Project DART VADER

-
Awsome build, I'm hooked....carry-on

also like this hood too. ANOTHER NON MOPAR!!:eek:ops:

1969-Baldwin-Motion-540-Camaro-SuperCoupe-FA-_2-1.jpg

Cool build!

The lines on the cobra r hood I think would go very well with the car.

then i also think this hood has less inward curves and would be straighter to the fender lines???
And the first stepup in the hood would match the outer humps of a factory dart hood as in the same location
yhst-131964867535317_2232_11604784.jpg

Don't worry about being a mopar purist. No need to limit your creative talent.
I like that front stance. It will indeed be killer once you get the rear down to match.
If it weren't so spendy to get the front down like that I'd be doing the same.

then i also think this hood has less inward curves and would be straighter to the fender lines???
And the first stepup in the hood would match the outer humps of a factory dart hood as in the same location
yhst-131964867535317_2232_11604784.jpg

winner-winner ...chicken dinner (for me anyways)

OK...I'm dragging out my x-tra'70-'72 Duster hood on this one

I agree with you guys. The newer Mustang hood with the straighter lines would look a lot better since our darts were pretty much drawn with a straight edge.

This maybe another option. a lil cheaper going the steel way i think. i wouldnt have to bond fiberglass/smc to metal or buy a fiberglass dart hood and a mustang hood. either way it would cost 600-1000 bucks if buying new repops or fiberglass.

71-demon-8.jpg

I've seen that one too - very nice. Must be a custom fabrication?
A bulge hood with trim for the 67 - 69 costs about that much.

Depends on what you plan on doing under the hood. The Mustang hood would allow for more room under the hood.
I like either option.
The design phase is always fun.

Depends on what you plan on doing under the hood. The Mustang hood would allow for more room under the hood.
I like either option.
The design phase is always fun.

any hood i will get will be clearenced to make room for motor. and will be finished to look factory or purpose built.

I'm digging the Demon one! But both will look well on the car. At least the Demon looks more mopar but the Mustang one gives it a little more definition and subtlety. It's all up to you.

I vote for the challenger style hood. It will be great for a functional air intake

What is wrong with that? I will weigh less than steel and never rust. Is the older one glass?

Nothing wrong with that, just good to know prior to buying one to do this transformation. As stated above, the older ones are steel.

this maybe another option. A lil cheaper going the steel way i think. I wouldnt have to bond fiberglass/smc to metal or buy a fiberglass dart hood and a mustang hood. Either way it would cost 600-1000 bucks if buying new repops or fiberglass.

71-demon-8.jpg

anyone know how high this hood is? In inches?

got a hookup from my buddy at NAPA $80 for the rack. got it installed tonight.:glasses7:

pic24.png

pic25.png

pic26.png

looks like from this pic you have a good 1/2 to 3/4 clearance between the pan and the top of the rack.....can you verify

-
Back