Non-Mopar project I've been working on.

-
Bagged tacked n sealed

20170604_210058.jpeg

Needs a little scuff n buff, but I think he's going to be happy with it.

Lookin good Mr G. Pretty soon you will have 'free time' to work on your Duster again. :poke:

Where are you at? I got a cuda for you to spray. Easy peasy too single stage 1967 plymouth yellow. I will even have the jambs done. Just exterior color & cut n buff.

Where are you at? I got a cuda for you to spray. Easy peasy too single stage 1967 plymouth yellow. I will even have the jambs done. Just exterior color & cut n buff.
About 15 minutes from the Atlanic Ocean. lol Ya can't get here from there!:poke:

You're a long way from me.

I got a friend w a flatbed. Whereabouts on east coast. My bro lives in new bern N.C. folks live in Lakehurst N.J.

Yep. I grew up in Clifton. My folks retired, wanted to live closer to the beach, so they moved to Lakehurst.

Damn George, that's a hell of a job you've done there. That's an awesome color, and the FIL should be proud of the job you've done. I'd be happy to drive that.

Decided on this for the wheels. Looks pretty good with the other bits of black on the car, and my FIL digs it. Don't mind the compound residue. lol

20170610_074805.jpeg

Very nice, but...We are waiting for some real pics! Been a week and all we get is a wheel? :soapbox: :lol:
:rofl: Well, the weather strip that screws to the t top trim that screws to the t-top that has rusted up 10-24 screws turned into a nightmare and had to pop the cages off the nuts on a few and retapped a few. Screwing the trim on to the t-top with new hardware 3 of 4 screws were fine. The fourth, that last little 1/4 turn to snug popped a chunk of glass off the outside so I had to repaint that top. Shyt happens. lol Murphy is handing me my azz on this thing. And vette doors, glass, and handles are a nightmare. Should be finished up by the end of the week. All new gaskets for the t-tops, windshield posts, doors, and It's a Metro set they got me and it's a little ill fitting. Door gaskets are glued on with no clips PITA. Some of it's riveted on with odd size rivets so been chasing hardware also. Every piece of trim hardware has disintegrated on this thing. Plus my FIL had used every kind of goop, silicone, gasket maker all over and around the old gaskets most of which I cleaned up for paint.

Last edited:
Also the car had been painted twice with all the trim on so I have quite a bit of time cleaning up the old paint off the moldings

You can see where i riveted the cages back on. The trim screws on, then the rubber that has a strip of metal in it gets screwed and glued to the trim. IDK it worked. I can get the trim on.

20170612_180842 (1).jpeg

-
Back