passion performance 5 speed

-
And if you are starting out with no stick shift parts price will run up to 7k in a heart beat....

are you serious ? it's not going to cost you 2700 for pedals , floor hump , bellhousing , clutch and the z bar linkage , if it does I have a bridge for sale .... :wave:

The Mcleod I think will be out as soon as they can get quality parts. Alot of people are waiting for both 5 speeds

Have you seen the pictures of the Mc Leod , It has a shift rail setup simialr to a T5/TKO , no way it's a BOLT IN .

I have an original 69 GTS 383 4 speed car , I'm not going to cut it up to install a 5 speed and I want to keep my 3.91 gears , actually looking to step up to 4.30 gears . I'm going to have to sell something but I'm getting one of these transmissions .

its a nice looking tranny but way too much for me. I ended up going the cheaper route of getting a 5 speed out of a v6 dodge dakota. Gotta admit tho it was a pain in the *** modifying the tunnel, setting up the hydraulic clutch setup, moving the engine up an inch forward and modifying a tranny mount. Didnt have to modify the driveshaft, yoke splined right up to the tranny and the flywheel bolted right up to the engine and didnt have any vibration problems when i ran it and i have the 1988 318 in my dart. I guess it all depends on peoples budget and which route they want to go. Total i only spend under 500 but was alot of modifying but i enjoy it now!

its a nice looking tranny but way too much for me. I ended up going the cheaper route of getting a 5 speed out of a v6 dodge dakota. Gotta admit tho it was a pain in the *** modifying the tunnel, setting up the hydraulic clutch setup, moving the engine up an inch forward and modifying a tranny mount. Didnt have to modify the driveshaft, yoke splined right up to the tranny and the flywheel bolted right up to the engine and didnt have any vibration problems when i ran it and i have the 1988 318 in my dart. I guess it all depends on peoples budget and which route they want to go. Total i only spend under 500 but was alot of modifying but i enjoy it now!

nice way to go for a cruiser,,did you use the dakota pedal assembly?? it makes it a way better easier conversion,,,using the dakota pedal assembly gives you the mounting position for the master and correct pedal pivot,, most dakota stick tranys ive seen have to be used with there own bell housing,,,i would think finding a complete package would be the hardest part of the conversion,,,

I didnt use the dakota pedal assembly, i didnt think it would go in my dart so i ended up getting a pedal from another car, Mark 2 vw i think, and making the pedal assembly. I got it from a low mileage dakota from the junkyard and i was suprized it had everything i needed. alot of the junkyards i called the trannys were all gone and talked to most of the junkyard owners and they say its a hot item so i got very lucky finding this dakota still complete. got the tranny, flywheel and hydraulic clutch under 200 so i got one hell of a good deal on it.

I didnt use the dakota pedal assembly, i didnt think it would go in my dart so i ended up getting a pedal from another car, Mark 2 vw i think, and making the pedal assembly. I got it from a low mileage dakota from the junkyard and i was suprized it had everything i needed. alot of the junkyards i called the trannys were all gone and talked to most of the junkyard owners and they say its a hot item so i got very lucky finding this dakota still complete. got the tranny, flywheel and hydraulic clutch under 200 so i got one hell of a good deal on it.

a lot of street rodders are using the dakota stuff,,using the dakota pedal assembly makes it a breeze,,you got lucky finding it all,,,what year did you get it from ???? and is the tranny bolted to the bell housing from inside the bell,,?? un like from the out side as we know it ??

are you serious ? it's not going to cost you 2700 for pedals , floor hump , bellhousing , clutch and the z bar linkage , if it does I have a bridge for sale .... :wave:
Yeah, I am serious. Might have been a bit high, not much. I aint talking using a junk clutch and ratty pedals. Twin disc clutch (I am going to be running some hp), $850, pedals from brewers $300, $150 on the hump, $450 on a sfi bellhousing, $350 on a sfi bell housing, $200 or on the cltuch linkage (unless you want hyd like I do) than add another $400 or so. I think that totals $2700 or so. Sure you could cut corners, and save some of it. In my case I am shooting for a 800 or so hp Hemi, I would not even think about using an old oem flywheel, a single disc clutch etc. Let me guess, you are one of the people that think you are going to build one of these cars for 5K? \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/And as far as the bridge, well, you can keep the damn thing...

Hey Inkjunkie didn't someone else out your way fall for the old I'll sell you a bridge thing in the past. Good thing you passed up on that deal. $2700 is certianly not out of line for all that stuff and thats just getting started with one of these deals.

Yeah, I am serious. Might have been a bit high, not much. I aint talking using a junk clutch and ratty pedals. Twin disc clutch (I am going to be running some hp), $850, pedals from brewers $300, $150 on the hump, $450 on a sfi bellhousing, $350 on a sfi bell housing, $200 or on the cltuch linkage (unless you want hyd like I do) than add another $400 or so. I think that totals $2700 or so. Sure you could cut corners, and save some of it. In my case I am shooting for a 800 or so hp Hemi, I would not even think about using an old oem flywheel, a single disc clutch etc. Let me guess, you are one of the people that think you are going to build one of these cars for 5K? \\:D/\\:D/\\:D/And as far as the bridge, well, you can keep the damn thing...

I added it up and is south of 2700 , but not everyone needs to buy SFI parts. OEM flywheels are worth their weight in scrap I don't use them, I know what these cars cost to build, I have a Hemi and nothing associated with it is cheap.

You are building an 800 hp hemi and you are bitching about a $4300 transmission. :wack:

Are you sure you don't live under that bridge ?

My A-833 is a good trans and will not cost me 5 +K to rebuild.

833 is a great trans but when your combo needs gear to be right having the 5th gear is really nice is you want to take the car over the road.

I added it up and is south of 2700 , but not everyone needs to buy SFI parts. OEM flywheels are worth their weight in scrap I don't use them, I know what these cars cost to build, I have a Hemi and nothing associated with it is cheap.

You are building an 800 hp hemi and you are bitching about a $4300 transmission. :wack:

Are you sure you don't live under that bridge ?
Not bitching, merely stating the facts.....speaking of the bridge, why don't you go jump off the frigging thing....

Not bitching, merely stating the facts.....speaking of the bridge, why don't you go jump off the frigging thing....

you're not even worth the effort , good luck ...

you're not even worth the effort , good luck ...
I am not woth the effort, what are you, some kind of royality or something? I was not bitching about nothing, merely stateing the fact that if someone were starting out with nothing and were to buy all the good stuff it is going to cost you a bit of money, what the hell is your problem with me??

It's just this kind of moronic BS that ruins these web sites for me. If you want to argue take it to PMs and have some damn respect for the rest of us.

It's just this kind of moronic BS that ruins these web sites for me. If you want to argue take it to PMs and have some damn respect for the rest of us.
I am not trying to argue with anybody, I just was merely stating some simple facts....

A 5th gear would be nice....I mean, how many times when you have a passenger in your car have you heard the old....''this things a rocket, but you cruise 70 @ 3400??, bummer''
OR the old....cruise the hwy 80mph @ 2750 but with the big cam you get your roll'E poll'Es handed to you without the gear...

I was going to apologize for the rant but I'm not. I don't know about other members, who may like watching the "show", but I came to this thread as I was very interested in the topic - the new Passon 5 speed. In the effort to learn something about the transmission I had to wade through two pages of "discussion" on who is better at estimating parts costs. I use to frequent the Moparts forums back in the day but happily moved here when the BS arguing started permeating every thread. Within the last year the same mentality has been increasing here at FABO. If the moderators and web site owner don't get a handle on this behavior this site will be ruined too. I already find myself frequenting another Mopar web site (that isn't infested - yet) more and here less. We're all experts in our own minds, we really don't need it to be proven over and over again that it isn't so in some cases.

a lot of street rodders are using the dakota stuff,,using the dakota pedal assembly makes it a breeze,,you got lucky finding it all,,,what year did you get it from ???? and is the tranny bolted to the bell housing from inside the bell,,?? un like from the out side as we know it ??

Got it from a 94 dodge dakota 2wd, and the bellhousing is bolted from the inside the bellhousing.

I hate going backwards and wouldn't go backwards for all the THC in Oregon. I guess having a 5 speed overdrive would be awesome if the last two gears were overdrives after all, the 727 does well with 3 speeds. Back in 1990 I ran a Nash 5 speed with 273 rear gears, got great gas mileage and came out of the shoot like there was no tomorrow and that was because of its 327 1st gear. Want to be passionate, get a T56. If its good enough for the Viper, its good enou...

Nice to know it aint just me....

Nope it aint just you..

I agree the price is too much but for some reason companies these days feel it is the customers responsibilty to cover all thier start up costs like R&D,tooling etc and make a good profit right away.These costs are NOT the customers problem. I can guarantee if it had been made to fit some godless g.m product it would cost much less as well. There is some MoPar inflation going on here as well.:flower:

Myself I like automatics. Much less likely to break stuff.:burnout: Put the good parts in and you have a rock solid tranny for about 1/4 the price of a passon and it fits!

As far as o.d trannies and 5 speeds etc;whatever happened to swapping out the pumpkin come race season?

Myself I like automatics. Much less likely to break stuff.:burnout: Put the good parts in and you have a rock solid tranny for about 1/4 the price of a passon and it fits!

I can see your point but I have both a 727 car and an A833 car. If I want to go on a cruise I almost always take the 4-speed car. They are just more fun on the street, in my opinion at least.

-
Back