Nitrous plumbing A1A...??..

-
How many YouTube videos can you pull up were someone is saying "Holley crap!" my cars on fire LOL...
Life doesn't have very much guarantees...

I will take 8 holleys leaking fuel down the intake, and take fire over ONE small fuel/nos leak and a fire.
You tell me which car will burn to the ground the fastest.....................................
You know I was thinking when I open the bottle there's no reason I can't take a half inch wrench and undo the hoses coming out of the back side of the tee fitting out of the nitrous solenoid. That way I can detect any leaks without anything going into the engine. pretty simple half inch wrench on a a/n fitting...

I do plan on spraying soapy water on all the connections on the nitrous side..

Okay men now I'm just showin off...
IMG_20200406_184110.jpg

Okay I burnt another hole in my carpet to drill another hole and put the grommet in and got the blow down tube mounted correctly...
Ontrac says I should get my replacement gauge late today to make the final connection between the nitrous line and the bottle...
IMG_20200408_112718.jpg

A lot of people do...
I want to go back to work and stop spending money I don't have!!!..
When are you getting back to work.
Auto mechanic is an essential occupation, if you don't put your customers classics back together they won't have anything to drive. :thumbsup:

When are you getting back to work.
Auto mechanic is an essential occupation, if you don't put your customers classics back together they won't have anything to drive. :thumbsup:
Oh man this is week 4 for me and I'm going bananas... I'm even packing at Pittsburgh and he's falling for it...
I called the local parts store that sells nitrous and they said they are still getting one or two customers a week for tank fills.. any minute the pressure gauge should be showing up which is the second to the last peace that I need. Hopefully next week I can order the last piece the heating element...
I got to tell you that for the first time today the harsh reality of actually having to try it settled in on me and it made my heart pump a little bit...lol...

That's cool an auto parts store will fill the bottle, around here you have to go to a welding supply shop.

That's cool an auto parts store will fill the bottle, around here you have to go to a welding supply shop.
Baxter's Auto Parts is the last locally-owned shop around here. they still have a lot of the hot rod stuff on the shelves but as you know mostly geared toward Chevy and Ford...

Baxter's Auto Parts is the last locally-owned shop around here. they still have a lot of the hot rod stuff on the shelves but as you know mostly geared toward Chevy and Ford...
It was $8.00 a lb here last year.

A buddy of mine just listed two mother bitters for sale that needed recertifications and wanted 50.00 for both of them. Another buddy of mine bought told him he would take them if his local place would recert and fill them.

A buddy of mine just listed two mother bitters for sale that needed recertifications and wanted 50.00 for both of them. Another buddy of mine bought told him he would take them if his local place would recert and fill them.
Two bottles recertified and filled for $50???. I'd jump on that deal..

IMG_20200414_143759.jpg

@pittsburghracer school is now in session...:lol:...
Everything is now fully hooked up.. I still need a heat element for the bottle (expensive bugger for what you get, but needed it).. anyways tomorrow I'll have the carburetors off so I'll be able to adjust things and get them tested before an actual test hit. I'll put race fuel in the tank for the first time and adjust the pressure. I can arm the system and with the carburetors off maybe put some paper towels down in underneath the fuel and nitrous bars and give it a few quick shots making sure the pressure doesn't drop so much it shuts off the low pressure switch. And also check for any fuel leaks in the system..
If that checks out okay I can go over to the Nitrous system and open that up and check for leaks as well with some soap water. Before I crack it open I'll disconnect the two lines from behind the nitrous solenoid. I can not only Purge it and check that part of the system but I can also give it a short blast out of the tee behind the back of the nitrous solenoid and make sure it seals again as well...

Great job. Patiently waiting for some track numbers. Is this going in the A body, truck, or van. I get confused at times. Lol.

Great job. Patiently waiting for some track numbers. Is this going in the A body, truck, or van. I get confused at times. Lol.
Your getting me confused with someone else...
Remember I never put the nitrous in for a number. I just been putting it in for the fun of it and curiosity of how it works..
when I get back to the track the first thing I want to start dialing in is the clutch tamer... Along with the carburetors and their wide open throttle ability.. once I have some consistent numbers with that stuff NA I'll see what the nitrous does...
Right now I just want the nitrous to function correctly so when I take it to the track I can play with the nitrous tune and get it focused and better as well...
Van? Truck??.. :realcrazy:...

Last edited:
-
Back