passion performance 5 speed

-
nice peice, but a way overpriced unit...ya gotta be nutso imo to buy that thing

id rather buy a t56, or better yet, a Doug Nash 5 speed!

Are they direct bolt in's the Nash or the T56?

Passons trans is a small biz product without the help of selling trannys to every other major brand and/or forien car set up like other places.

Passons trans is a small biz product without the help of selling trannys to every other major brand and/or forien car set up like other places.

I know what your saying, and i totally respect the product and R&D that went into this product... but imo anyone who pays 4300 bucks for a "direct bolt in" is rich or crazy lol...maybe because im a cheap DIY hotrodder kinda guy, but thats just me...I think we all know that alot of us mopar guys aren't rich, and for that much, id have me a GF5R in there or something else to row the boat

just my opinion..not taking anything away from the beauty of the product...just alotta dough to spend on a 5 gear 18 spline A833 transmission at the end of the day

Absolutely none of the current offerings are a direct bolt in. When this unit hits the shelf, I'm going to push hard on a few folks I know, and try to get one for myself, also.

but imo anyone who pays 4300 bucks for a "direct bolt in" is rich or crazy lol...maybe because im a cheap DIY hotrodder kinda guy, but thats just me...I think we all know that alot of us mopar guys aren't rich, and for that much, id have me a GF5R in there or something else to row the boat
I aint rich and crazy is a POV. (Point Of View) But if I had the scratch, yep, I'd get one.

just alotta dough to spend on a 5 gear 18 spline A833 transmission at the end of the day

True. Alot does depend on the wallet strength. And I do beileve my wallet needs to get stronger for anything I do next year.

I aint rich and crazy is a POV. (Point Of View) But if I had the scratch, yep, I'd get one.

True. Alot does depend on the wallet strength. And I do beileve my wallet needs to get stronger for anything I do next year.

I'm on the list to get one................. :toothy10:

Hell, I'm on the list to get a stronger wallet.....

It is a point of view, but I think if we all had the cash we'd get one. I don't know about you guys, but when i make big purchases, especially on one item, i have to take a deep breath and tell myself "holy crap, your actually doing this" LOL...its the shock factor of one item being this much more than anything else...but enough blabbering

Hell, I'm on the list to get a stronger wallet.....

Hey man, where do i sign up to get on that list? lol:toothy10:

You need to get a better job or budget better! :toothy10: I am going to budget better..............

part time work sucks for money, don't remind me lol

the joys of being a student:toothy10:

It is a point of view, but I think if we all had the cash we'd get one. I don't know about you guys, but when i make big purchases, especially on one item, i have to take a deep breath and tell myself "holy crap, your actually doing this" LOL...its the shock factor of one item being this much more than anything else...but enough blabbering

Hey man, where do i sign up to get on that list? lol:toothy10:

I do the same thing. I know just what your talkin about. Oh, if you find that list, pass it this way. Mircle grow aint workin on the wallet ethier.

PM Jamie Passon here, that 's what I did

No no, here; http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/member.php?u=12188

I would be happy with a four in one of cars, I have to get in my 90 dodge short box 4+4 to bang gear. No shiften with out liften in that beast. I have been think of taking it to test and tune night and running it through just because. Probably just use 2nd and 4th because 1st is to low and 3rd is a pain.

i have a 4 speed and although it would be nice to have 5 gears I think i would rather have a alterktion.

i have a 4 speed and although it would be nice to have 5 gears I think i would rather have a alterktion.

lol..yea! although a very nice tranny, i think ull like the alterktion even more!!! save for the tranny after ya get it!! :)

Very nice! Finally someone listened to all our pleas. I love the fact its American made and is a true bolt in. Remember whatever trans you go with it will be expensive. A T-5 (weak) or a T56 (expensive and even more expensive if you make it strong) both need bellhousings, custom clutch linkages, shifters, and driveshafts. All that ads up quick. You could go the cheap route by getting stuff from the junkyard and such but in the end you end up saving very little and have an inferior product. Very cool, I guess I need to start rubbing my nickles together and try to get one.

What ever happened to the McLeod 5 speed in development? This sounded like a good option also.

I gave up on all this 5 speed stuff. The ones that are out suck and the ones that are not out, Well there not out and may never be out. My A-833 is a good trans and will not cost me 5 +K to rebuild.

Been out of the loop for a while and just getting back to my cars (been a Harley ***** again for a few years) Not a bad price seeing that you don't have to replace drive shafts bellhousing's or pretty much anything else, and it comes with a new Hurst shifter and rods and is made in the states I could see me saving up for one. It sure would make tooling around in a 410 gear a lot nicer! :) Just read about it in the new issue of Mopar action, good article.

Man Id love one. Im gonna start saving now and looking for a 4.10 rear, Anyone looking for a 3.23 ???? Itll be for sale next year

The Mcleod I think will be out as soon as they can get quality parts. Alot of people are waiting for both 5 speeds

Man!, I would love one of these transmissions, especially after reading the articles in Mopar Action and Mopar Muscle! Just not sure how long it will take me to save for it!

-
Back