Random pictures thread

-
1722609885482.png

Just looking at that record dinker thing it looks like clothing clip or stud installing tool

IMG_1643.png

IMG_1641.png

IMG_1640.png

IMG_1636.png

I kinda like those 72-76 torino fastbacks.

I kinda like those 72-76 torino fastbacks.
The 72 Gran Torino Sport is one of my favorites. Not many around these days but I had 2 friends who had them back in the 80s. One was a 40k mile one owner car with a 351C and a 2 barrel, really clean car, but he just beat it to death, and the other one was a 'Q' code 351C Cobra Jet 4 barrel but it was a lot rougher condition, eventually totalled by a taxi driver making an illegal turn. Both cars were white with blue buckets/console interiors. I would love to own one of them now. I had several Gran Torinos from 74 to 76 model years, nice cars, but the 72 still has unique one year only grill and just a better look IMHO.
I also had a 68 Fairlane 500, twin to the Torino that I would like to have back.
15865180-1968-ford-fairlane-500-std.jpg

My 68 was identical to this one, except for the hood scoop and traction bars.

Last edited:
I like the 72 "jet intake" grill best, too.

A couple months ago, there was a rash of 72-76 gran torino sports (all 351C) and even a 351C sport ranchero. Not terribly expensive, either and looked to be solid projects. IIRC in the 5K range.

I was severely tempted.

My experiences owning a 71 GT 351C 4v taught me to stick with fixing Mopars for the most part, though.

My first new car ever was a '72 Gran Torino Sport. I walked into the dealership and told the salesman to take out his catalog, and I proceeded to go line-by-line to order every option I wanted. 351C, 4bbl, auto, positrac, AM/FM, rallye wheels, blue paint. Special order arrived about 4 weeks later. Grand total of $4,500 cash on the barrel head. I ran it that way till it was out of warranty ,then replaced the manifold and carburetor with a Edelbrock/Holley combo. That really opened it up and let it breathe.

I got my license in Dad's 72 Gran Torino Squire station wagon. 302, 3-speed on the column, manual steering power front disc brakes and A/C. I think the tester had never seen or it had been so long since he saw a column shifter he passed me. must've missed all my mistakes.

-
Back