Project 440DD

-
Some broken ribs, bruised lungs, extremely mad wife and who knows what else later, the dart is FINALLY out of surgery and standing on its own 4 wheels.

B25CD4AD-DABF-46E6-ABAD-8BE0E319904A.jpeg

3FB2E407-D498-480C-8DED-820948CF722A.jpeg

No one ever said that it wasn't going to be painful...Looking Good!!
No no they didn’t. I took a loaded LCA with tire and brakes the works to the chest last night. Had to end up in the DRs office but it’s now ready for sanding to bare metal and soon primer, filler, sanding, repeat and eventually paint

were the bodily injuries yours?
Yes

was working on the front suspension of the dart. Getting the rack and pinion installed. I’d bolted the front wheels on to the front spindles and they were hanging free. I was moving the spindle to the tierod when some how the spindle came off the the upper ball joint and the full set up swung all the way down at full force, caught me squarely in the chest and knocked me back clear across to the other side. Flat on my back. Tried getting up to catch my breathe and starting vomiting clear fluids, for about 45 minutes. Managed to roll out from under the lift to outside where my mom finally saw me.

P
Yes

was working on the front suspension of the dart. Getting the rack and pinion installed. I’d bolted the front wheels on to the front spindles and they were hanging free. I was moving the spindle to the tierod when some how the spindle came off the the upper ball joint and the full set up swung all the way down at full force, caught me squarely in the chest and knocked me back clear across to the other side. Flat on my back. Tried getting up to catch my breathe and starting vomiting clear fluids, for about 45 minutes. Managed to roll out from under the lift to outside where my mom finally saw me.
Holy **** !!! That effed you up, but it coulda been worse. You were lucky. I normally take my impact and back the tensioners off when doing work like that.

P

Holy **** !!! That effed you up, but it coulda been worse. You were lucky. I normally take my impact and back the tensioners off when doing work like that.
There was no tension on anything, no springs in the car.

So I also concluded that I just simply failed to tighten the castle nut on the drivers side UCA ball joint and that as I was moving the thing back and forth checking the clearances, the nut spun loose on its own and eventually popped off. All the others were tightened with safety pins installed. So I just missed it. Went thru the entire suspension today though and re torqued everything

So I also concluded that I just simply failed to tighten the castle nut on the drivers side UCA ball joint and that as I was moving the thing back and forth checking the clearances, the nut spun loose on its own and eventually popped off. All the others were tightened with safety pins installed. So I just missed it. Went thru the entire suspension today though and re torqued everything
Bad deal you got hurt, but it coulda been worse if it came apart while you were driving

Bad deal you got hurt, but it coulda been worse if it came apart while you were driving
I was planning on multiple checks and double checks of everything anyway. Full custom coil over kit and I wanna make sure I did everything correctly.

American Muscle GTs. Specs are a few pages back if you need those.
Thank you! I scoured your posts and did see the size but for the life of me couldn't find the brand nor read the center caps on those. im digging all the hard work you have completed so far, will be checking in on your progress often! keep it up.

Thank you! I scoured your posts and did see the size but for the life of me couldn't find the brand nor read the center caps on those. im digging all the hard work you have completed so far, will be checking in on your progress often! keep it up.
Thanks. I’m looking at have custom caps made. Or may just run without them. The caps on the front don’t clear the hub centric

Well sadly, a handful of court battles have derailed this project for the last 7-8 months. Probably another mouth or more of delays. Take this as a personal plea, get your wills and last wishes in a very fine line. Don’t just assume having a will is enough. List EVERYTHING no matter how insignificant of a value AND A JUSTIFICATION/explanation to why you did it. Makes it much harder for the greed bs to creep in.

in the meantime, I managed to move the 440 to a climate controlled, off site facility and started final assembly on the 440. Right now, I’m Sacrificing a set of head gaskets to get my push rod length measured while I wait on my still on back order valves and valves spring.

quick toss together to just get a visual to help motivate me

9070E803-6FF2-483A-8C83-5E3A38A67089.jpeg

9A536462-F5BF-46ED-8967-CB00612DC016.jpeg

Painted this up yesterday, pretty happy with how it came out. I think it’ll look nice on there once everything is together.

209AAFB5-8F84-427C-84A9-25FC84CCEA65.jpeg

FINALLY!!! These aren’t stainless, they’re F-ing Unobtainium these days! Intake Valves for the Eddy RPM heads!

3B6DCDA6-CABC-4BD3-96DD-B0A627431FFC.jpeg

-
Back