parting out: 68 barracuda 383-s 4 speed nice car black on black

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you sold any parts yet? Is it manual or power steering? How rough is the interior? Is the trans and all the linkage,bellhousing,shifter there? Are the motor mounts and factory k-frame there? I am interested in whole car but on east coast. My brother lives in Georgetown not far from you.

manual steering and manual disc brakes..engine and trans gone...k frame and mounts there... no parts gone yet but lots of lists!..parts sold when i get $$$

manual steering and manual disc brakes..engine and trans gone...k frame and mounts there... no parts gone yet but lots of lists!..parts sold when i get $$$ 253 852 6618
Just my 2 cents.. Post some more pic's. Floors, frame,interior etc.. That might help with the sale.Just like some others here... I wish I could come down to buy it up and save it! Best of luck..

frames are perfect ZERO RUST.. 1 tiny tiny rust pin hole in rf floor in one of the trough's... int gone [RACECAR]..

i'd love to see it in person but unfortunetly im in georgia and cash poor its sad to see one as rare and desirable like this meet its fate this way hopefully someone will buy all the parts maybe knock off alittle cash and try selling it whole once more with detailed pics,.....but goodluck to you in whatever you decide ......toobad FABO couldnt all get together on this to buy it fix it and raffle it off or something

A guy near me has a very badly rotted 68 383S at the body shop to get restored. Not near as nice from the pics. North Alabama.

That said, if the upper dash is good I want it. Quote with the ride to 35773.

Caint save um all.

I can understand parting out the rusted out hulks that would cost a fortune to bring back to life, or the used up and twisted drag car bodies...but this car looks to be in decent shape and is (or was) mostly intact.

Is it all about the money? If you don't net a profit selling it intact, you'll do so by parting it and destroying it? Do you even like Mopars? I just don't get how someone who claims they are could do something like this.

Take a loss to save the firetrucking car...jesus

i started a thread seeing how everyone wants to save it but nobody can buy it how bout all of us here on FABO chip in some bucks seeing how there is 25,000 members if each of us sent a dollar or 5 even 10 bucks this would be more than enough to purchase this car have money left over to finance a restoration then we as a group could sell the car or even raffle it off taking the money from that and giving it to a charity i think that way everybody wins even the cuda

Without more pics I'm inclined to believe Dave's offer and description are accurate. Of course, I don't no the seller, and I do know Dave... But seems like if it hasn't sold there's a reason. Of course, I know more than a few real for-profit parts vendors that would have already gutted the car, cut off the good body parts, and listed the VIN numbers quietly for sale.

i started a thread seeing how everyone wants to save it but nobody can buy it how bout all of us here on FABO chip in some bucks seeing how there is 25,000 members if each of us sent a dollar or 5 even 10 bucks this would be more than enough to purchase this car have money left over to finance a restoration then we as a group could sell the car or even raffle it off taking the money from that and giving it to a charity i think that way everybody wins even the cuda

If someone set this up I'd certainly contribute.

I'm busy starting a new career (due to layoff - job got shipped to Mexico) or else I'd buy it and sit on it till I could restore it or find a worthy owner for it.

i pm'ed Joey maybe he'd have something to say about it. plus we would need to talk to the seller about this idea and see if he is game. and we would need to get a reasonable time frame to get his purchase price also get someone willing to inspect it and picture all the highs and lows of the car

Hey Martin, werent you looking for a 68 "S" BB??? C'mon and snag this up!!

Looking for a running, #'s car Steve. I rather buy the best I can buy that's out there, not someone else's project. This has been for sale for awhile now.
With little or no interest showing in it, and with the prices it has been at, it's a no brainer why the crush it threat comes out of the woodwork. A project car has to be right to start with or they die a real slow death.
If it's crushed, at least he parted it. As he said, no one has stepped up to the plate, irregardless of the price. Part it and crush it Dan, move on. It's no skin off anyone's back.
:angel9:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3010498435.html

he change it, but here it is before he change it i save it.

BARRACUDA 68 383 formula S mopar 4 speed black on black
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/3010498435.html
Fri May 11 2012 21:01:00 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
reply to: ksfgh-3010498435@sale.craigslist.org
forsale
cars & trucks - all
cars & trucks - by owner
washington
seattle-tacoma
seattle
(rensea)

$3,995

rarest mopar out there...cool and super rare! factory H code 383-s 4 speed car.. no engine or trans.. [have correct but non #,s block avail] BLACK on BLACK with fendertag to verify options... car is needing resto but is decent lots of cool options was an old racecar, has subframes and connectors [original frames untouched] had fenderwell headers, very very rare maybe 20 built like this if that.. come see it and you will buy it!.. dan 253 852 6618.......................

it was a fat finger misprint was all... thats why i changed it when i saw it later.. i will sell it for 3995.00 minus front sheet metal ... NO ON HAS SEEN CAR IN PERSON..got a deposit on it and guy has disappeared was sold for 7200.00..then had 10 other guys say they want it too NO MONEY YET... cash in hand gets it or parts...

well heres the most important question....Does it have a title and what is the bottom dollar for the car? I' would have to get a transport company to pick it up so pm those details and thats how it goes

I can understand parting out the rusted out hulks that would cost a fortune to bring back to life, or the used up and twisted drag car bodies...but this car looks to be in decent shape and is (or was) mostly intact.

Is it all about the money? If you don't net a profit selling it intact, you'll do so by parting it and destroying it? Do you even like Mopars? I just don't get how someone who claims they are could do something like this.

Take a loss to save the f&*^%g car...jesus

I don't disagree. I don't have the money to save it.....or to donate towards it. Do you have the money to buy it?

so much brewing over this ride....im suprised its been this civil...if i had the means it would be in my yard right now.

If i was him i would take the offer i seen on the table That way its outta his way and hes got cash in hand jmo

frames are perfect ZERO RUST.. 1 tiny tiny rust pin hole in rf floor in one of the trough's... int gone [RACECAR]..

be nice if you had more pictures. only pic's you have, and i have ever seen of the car was the same 3 and all from afar. doesn't give me any warm and fuzzy's. I am sure many feel the same way.

So the interior is gone? just a steering wheel brake/gas pedal?
no dash, gauges, carpet, headliner? a-pillar molding? is there wiring harness, wiper motor, pivots? seems hard to get any information on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back