Please Help Me All Of You

-
Glad I could do my part to help keep your old friend happy and productive. A lot of the old timers give up when they feel they`re not contributing anything so I think it`s great that he stays busy making those dustpans.

I absolutely agree. I think that generation really believes that "idle hands are the devil's workshop". Jeremy, what color is the CA plate that you have?

Also, would he be willing to sell his pans. It's one thing for these guys to make something, it's another thing for them to be able to find people that want to buy what they make. If some of us were interested in buying them, I think that would really make his day.

I absolutely agree. I think that generation really believes that "idle hands are the devil's workshop". Jeremy, what color is the CA plate that you have?

Also, would he be willing to sell his pans. It's one thing for these guys to make something, it's another thing for them to be able to find people that want to buy what they make. If some of us were interested in buying them, I think that would really make his day.

the plates are the white ones. and i believe he would probably sell these.
thanks a bunch

Jeremy,
You may also be able to check with some of the DMV's to see what they do with their returned plates.
Also: Junk yards, car dealers and possibly some of the prisons that manufacture them.
I don't have any plates at this tiome but I will keep you in mind and watch for them.
Richard

This is another one of these good feelin efforts. Don't cost much and the feelin one gets from helping out is much greater than the cost. I'm headed for the "Field of Dreams" to see whats out there and i'll get em in the mail tomorrow. Good on you Jeremy. We'll need to see pics of the American hero. Shake his hand and tell him thanks from Small Block. I'll be back and tell ya what i have found......OK i'm back. I found an old Ill. and an aluminum Iowa. I thought i had a Louisiana but i haven't found it yet. I'll put what i have in the mail tomorrow and send more latter.

Wow, how did I miss this thread??? FINALLY something I can contribute to!!!

Jeremy, I'm kicking in one of the plates from my '86 F350 Dually Crew Cab that I bought to move from SoCal to Louisiana. I know you already have a California on the way, but this one is a "Sesquicentennial - 150 Years" anniversary edition with no tags.

Billy's donating the plate from the non-op '86 Dodge ... I think it's a Bicentennial 1976 plate from Tennessee.

They'll be in the mail on the way to you shortly.

This is such a cool project! I'd love to get one of the dust pans for the shop -- those cheesy plastic ones are awful.

Just saw this thread, very cool :-D I see someone is already sending a BC plate, not sure if I have anything different than that one but I'll look.

this is what the mopar nation is all about!! Im excited to say that my first post on this forum is to tell you that you have 2 from texas coming, new style. And i have access to as many as he could possibly handle!! I work and dealership and in Texas all plates must be removed when vehicle is traded in, damn toll roads leave alot of scrap steel. Let me know if he needs more!
Cory

Plates on their way! Just mailed them out priority on my lunch break. The Guam plate is in kinda rough condition (1966) but I thought he might like to have it anyway. So in total I sent:

2-Colorado
1-Hawaii
1-Guam

Im going to check the garage tommorrow as I know I have a couple Michigan ones. I know you already have a few but so what!! He will be happy and I would also like one back for my garage and I will gladly compensate him for his time. These would sell like hotcakes at a swap meet or flea market. Greg

my gril freind haas a big box of old plates will check i know there are wa, or an id maybe more wilol check this week end and get back to u

Looks like you have Washington and Texas covered. I found an old Alaska plate in my attic. I'll dig that up, and see if I can find my old Texas Antique plate from my Duster. I'll get those in the mail on Friday.

j

I'll try to get a couple different Idaho plates your way when I get home. I'll try to liberate an Afghanistan plate or two as well while I'm in the neighborhood.

LMAO @ "liberating" a few Afghanistan plates ... be careful what they're attached to Chief!! We want you home in one piece!

-
Back