Random pictures thread

-
66toyota2000gt.jpg

Well, I found a few spare hours this afternoon and decided to work on the griddle pan.

This is a vintage Wagner ware piece circa 1880-1890. It had been painted as a decorative item at one point is it’s life, so the rust was kept at a minimum. It is a two burner griddle, 8” x 16” cooking area.

It cleaned up well, and here it sits rust-free, oiled and waiting for seasoning. It is in remarkable condition for vintage cast iron piece over 130 years old.

8E7C44EE-6EF4-4225-A1FD-E8FCD785A12F.jpeg

Well, I found a few spare hours this afternoon and decided to work on the griddle pan.

This is a vintage Wagner ware piece circa 1880-1890. It had been painted as a decorative item at one point is it’s life, so the rust was kept at a minimum. It is a two burner griddle, 8” x 16” cooking area.

It cleaned up well, and here it sits rust-free, oiled and waiting for seasoning. It is in remarkable condition for vintage cast iron piece over 130 years old.

View attachment 1716282335

Nicely restored, sir! There's nothing like cast iron in my book. My sweetie has "suggested" that I have a "problem" with cast iron. I disagree - I see the cast iron, I buy the cast iron, no problem! :):):)

Mine are almost all Griswold and Wagner, with a few oddballs and Lodges in the mix. My prize is the dutch oven on the bottom shelf. It was my great-grandmother's and is over 100 years old.

20240729_124615[1].jpg

And how did that mattress appear there? Did you ferry it in with the boat or ??

Enquiring minds want to know...
Lol... it came in on our barge 10 years ago from home. Now relegated to the guest cabin on a new 14" high frame.

Nicely restored, sir! There's nothing like cast iron in my book. My sweetie has "suggested" that I have a "problem" with cast iron. I disagree - I see the cast iron, I buy the cast iron, no problem! :):):)

Mine are almost all Griswold and Wagner, with a few oddballs and Lodges in the mix. My prize is the dutch oven on the bottom shelf. It was my great-grandmother's and is over 100 years old.

View attachment 1716282498
You have a very nice collection indeed!

I only have a couple of Warner’s and the rest are no-name vintage with a few modern ones.

I alway keep an eye out for Griswold but haven’t been lucky enough to score one yet. Maybe one day I will find one to restore myself. I won’t pay the restored prices that they bring. That stuff gets expensive quick!

-
Back