passion performance 5 speed

-
I can see your point but I have both a 727 car and an A833 car. If I want to go on a cruise I almost always take the 4-speed car. They are just more fun on the street, in my opinion at least.

Amen.I have both but a 4-speed car really makes for a whole different experience.Also,I love the off the line peformance of the 3:91s but also want to cruise down the highway at a reasonable RPM.A five speed gives you the ability to do both at the same time without having to get dirty and swap gearsets depending what you want to do that day or if you want to do both on the same day.When I'm back to work,I'll be putting my name on the list for one.

I have thought about the Passon 5 speed and it is going to be great for the guys that don't want to cut up their cars. Mine is a 68' Valiant and I have decided to go with a T-56 Magnum trans. Since I'm starting from scratch the cost is not much more if you use all new parts. About the only thing is I'll probably have to use a Hyd. clutch system. With a Passon 5 speed you can use the stock linkage. But I want to be able to use dragstrip rear gears and still be able to cruise 80 mph on the highway with the .5 overdrive.

I agree the price is too much but for some reason companies these days feel it is the customers responsibilty to cover all thier start up costs like R&D,tooling etc and make a good profit right away.These costs are NOT the customers problem.

It's not "these days". With everything you and I buy, all the start up costs, R & D, tooling and everything else that's involved are rolled into the final price. That's the way it's always been. No company is going to absorb those costs and say when it's all paid off in 10 or 20 years then we'll start making profits. lol Get real. Even their utility bills and government taxes they pay are rolled into the final sale price. If a business has to pay more taxes, their prices will go up right away. We're going to pay for it one way or another. Is it fair? Hell no. Is it right? Hell no!

At least this transmission can be considered a luxury item. An item one does not have to buy. Sadly there are many necessities we must buy throughout our daily lives. We still pay for all those costs.

Wylde1.

Amen.I have both but a 4-speed car really makes for a whole different experience.Also,I love the off the line peformance of the 3:91s but also want to cruise down the highway at a reasonable RPM.A five speed gives you the ability to do both at the same time without having to get dirty and swap gearsets depending what you want to do that day or if you want to do both on the same day.When I'm back to work,I'll be putting my name on the list for one.

Still don't need a 5-speed overdrive. Passon's 4-speed overdrive will let you cruise at low rpm's too and is way cheaper. Bill Goldberg has one in his Hemi Dart. http://www.timemachinesinc.com/projects/68_Dart_Bill_Goldberg/

Wylde1.

the 4 speed will have a decent OD but the 5 speed will have a better gear ratio splits overall.

and screw goldberg.. who the hell gives a crap about that clown?

Gotcha on the gear splits. Goldberg's Dart was just a reference as to the abuse the tranny could take behind the Barton Hemi.

Wylde1.

did ya see that idiot try to race it at carlisle a few years ago? dude shouldn't even be driving a 5 speed neon..lol.

nothing wrong with the 4 speed OD. just the 5 speed will give ya bothe the nice low first gear and a OD in one package. they both have their place. a budd has the 4 speed OD in his chally.. its a nice trans.

nothing wrong with the 4 speed OD. just the 5 speed will give ya bothe the nice low first gear and a OD in one package. they both have their place. a budd has the 4 speed OD in his chally.. its a nice trans.

I hear ya. I was mainly pointing out the 4-speed for those of us who can't ante up for the 5-speed but would still like to have an od for cruising the highways.

Wylde1.

I have the tremic behind my hemi....... works great....... but, cutting the car to fit it in hurt! I think i'm going to get a passion........5 speed :study:

I can live with the extra RPM and save $4-k.

Maybe the price will come down in a few years.

If my Demon wasn't so damn high strung and wasn't like driving in an oven - even with the windows down, I bet I'd put 20,000 miles on it from April to October like I used to do with my more streetable cars. I drove my '76 Volare roadrunner and '68 Super Bee almost daily back then. Weekends were always a new adventure driving hundreds of miles away from home. Cars are made to be driven not tucked away unseen. If I had some sane gears (the 4.56 in it now is a little better than the 5.38 in it before), od trans, comfy seats, a/c, disc brakes and some modern MPFI, I'd be traveling all over the countryside. I'm older now and want some creature comforts. I deserve them. :bootysha:

Wylde1.

-
Back