Nitrous plumbing A1A...??..

-
Okay I got the carbs off and I'm ready to fill the fuel side and test it out. I'll have to get the fuel pressure set first and make sure there's no leaks...
IMG_20200416_123428.jpg

So my idea is to capture the fuel and give it a couple shots to make sure it's working correctly and having the t-shirt sleeves catch the fuel so it doesn't flood the engine.
IMG_20200416_124533.jpg

What are you setting your fuel pressure at on the nitrous side.
good news so far I tried it out and nothing's leaking and it seems to be running fine and also I checked with a metering light that the ground is working for the low pressure switch. The instructions that came with the Edelbrock plate says six to six and a half. right now at the shooting about seven and a half so that's the first thing I'm going to adjust before I try anyting. Like you know giving it a little test shot into the sleeves of my long shirt LOL..
IMG_20200416_130053.jpg

Okay my beautiful assistant was kind enough to come out and hold the button on the shifter and watch the fuel gauge for me as I clicked on the full throttle switch and watch the fuel spray out...
It seemed to work flawlessly except for now I have to put the pressure back up because it fell from the 6 and 1/2 I adjusted it to.. she said when I clicked it on and held it it would drop down to five. This was something that Mike thermos was adamant about when I talk to him that the fuel pressure should be at it said amount when activated not when idling...
So I think I'll crank it back up to the 7 and 1/2 it was and hopefully it will just drop down to six and that should be perfect.
I got to say it was pretty awesome to see the sprayer shootout and wet the sleeves of that long sleeve shirt.. it's kind of cool when a plan starts coming together...

My wife said it dropped down to six...
I believe this is called the money shot..lol..
Screenshot_20200416-134858.png

Damn Speedmaster pile of junk nitrous screen fitting! The only thing that didn't work! I had to put one in without a screen so I'll just end up getting a nitrous filter..

Be sure to watch the fuel pressure on First attempt! Fine balance to keep pressure and not blow the needle and seats in the carbs. If it drops below 6 disarm!

Be sure to watch the fuel pressure on First attempt! Fine balance to keep pressure and not blow the needle and seats in the carbs. If it drops below 6 disarm!
Since it's a 4-speed I'll likely do little 3 second blast between gears and I do have a low pressure switch that will cut the whole system off if it goes under 5 lb....

So now I'm just waiting on my bottle heater.. which is waiting on me to make some money LOL.. I posted my carburetors up for sale and if one of those sells I'll take the money and buy the heater if not I've already book some work for next week on a limited basis...

Last edited:
Since it's a 4-speed I'll likely do little 3 second blast between gears and I do have a low pressure switch that will cut the whole system off if it goes under 5 lb....

Be smart and good news on the LP switch!

Like said before I ran 2 stage one carb, one on throttle and #Two on a shifter button. Your setup is all in both plates it seems. It is like 2 stages at once. Doubles the trouble if not right!

Last edited:
I can only assume you are starting with the smallest NOS jets!

I can only assume you are starting with the smallest NOS jets!
Yes a 50 shot in each carb. So 100 total I believe.. Edelbrock comes with square jetting so the Jets are the same size and the fuel has nitrous. I noticed most companies are recommending a bigger nitrous jet.... it has to be wide open throttle and I have to hit the button and it has to have at least five pounds of pressure on the fuel side. And I'm running 110 Sunoco in the 1 gallon nitrous oxide fuel tank. Also when I trigger the button it sends a signal to the timing retard as well...

Never retarded my timing, all in at 34/35 degrees at 2k rpm. Fuel was better in the mid 80's Amoco white. Ran a gold box Chrysler ignition. Started low and creeped up on the NOS jets.

Hold the steering wheel tight when you hit the button. lol
Traction limited could put you in the guard rail. lol
the year was 1981 , a 69 Goat bounced off the wall at Spokane. My best friend was driving.
He had just had the car painted for 4500 bucks, a lot of money in 81.

Hold the steering wheel tight when you hit the button. lol
Traction limited could put you in the guard rail. lol
the year was 1981 , a 69 Goat bounced off the wall at Spokane. My best friend was driving.
He had just had the car painted for 4500 bucks, a lot of money in 81.
To my advantage my rear end is spooled and I do have nitto drag radials.. also two more things it's on a trigger button not just a full throttle switch and I do have a clutch like real men...:poke:..:D..

it was a built 400 ram air 5 ,4spd and 4.11. It was a low 11 sec car/ street car.
He would uncork the headers and put 10 " slicks and trailer it to the track.
It was the 1st car I saw with a V gate shifter.

it was a built 400 ram air 5 ,4spd and 4.11. It was a low 11 sec car/ street car.
He would uncork the headers and put 10 " slicks and trailer it to the track.
It was the 1st car I saw with a V gate shifter.
How big was the shot?..

He was one of about 3 that I knew of at the time running nitrous in Lewiston at the time.

-
Back