant

Sorry about not answering the phone yesterday, I was pretty much wide open trying to keep a shipping deadline.

If anyone else here wants to claim that free new-in-box Summit window switch, it's up for grabs :)

Grant
Update: GRABBED!!...:thumbsup::thankyou:...:)...
My self and all of my 4-speed customers (most are) will have a Clutch Tamer..
First rate product from a first rate supplier...
Thank you Grant...

What was supposed to be the final piece of the puzzle showed up today...
IMG_20200423_154522.jpg

But like columbo just one more thing LOL.. First, I have a new nitrous filter on its way as the one I had in there was Speedmaster junk... And of course just like mentioned in the last post the window switch.. just want to make sure to get it right...

So here's where I stand now:
I basically have Sunday to work on the car and maybe possibly part of Tuesday but late morning I have to get that shot in my eyeball so I'm not sure how much of that day all I have to work on the car..
Anyways first things first all I have to do is run one wire from the dash under to bottle heater and run a ground to the chassis and connect that up and call that done. I already have a fused switch on the dash and a lead line coming out to connect to for the bottle heater..
Then to the window switch, I'll start by finding a good spot to mount it and mount it. I'll use a line connector to put the red wire to the ignition wire for the MSD. I will ground the black wire and hook the gray wire up to the tach wire. Right now I have the relay ground going to the low pressure switch and coming out of the low pressure switch and grounding next to it. I'll take that ground wire from the low pressure switch and run a wire back into the car and hook it up to the blue wire on the window switch...
So now in order for the nitrous to work I will have to open the nitrous bottle I don't have to purge it but I will. I will have to turn on the fuel pump for the nitrous and I will have to arm the nitrous by turning on the switch that gives the button on the shifter power. I will have to hit the button on the shifter be at full throttle to trigger that switch and the fuel have to be up to 5 lb of pressure or more to trigger the ground for the relay and it will have to be in the set window on the window switch to complete the ground for the relay..
And don't forget columbo! And just one more thing LOL Wednesday I'm supposed to get the new nitrous filter. once I screw that on and get all the said stuff done I will have ran out of excuses...

@weedburner thank you again I got her hooked up. Now just to see if I got the ground correct and all that stuff...
IMG_20200426_154902.jpg
That speedometer has never work since I own the car LOL...

After Wednesday I will have ran out of excuses. I should get my nitrous filter then and that is definitely the last hurdle. After that weather and time off work permitting..
SEE YA!!!..:D..

push the dang button.
I did test a couple things out. First off the heating blanket. It was nice to see when I turned it on it didn't make the voltmeter bog down like one of the electric fans turning on. second when I did heat it up it did bring it up to the correct temperature and pressure. Then when I released it into the system adding the new filter it held pressure. Also the window switch seem to operate correctly for the most part but would momentarily glitch every now and again...
I left the house and the skies were sunny and within 15 minutes they got glue me and made me want to get the car back to the house. I was trying some tuning on my carburetors and really need to get that shorted out first.. the one time that I turned off a side road onto a 55 mile an hour highway and really got on it I could feel the tires just barely holding grip... I thought what's this going to be like with a hundred shot LOL...

Last edited:
You think your gonna have issues once you hit it with a 100.........there's a guy on another Mopar forum who's got a '70 Runner, he will be installing a 540 wedge later with around 700hp with a 5 speed, a Weiand 3x2 6pk set up and a 150 shot:eek:

Last edited:
-
Back