Passon Od Vs Keisler Tko

-
In my experience the Passon kid has a bad attitude.
That alone, IMO, would make me steer clear of dealing with them.

When a business says they are looking for cores that you have, and they have a core you can use, you don't get all cocky and snide, pulling an attitude trip, when trying to buy the cores you need.
You just say "No we need this core to rebuild for our own".

I can handle "no", but not a holier than thou attitude.

Now Brewer's gets any extra older core 4 speed stuff I have, when I have it.

As far as an after market manual transmission, KEISLER would be my choice, because there are no other sensible choices offered.

Mark.

Mark,
My apologies for not giving you the cores that I run around like an idiot at the swap meets trying to get to stay in business while managing the parts vending trailer as well. Did you ever think that maybe the "problem" that we had several years ago when you so loudly (in front of customers) accused me of stealing a pistol grip shifter from you at the Chrysler Classic in Columbus. Which by the way, I DID NOT steal. That kind of thing tends to stick with someone.

So, please forgive me for not tripping over myself to give you the cores that I worked so hard to get. That would be like searching for a part for your car and then having a guy come up and expect you to sell it to them even though you put forth MUCH effort to get it. I will refrain from making a verbal jab at you and saying that you have a bad attitude (like you chose to do to me). By the way, if being a kid is being almost 35 years old, I guess I am a kid.
Jamie

After talking to Jamie Passon on the phone, I decided to buy my 4 sapeed parts and components from Brewer's. In my opinion, Mr. Passon needs some personal skills courses.

Sorry, I guess I was having a bad day. We are all human. I have heard many customers say the same thing in the other direction. So again, if I seemed cranky or the sort, my apologies. I will certainly try to be more cheerful.
Jamie

Jamie, welcome aboard. Sorry you have joined up and seen this thread bashing you (And others) for a bad day or what ever the case was at hand then.

OH, can I get the O.D. in a 23 spline count instead of the 18?

just wondering.

Sorry, I guess I was having a bad day. We are all human. I have heard many customers say the same thing in the other direction. So again, if I seemed cranky or the sort, my apologies. I will certainly try to be more cheerful.
Jamie

Careful Jamie this is a Rough crowd!!! :mrgreen:

I personally have done biz with Brewers with no problems. I have a couple of friends that have done biz with Passon with no problems. Keisler, nothing. I like that Keisler offers a kit to put a 5 or 6 speed into a car, and we know it REQUIRES mods, but their customer satisfaction rate that I read alot across the internet, has left alot to be desired.

I hope this thread sheds light on the OD subject and not become a bashing session because of some bad experiences, that ALL businesses get. I try my best every day, yet not all will be satisfied, no matter what you do.

Jamie

Jamie, I just installed a speedometer cable housing on an od four speed that i just got from you, the housing not the four speed, fits perfectly! Will order from you again!

in the comments it says $2300. if it really sells that cheap it is so making it way into my car sooner or later. they say the gm style one should be out in march 2010 i think and the chrysler will follow at some point.

I hope this thing pans out. I will get one. This is just the trans I have been hoping for. A true 5 speed that fits. Finally some one is going to make some thing we want instead of craming some hobbled together junk down are throats.

i really hope that price is correct. but knowing how most places are that will be the price for the GM version and they will triple it for the mopar crowd. the gm version should be out around march and god knows when the mopar version will be out.
just spoke to McLeod, $2300 with the shifter and the mopar version will be out in march...

Wow, I just read most of this thread and I have to tell you that for the most part Keisler has been pretty good for me. I bought; I think it was there first A-body set up over 10 years ago! It fit fine and worked great. I did have a hard time power shifting into 2nd and when I called Keisler there response was that there may be a burr on the shift handle ball, take it out (4-6 bolts)and emery cloth it....so, i just beat the leaving daylights out of it until it shifted better! I just replaced my clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and fly wheel, which I bought from Keisler and the Tech guy at Kesiler was great. He talked me out of the hydraulic clutch thing because as he put it, "you loose that hotrod feel with it".
So Keisler gets a thumbs up from me…….

Jamie Passion………..I have not bought anything from Jamie, yet, and I know I will for a project that I have going but I did meet him at the Columbus show, what a nice guy. My good friend from Pittsburgh, Don ALL_MOPAR_PARTS@Yahoo.com deals with Jamie a lot and tells me he is a super nice guy. HemiDenny, a member here and a friend of mine just had his A-833 rebuilt by Passion and he said they were great……. So….there you have it….
I’m no help at all!

My 2 cents, twice :stop:

We only made the OD gearset in an 18 spline. Sorry. It just wasn't cost effective to tool up for the 23 spline and then have a weak point in the unit.

You guys kill me...name calling??? too funny...no just descriptive words that tell the truth. Funny how no one wants the truth, just some feel good fluff...I could just call the cheerleaders a bunch of hacks with K mart tools but I won't...yet. Make sure you discredit me because a low post count means I must be stupid...

Everything said by me had everything to do with the topic. Smart people need to know they are NOT getting for their money. Come on Gene start schmoozing us and tell us everything is gonna be alright...apparently pride and integrity along with some real quality are not available at any price.

If the tremec junk fits so "perfectly" well why does TTI make a special 6 degree adapter so the tti product will fit the car with a tremec??? Do you think tilting the tailshaft down 6 degrees might affect other components and cause problems??

Denial is not a river in Egypt

:tool: :tool: :banghead: :butthead: :sign3: :sign3: :sign3:

Did you cheerleaders read this??? He must be lying!!!! No he's not!!
Bought a auto overdrive kit. They tried to rip me off by not including what was promised. Tried to resolve it and went through a chain of cocky smart asses that told me I was wrong. E-mailed Shafty, no response. Filed a complaint with my CC co. Shafty the screw calls and agrees to send my parts if I pay and remove all bad posts. Install isnt as simple as they (and all the magazines they pay off) would like you to think. Car wont stay in first under hard acceleration. Spent hours and hours with phone calls and e-mails performing every test they could come up with. Replaced the wiring harness twice. Still has problem. They finally determine that I will need to remove the unit and pay to ship it back ($375 at my cost). If their transmision rebuilding company determines it a warranty issue they will fix it and ship it back. If not I pay to fix and ship back. Whats that old saying screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me? These people are nothing short of theives. I cant stress enough how far anyone considering a overdrive should run in the opposite direction of these people. he lies cheats and steals with a big broad smile on his face. Oh and did I mention this shlub has filed for backruptcy. Just Google it.

You guys kill me...name calling??? too funny...no just descriptive words that tell the truth. Funny how no one wants the truth, just some feel good fluff...I could just call the cheerleaders a bunch of hacks with K mart tools but I won't...yet. Make sure you discredit me because a low post count means I must be stupid...

Everything said by me had everything to do with the topic. Smart people need to know they are NOT getting for their money. Come on Gene start schmoozing us and tell us everything is gonna be alright...apparently pride and integrity along with some real quality are not available at any price.

If the tremec junk fits so "perfectly" well why does TTI make a special 6 degree adapter so the tti product will fit the car with a tremec??? Do you think tilting the tailshaft down 6 degrees might affect other components and cause problems??

Denial is not a river in Egypt

:tool: :tool: :banghead: :butthead: :sign3: :sign3: :sign3:

Did you cheerleaders read this??? He must be lying!!!! No he's not!!
Yes everyone TOM Quad has posts all over the forums give him a hand... pat on the back.... He is as negative here as well as on every other post. He wastes time in his life making sure he can bash Keisler every step of the way.. We must have really stepped on his toe's

Yes TTI makes adjustments to there headers because the crossmember pulls the back of the motor down on some cars. Guess what he made adjustments for our New A41 for Mopars as well. That should tell you how popular it is to use Keisler's Kits. Especially when another vendor make's compensations for another product. Currently he is working on larger tube headers for the Abody using 5.7 and 6.1 motors guess what he has and his building it around a Keisler A41 and 5 speed.

Does this make it junk I don't think so. I tell the truth and for you to come here an attack my intergtity just show that you have no class.

Tom is a Keisler basher from way back. I am sure in the past with Tom we made a mistake he was probably told it would fit perfectly no mods or something to that affect. When I started in 05 we had a couple of guys that were still doing that. This quickly came to a halt. Myself and the other couple of sales guys are completely straight forward on what needs to be done.

Tom get over it move past it Life is too short to waste anymore time on this.

Gene

Tom, make your point and air your issue, but you have been known to have an axe to grind from several web sites. You are not going to have a fun time here attacking people over and over again.

Again, make your point, without belittleing or personal attacks etc... and get on and over it all reeady.

Let me know if you have a problem with this. I can fix it for you. Promise.

I'm having a Keisler 5 speed installed in my 66 Barracuda. There were some issues with the kit and I agree that their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, but the quality (so far) seems OK. As long as it doesn't start popping out of gear when I get it on the road I'll be happy:)

cheers,
Ken

Jamie

this is the man i need to talk to!

I`ve got a Keisler TKO-600 kit in my 500 c.i. Barracuda. The kit went in without much ado and works great. I give it hell on a regular basis and so far so good. It`s a shame that you only hear about the cases that go bad and not the majority of the cases that go well. No business could ever be successful and survive if every customer was dissatisfied. I`m sure that running these businesses for Keisler and Passon is no picnic and they simply can`t please all the people all the time. Things are going to go wrong from time to time and that`s just the way it is. Are we not human? I would guess that the majority ( 90%) of all customers these two companies serve are pleased with their products/service. It`s a fact that an unhappy customer will tell up to ten different people of their experience while a satisfied custom will only tell three different people. Combine that lopsided ratio with the internet and you can see how just one unsatisfied customer can make quite a wave.

IMO , being born and raised into the automotive repair business, customer service proceeds reputation. I haven't dealt with either man or company, but from what I've read,Jamie Passon's care for customer service and satisfaction speaks worlds not only about him ,but for his company as well. I was originally intending on purchasing a keisler unit but since shafty won't even chime in ,apologize, or even make right with customers . Oh and the fact he filed chapter 11,well that pretty much made my decision. Just my .2

Passon Od Vs Keisler Tko.Jammie I have the highest respect fro you and your transmissions.Keisler I HAVE THE MOST DISRESPECT FOR YOU.Keisler lies period.When I was ordering the trans at the show,I did not know what gear I was going to put in the rear or tire size I was going to use on the car.So how could Keisler have built a trans for me when they didn't knew this info/KEISLER NEEDS TO PAY ME $500.00. Mark

-
Back