No racing for you!

-

Lustle

Reaction score
So sunday afternoon/evening. I get a little bit of upset stomach/gas. I figure nothing of it. Dipped into the chilli a little early and chalk it up to that. Learned my lesson.

Monday at work I feel ok. Start getting more discomfort towards the end of the day. But the time I get home from work my guts feel like there's a brick in em. Figuring its revenge of the chilli I lay down. End up sleeping several hours. Wake up. Guts hurt more. Barely any appetite. So I lay up watching a little tv. Then go back to bed. Get up in the morning for work and there's a hot knife in my gut. Push through. Go to work. Make it all of 1/2 an hour before I'm hurling. Boss is sending me home. Lay in bed most of the day today. Still hurting. Finally around 20 hours of this I decide "Ok, this isn't just revenge of the chilli, there's something going on".

Turns out. My appendix hates me. Got to the hospital, surgery, doc said if I waited a few more hours probably woulda burst. In the hospital at 1:30, out at 10:30 (gotta love quick easy surgery, like hell I was spending the night in there). As I'm being discharged nurse asks me if I have any questions. She's already told me no work for a week, no lifting more than 10lbs for 5-6 weeks (there go any plans of working on the car). I ask "Well what about racing? I wanted to go racing on friday, think the staples will hold" "No racing for you. If anything happens it can tear em out". She's cute so I figure I better listen. Although going back in might be a good way to get her number!

Well thanks for ruining my weekend stupid appendix! What the hell does that thing even do anyways!

Glad you went in and got it fixed.I lost a Brother- In- Law several years ago because he wouldn't go to the Dr and it burst, spreading poison through his body.He was only 23 tears old. Heal fast.

Haha I'm stubborn but not stupid. When I went in the doc was telling me how they do 6+ of these surgeries a week. Sometimes 6 in one weekend alone. And that the ONLY guy they had die in the last 10 years was cause he came in to late. Once I suspected appendix I knew I had to actually get my *** in there. He said it was definitely inflamed and possibly only a couple hours from bursting.

I was really impressed how quick I was in and out. Doctors were great. Nurses were fantastic. Surgery itself was all of 20-30 mins. Bing bang boom and I'm out the door. Just the way I like it. Thank you for the well wishes.

that happened to me in the f
Haha I'm stubborn but not stupid. When I went in the doc was telling me how they do 6+ of these surgeries a week. Sometimes 6 in one weekend alone. And that the ONLY guy they had die in the last 10 years was cause he came in to late. Once I suspected appendix I knew I had to actually get my *** in there. He said it was definitely inflamed and possibly only a couple hours from bursting.

I was really impressed how quick I was in and out. Doctors were great. Nurses were fantastic. Surgery itself was all of 20-30 mins. Bing bang boom and I'm out the door. Just the way I like it. Thank you for the well wishes.
That happened to me in the first grade. first grade teacher didn`t believe me for quite a while, she finally called my mother who took me straight to the hospital. was on the operating table almost 8 hrs.
it was in the act of bursting when they got to it. had to take a shot every hr. on the hr. for 2 days. wasn`t one of my favorite teachers! the way I understand it, she came within a minute of cancelling me out.

If the nurse looked like Hillary, I think it would be time to find another doctor.

I had mine out when I was 10 - IIRC the appendix does nothing - something about it being "left over" from pre-homosapien

just remember junior, sometimes God allows "bad" things to happen to us, to prevent disastrous thing from happening to us

Had mine out when I was about 6 or so. Family doc made a house call (they did that back then), followed us to the hospital and done the surgery. My scar is about 6-8" long.
C

Had mine out when I was about 6 or so. Family doc made a house call (they did that back then), followed us to the hospital and done the surgery. My scar is about 6-8" long.
C
I remember being about 12 or 13 years old and my next door neighbor girl (who was a few years older) asked me if I wanted to see where she had gotten her appendix taken out
I said "yuck no, I don't like hospitals"

I'm glad mine didn't burst. I saw that happen to my buddy, all 6'4 260 of him. Hit the kitchen floor like a sack of potatoes, in the middle of the night no less! His poor old dad had to carry his *** into the car and into the hospital. And he ended up in there 3-4 days if I recall.

I'm already up and about today. Ran some errands. Got prescription stuff. Filled some short term disability stuff. Doc says take 4-6 weeks off. But that's with lifting. If I lift less than 10 pounds I should be good to go in about a week. Gunna get my staples out Tuesday, see how I feel Wednesday. Hopefully back to work Thursday. I hate missing work. I'm going to go stir crazy around the house not being able to work on the car.

I was looking into what the appendix does. Apparently it helps produce some of the mucus that lubricates bowl movements. But not enough to be missed. I just told the doc to yard it out.

Mine did the same thing on Fathers Day in June. I woke up at 6:00 AM and it was out at 3:30 PM that day.
They glued incision's together, just fell off in time. I went back to work two days after I got home.
The bad part is I'm in a battle with my insurance company to get them to pay for it. I received a letter saying it was " medically unnecessary",really I did.
After two weeks you;ll feel fine and after a month it won't even bother you.
I have been taking stool softeners and it helps on taco night.

Mine did the same thing on Fathers Day in June. I woke up at 6:00 AM and it was out at 3:30 PM that day.
They glued incision's together, just fell off in time. I went back to work two days after I got home.
The bad part is I'm in a battle with my insurance company to get them to pay for it. I received a letter saying it was " medically unnecessary",really I did.
After two weeks you;ll feel fine and after a month it won't even bother you.
I have been taking stool softeners and it helps on taco night.

That's crazy you're still fighting your insurance on it. How can it not be medically necessary? My doc told me about some studies with anti-biotics. But they only work 60% of the time. And you're at a higher risk of a rupture in the next year after. So my doc said they don't even consider it. It's such a quick easy surgery, it's best to just pull it out. My total cost out of pocket so far? $7.03 for my pain/anti inflammatory meds. I just showed up at ER and that was it. Was all taken care of from there. I bought some stool softeners as well. Last thing I need to do is bust a staple trying to push out a ****. That would be awkward.

If the nurse is that cute, then go racing tear the staples/stitches and then you can get to see her again.... :)

Glad you're alright. No sense going back any sooner than necessary. I did that as a young man, and paid for it for years.

Makes you wonder why they don't remove all the "extra" stuff man was born with that they don't need that only cause us trouble later on! Appendix,tong soles.Wisdom teeth etc.

Makes you wonder why they don't remove all the "extra" stuff man was born with that they don't need that only cause us trouble later on! Appendix,tong soles.Wisdom teeth etc.

A lot of this stuff is like a brake pedal...just because you and I don't use it doesn't mean it wasn't designed with a purpose

If the nurse is that cute, then go racing tear the staples/stitches and then you can get to see her again.... :)

Haha that's what I was thinking! But she might be a little pissed at me haha. I shoulda told her that she can come with and ride along. That way if the staples rip she's right there to help! lol

Glad you're alright. No sense going back any sooner than necessary. I did that as a young man, and paid for it for years.

It's hard for me not to go back right away. I'm not one to sit on my butt. I've been working since I was 12. It's even harder right now cause I basically can't work on my car. So I'm just sitting here watching netflix and rotting. If I could work on the car then a week off would fly by. And I could get everything done. But I'm hoping to be back this time next week. No heavy lifting or anything.

I thought that myself. Why not just pull all that out when you're a baby and you won't even remember it. Although some reading on the appendix says it does create mucus to help lubricate your guts. And apparently removal of it does slightly increase your chance of chrons. So it must do at least something.

Had mine out 18 years ago. 3 small incisions stapled shut. supposedly its there to digest grass. They let me keep it. Its in a jar somewhere at my parents house. hahaha
They let me watch a movie that night in the hospital. "Any movie I want" i said.
My dad went and rented the movie I requested. Starship troopers. The funny part was they had one movie player that played on all the hospital tv's. The hole place could watch it hahaha.

-
Back