Please read me !

-
hey

No problem. We can all come back here when we dont have cars and discuss what it used to be like when we were allowed to own them.

You wont loose your car because you didnt talk politics on this board. Thats kinda silly dont you think ?

Our hobby is under attack.
Well thats car related isnt it ? You can talk all you want about it.

Sorry that interfered with some of your American Idol rewind worlds.

Thats ok, I all ready saw the episode.

Threats of suspension? Wow. Next we wont be able to mention ebay.

We have no problem with ebay here, Just the politic threads starting fights every day. Its a lot of moderating that isnt necessary on an AUTOMOTIVE form which is my point. You dont get suspended for posting politics, You get suspended for posting threats and calling people assholes.

conservativesforum.com : for republicans
liberalforum.org/liberalforum/ : for democrats
http://www.politicalbase.com/forums/ : Christian Right
politicsforum.org : for all politics across the globe
www.topix.com/forum/who/ralph-nader : for people who don't like to win (or Cubs fans)

I checked them all out. Great places to talk politics and meet people who share similar beliefs. None of those sites had any mopar threads. I guess they feel that politics belong in a political forum, and mopars belong in a mopar forum. Crazy.

1. I wont lose my car because I didnt talk politics on this board. We will lose them due to apathy of the American voters. The "I dont want to hear about it" crowd.

2. Our "hobby" is being attacked by politicians. Politicians are involved in politics which is affecting our hobby. That was my point. And it wasnt "silly".

3. I am not surprised you saw American Idol. Sorry, the Dixie Chicks didnt win. The fat one ate Randy Jackson.

4. I have never posted a threat or called anyone a name. I read the post you are talking about and I dont know if he was calling you one or not. But I always say, "If the shoe fits, wear it Cinderella" LOL
(I know.My kids hated that too)

I have been called many names. Doesnt bother me in the least.

Maybe you should have a separate Political and Controversail forum for the people who do care about more than going through life like Mr. Magoo-oblivious to the world around him.

Just my opinions. Take em or leave em. You know what they say about opinions...... LOL

There's a problem though.........

Our hobby is under attack by the Lib's who are very close to a takeover of the nation.

How do you talk about it, and leave out "politics"? It's "car crusher" legislation, "emissions" legislation and so on, all sponsored by 'you know who' that threatens us.....and this election will be the clincher.

I just don't see how this election and what's at stake has no bearing.

Sorry........With all respect, I'm trying to be realistic.

I agree with Adam about fighting.......It's just stupid........But if we have to avoid open discussion because a very few hot heads get into immature exchanges, then it seems like punishing the whole class for the actions of a couple of idiots.

You dont get suspended for posting politics, You get suspended for posting threats and calling people assholes.

Sedan said, "Opinions are like A$$HOLES" For a Moderator to assume that means him is BOGUS and to further spread that as fact is dishonest. It's like NBC "News". My political rants can be substantiated however there is no substance to this.

Exactly.

SO.....

To avoid that kind of confusion in the future I will alter the phrase to:

Opinions are like a PROBOSCIS. Everybody has one.

Anyone who thinks I'm calling them that, deserves whatever public ridicule they incure.

Well I sure am glad that this thread (and Adam asking a favor) has not turned into a pissing match...

1. I wont lose my car because I didnt talk politics on this board. We will lose them due to apathy of the American voters. The "I dont want to hear about it" crowd.

Frank, I dont want to hear about it hear. It doesnt mean I dont care or dont want to hear about it at all. Big difference.

2. Our "hobby" is being attacked by politicians. Politicians are involved in politics which is affecting our hobby. That was my point. And it wasnt "silly".

But your not talking about politics directly hurting the hobby. Your just looking for an excuse.

3. I am not surprised you saw American Idol. Sorry, the Dixie Chicks didnt win. The fat one ate Randy Jackson.

You seem to know a lot about American idol.

4. I have never posted a threat or called anyone a name. I read the post you are talking about and I dont know if he was calling you one or not. But I always say, "If the shoe fits, wear it Cinderella" LOL
(I know.My kids hated that too)

I never said you did

I have been called many names. Doesnt bother me in the least.
Doesnt really bother me either, Doesnt mean its right or belongs on the site.

Maybe you should have a separate Political and Controversail forum for the people who do care about more than going through life like Mr. Magoo-oblivious to the world around him.

We are considering it how ever that doesnt change the fact that the Mods, Joey and myself still need to read through it all and keep people civil.

Just my opinions. Take em or leave em. You know what they say about opinions...... LOL

You have the right to your opinion and I respect that. And believe it or not we appreciate it when members share there opinions with us. Thats what makes this a fun place to come to.

Adam- You have certainly impacted the type of site FABO has become, and it is infinitely appreciated by all on here. The fact is, you have created a site in which we all come to hang with our new buds who have something in common. Because of that, we take this site for granted, and air ALL of our thoughts to all these new found friends. All thats missing is someone passing out the beers. I for one, will heed your advice, and NOT talk politics at this time...except for.............

ADAM FOR PRESIDENT!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I know, To think this is exactly what I was trying to avoid.

You know, Ive thought the exact same thing as this thread has added page after page and the views have gone over 1,000 :-D. But you know what? Its not necessarily a bad thing nor does it really surprise me. Id rather see the positive than the negative so to me it just goes to show why the people of this site are the best around. Another testiment to the passion that we have for the things we do and believe in, and at the top of that list is what brought us here in the first place - the love of our Mopar A-bodies!!!

Found this in the archives, seemed appropriate:

Posted by Mikelbeck 4/25/2005
There's no room for political nonsense on this board. You get two people together, especially talking about politics, and there's gonna be a difference of opinion and an argument.

So let's not even get into that area of discussion, leave your politics at the door when you walk into here! Argue about small block vs. big block, Vitamin C vs. Plum Crazy, Crane cams vs. Lunati, but no liberal vs. conservative, Bush vs. Kerry or democrat vs. republican stuff!

Everybody involved, step back, take a deep breath and put yourself into time-out for a minute. If you're all good afterwards you can each have a cookie.

Found this in the archives, seemed appropriate:

Posted by Mikelbeck 4/25/2005
There's no room for political nonsense on this board. You get two people together, especially talking about politics, and there's gonna be a difference of opinion and an argument.

So let's not even get into that area of discussion, leave your politics at the door when you walk into here! Argue about small block vs. big block, Vitamin C vs. Plum Crazy, Crane cams vs. Lunati, but no liberal vs. conservative, Bush vs. Kerry or democrat vs. republican stuff!

Everybody involved, step back, take a deep breath and put yourself into time-out for a minute. If you're all good afterwards you can each have a cookie.

I want a cookie! LOL
Mikelbeck hit the nail right on the head with that one.

Thanks for sharing that.

OK, heres the deal. We have decided to add a Political forum to the board. It will be un moderated for the most part. So in other words if its starts problems between members, Please dont come looking for help. You will need to work things out for yourselves.

I dont really want it here and there are others who rather not have it either but if we dont make a place for it its going to end up in the general section.

I will say if it appear in the wrong area, dont be surprised if it gets tossed in the trash.

I would expect to see it show up tonight or tomorrow.

Hay Adam, How about adding a small block forum to the board while you are at it. LOL come on you know you want to.

What up Dawg? This is actually a very interesting thread. Plus, if we keep replying, it will keep getting bumped up, so Adam can get his point across, and members will learn about the new forum. When the man says "please read me", we do, he just forgot to say "shut up and read me"

Small Block, Big Block.... maybe the political area should be the "Block Head" forum! :cheers:

I'm surprised no one has asked what a proboscis is.

-
Back