"Non-Mopar Vehicles for sale" thread...rant

Non-mopar vheicles for sale forum

• Keep it

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • Get rid of it

Votes: 70 54.7%

• Total voters
-
Could care less if somebody wants to sell something on this site.
Maybe someone wants to sell a Chevy so they can buy a Dodge ?
The "over" policeing on this site is whats turning me off.

Could care less if somebody wants to sell something on this site.
Maybe someone wants to sell a Chevy so they can buy a Dodge ?
The "over" policeing on this site is whats turning me off.

Well, I dont think we over police the site at all.

I've only been on here for maybe a little over a year and I've met and dealt with some really good people. I like this family. That being said- I have sold and bought NOTHING but Mopar parts/cars on here and like that for what it is. MOPAR only. Alot easier than going to say Racing junk or craigslist - plus you get the added benefit (in my opinion) of dealing with a group of people that if you do have a problem- can usually call someone out on the carpet and in some instances "pay someone a visit". I'm off topic- but I do sometimes look for daily drivers (we all need one sometime) and yes, some of us here do drive something other than just a mopar due to the fact that we aren't made of money. I would like to keep it .
I guess eliminate the ebay links for selling vehicles other than mopars, or maybe we should impose a post count, membership due or maybe be sponsored from a member that's already on here for a 30-60- 90 day interval for New/non members. Just some thoughts.

Didn't mean to come across so harsh. I just don't understand why people are so bothered about it. If you aren't looking for a non mopar, don't look. I myself am a die hard mopar or no car kind of guy, but I do drive a Pontiac as my daily. ONLY reason was the deal I got on the car was wayyyyy to good to pass up.

I drive an s-10 800 miles a week. Its got a v6,hauls *** and averages 20 mpg ,per tank consistently. I will buy another if I can find one. Maybe it will come from here.

Is much as I'd like to say Mopar or no car sales here, I'll be finding myself on the other side of the coin soon. Here's a little story that might put this issue in perspective.

My mother has been having memory issues for some time. After she got lost and a perfect stranger had to lead her back home, we de-horsed her. Last year my sister and I had to put her in assisted living. She'll never drive again and of course she lost the title to her 96 Grand Am. So as soon as I go through the grief to have the title replaced, on the block the it goes, and I'll appreciate the ability to post here it for free.
Just think, maybe there's a member here that would want even a non Mopar, everyday driver with 85K on it after I've already fixed the little crap and would want a shot at buying it before the general public.

I get money to put toward her assisted living, and a fellow FABO member gets a cheap everyday beater, win-win.

Again, keep the forum, don't go there if it bothers you.

I drive an s-10 800 miles a week. Its got a v6,hauls *** and averages 20 mpg ,per tank consistently. I will buy another if I can find one. Maybe it will come from here.
Oh Ya,
My ferd hauls DARTS...
LOL

Is much as I'd like to say Mopar or no car sales here, I'll be finding myself on the other side of the coin soon. Here's a little story that might put this issue in perspective.

My mother has been having memory issues for some time. After she got lost and a perfect stranger had to lead her back home, we de-horsed her. Last year my sister and I had to put her in assisted living. She'll never drive again and of course she lost the title to her 96 Grand Am. So as soon as I go through the grief to have the title replaced, on the block the it goes, and I'll appreciate the ability to post here it for free.
Just think, maybe there's a member here that would want even a non Mopar, everyday driver with 85K on it after I've already fixed the little crap and would want a shot at buying it before the general public.

I get money to put toward her assisted living, and a fellow FABO member gets a cheap everyday beater, win-win.

Good point and sorry to hear about your mom.
She will be included in my prayers,
Martin

I never thought about the otherside of this. My prayers for you and your family.

Like I mentioned earlier No ebay or Craigslist links on non-Mopar cars would solve the problem with one time drive by posters just cluttering thing up.

Holy shyst, I thought that "Other forum" was an excellent idea bar none since anything could pop up in there.
What a bunch of men turned girl with twisted up panties you all are. Go take the freakin nail polish off your danm toes you cry babies. And the mirrors off your feet!

Oh yea, you dont like, then you dont look.

Post it in a non Mopar category and leave it up to other members to look or not and the poster has to have a minimum 25 posts to be able to sale anything.

well im goingto say this i will be looking in there later if i cant find a dd soon when i have some money so ya thats all im goingto say have a blessed day all

Im kinda new around here, but I love this site, and the way the members here try to look out for one another, thats why I spent the money to become a Gold Member and give a little back to help keep this place going. With that said, my opinion is that we keep the non mopar ads. As others have said here, alot of us love our mopars, but when it comes to looking for a DD, we will take what we can get the best deal for, regardless of whether it is an a body or not. I'm also certain that there are alot of members here that would rather buy something from a member here than anywhere else. I know I would. I think having that area can be a benefit to members here. The way I see it, if there is something on here that can help a member here, it needs to stay. So Im voting to keep it.

As far as a "minimum posts to sell" rule, I've always resisted doing that because I dont want you guys to miss out on a part thats real hard to find because the guy hadnt posted enough yet. I can tell you there are many people who come to our site who are not internet savvy whatsoever, and just want to buy or sell a part.

And I'd like to take this instance to thank you for doing so.

I was recently in need of parts for my...ahem...Brand X, but ford-trucks.com has a minimum 25 post count in place. Frustrating to say the least as the parts I needed are in limited availability as far as new vendors go or outrageously priced if I wanted to add a lift kit as the only other way to replace 'em. The price for new ones was $120+ shipping through LMC or starting at around $600 and up to $1300 as part as a lift kit. Neither was an option.

I was patient and was able to score a set from a local u-pull it salvage yard. Yet someone over on ford-trucks lost a sale as I was looking for 'em nearly a month to six weeks before I was actually able to score a set.

My thoughts on the 2 issues...

The reason there is a non mopars for sale forum is that several members wanted to post their daily drivers for sale and I didnt want to refuse them. But their ads didnt belong in the mopars for sale obviously. I have absolutely no problem pulling the forum if thats what you guys want.

As far as a "minimum posts to sell" rule, I've always resisted doing that because I dont want you guys to miss out on a part thats real hard to find because the guy hadnt posted enough yet. I can tell you there are many people who come to our site who are not internet savvy whatsoever, and just want to buy or sell a part. We've also had instances where a widow or heir of a mopar guy who died just wanted to sell his collection of parts. Clearly they wont be posting much outside of the buy/sell forums either.

So consider these things guys. The parts for these cars can be tough to locate, do you really want to limit these parts being listed? And before someone suggests it, I am NOT a fan of giving special permissions on a case by case basis. Our mods are busy enough to begin with. So dont bother suggestiong anything like that.

Joey, I agree with what you say here 100%, I dont think we need a minimum post count, or to bombard the mods here with special cases. WE can all be the moderators in this instance. If you see a brand new member trying to dump off something here, first post, link to ebay/craigslist, whatever, if its a situation where you dont think they should have been allowed to post it, then dont go there, dont reply to their message, ignore it. If someone comes here just to try to sell something, and gets no replies, they are gonna leave. that simple. but if they post something up for sale, and a member here buys it, then it has helped the members here.

I don't care if someone wants to sell something other than a MoPar. I'd dare say that a great deal of the members here own at least one vehicle that isn't a MoPar.
IMO- So what?

Believe it or not...psss they have wbsites fore every car out there.If you want a ford then you go to a ford site same as all the rest if you want to sell your ford...psss go to a ford site you will get a better dollar value from members that appreciate the other cars.I dont agrre with the post count because I bought some stuff from a guy with less than 5 posts but he is a member of FEBO but it was mopar parts.I just dont get all the whining about being able to sell non mopars here if you have a chevey go toi chevy sites to sell it...oh wait you already do,you just put it here and everywhere else to spam it on everyone.I have never looked in those threads and dont plan on it so if the stay or go it want male any difference to me but I dont think many of the other car specific site sell sny and everything.just my opinion

Joey, I agree with what you say here 100%, I dont think we need a minimum post count, or to bombard the mods here with special cases. WE can all be the moderators in this instance. If you see a brand new member trying to dump off something here, first post, link to ebay/craigslist, whatever, if its a situation where you dont think they should have been allowed to post it, then dont go there, dont reply to their message, ignore it. If someone comes here just to try to sell something, and gets no replies, they are gonna leave. that simple. but if they post something up for sale, and a member here buys it, then it has helped the members here.

Let me point out one of the classified ad rules:

eBay auctions are permitted, but please give some detail of the item as well as the eBay link. DO NOT post just the eBay item number, post the link.

I dont mind if they post a link to eBay... But I want some detail & photos posted here with the link. If they dont, report the post and we'll delete it.

I'll say this again.

DOES THE NON-MOPAR SALE FORUM HURT YOU IN ANY DIRECT WAY?

No? Then what is the problem?

DOES THE NON-MOPAR SALE FORUM HURT THIS FORUM IN ANY DIRECT WAY?

DO YOU HAVE TO GO INTO THE NON-MOPAR SALE FORUM FOR ANY REASON?

So far I've yet to actually see a valid reason for getting rid of it. Just a bunch of whining :D

I think the members should be able to post non mopar products but I think a minimum post count of 200 should be in order that way the site isn't abused

lol... WOW...... as has been said....

If you dont want to see NON-MOPAR cars for sale dont click on the little thingy that takes you there. It really can't be more simple.

Should we do away with the Blue room forum ??? I personally dont think it belongs on a car site. As there is **** everywhere. Granted its not open access to everyone, but still....
If I dont like it, I just dont go there.
Simple as that. No worries... no problems.

We can say that about ANY of the forums on here. Lets NOT.

I think ya all are gettin Cabin Fever and looking for ANYTHING to do. HA HA

As far as the OVER policing comment... ha... if we didnt have some sort of policing you all would have tons and tons of junk to sift through.

-RPM

Lots of great points made here, I guess like I said in a different thread that Ink mentioned, Don't care, don't look. Cabin fever? Maybe, just hate when you see a first post from a member selling something that isn't Mopar related, makes me feel like they are taking advantage of the great site we belong too. I guess this will happen as the site continues to grow. The poll seems pretty close but I am glad I started this thread cause it made me think about it a little more. I will just ignore these threads, just like I do with the eBay feed ads, like the one for the Mopar sport mirrors that aren't even Mopar.........:D

Thanks for the comments and letting me vent :glasses7:

-
Back