Read This - Go Get Gas!

-

MB43

Reaction score
Two stations near my house (Long Island, NY) change their prices at 10 PM every night. Tonight (8/30) their posted price for unleaded regular is $3.29 per gallon!

I was in Jersey this afternoon and paid $2.57 per gallon in my wife's car. I got home and took my car out to fill it up, I got it for $2.79 per gallon.

Go out and fill up your vehicles tonight before the price goes up tomorrow!

I posted in Adam's post about this.
The local station owner showed me what he had to raise the price to tonight. about$0.20 more per gallon
The station owners get yelled at but they don't make squat off the gas, most of it is taxes.And if someone uses a credit card, there's a 4% charge for that so profit is basically nothing. They only make about $0.05 a gal if that.

Gas has gone up 10 cents a gallon here since noon today. Wish I had a few dozen 55gal drums and a place to store them. :angry4:

It's the stock markets that run the price of fuel, not the poor little gas station owner. He probably doesn't see any more profit margin at $3.00 per gallon than he did at $1.00 per. It's not bad enough that you poor folks down South just got hit with one of the worst natural disasters in recent history, but now the stock market investors and major oil companies will use that disaster to suck more money (Profits) from all of us. The price of gas jumped about $0.12 cents per LITRE overnight here North of the 49th parallel also. Oh, and no I don't have ANY ties to any gas stations or oil companies!!
O.K. - I'll pass the soap box along to someone else now. I just had to get rid of the bad taste in my mouth before my second cup of coffee. :)

Sid

Just paid $3.05 for premium a whopping 91 octane here in San Diego.
Pretty soon regular pump gas will cost as much as C-16 race gas.
I'm thinking about selling race gas when I get out to Minnesota.

Here's what I just found out.
Stopped at the station around 4:30 pm and the price was $2.99 gal 87oct.
Between last night at 10:00 pm and 4:30pm today price went up $0.14
This was after the $0.18 increase last night at 10:00.
He also informed me that it would be going up another $0.25 very soon.
What can we do ?
The gas station owner was told Don't worry about it, they'll get use to it.

Stop complaining guys,in montreal Canada its a $1.30-$1.50 a litre,and its 4.5 litres to a gallon imperial,do the math,5.85-6.75 a imperial gallon,I will gladly take your price any day,Mrmopartech

And How much an hour does a non-college grad make in American money?
Is you health care taken care of for you or do you have to pay for health insurance, that actually doesn't cover all the bills?
Does you school taxes go up 10% a year?
Land taxes go up at the same rate, While my last raise at my good job was 1%

Mrmopartech said:
Stop complaining guys,in montreal Canada its a $1.30-$1.50 a litre,and its 4.5 litres to a gallon imperial,do the math,5.85-6.75 a imperial gallon,I will gladly take your price any day,Mrmopartech

I'm Canadian and feel Mopar71 is correct for his statement...Taking into account their cost of living..hourly wages etc and the "reasons" for increases gives the right to complain. I ***** about fuel prices as well, but only within my own area. I think talking about gas prices make good topics to see how our membered friends are doing. Just becouse Sweeden is one of the highest in the world doesnt mean I'm never going to ***** until we pass them?? Each to their own..What do ya think???? :-#

pic4.JPG

Don't take me the wrong way people. I don't want to offend anybody.You guys are all my Brothers here. I've been on this tangent for a few days now.
I think we are all getting it stuck to us.
I think the problem is that a while ago we found it cheaper to buy foriegn oil and we became to dependant on others.
Instead of our government forgiving debets and giving money to other countries, They should have been investing in our country.Instead of dumping it into others.
If the government had built refineries and oil wells and having the oil companies run them and do the research It would have been a win win for everybody.
It would have put the money back into our pockets.

All I see hapening now is the prices of esentials going up, following the fuel prices. This is going to put a big hurting on us, not just at the pumps, but everywhere.

yes....next is shipping costs, airfares, and postage.....

the sad thing is, like mopower said, is "they'll get used to it"

americans are too fat and lazy to do anything but ***** about it. i guarantee the gas stations will get the same business....they may slow a hair in the next few days, since everyone is filling up today, but what are people going to do when they run their tanks empty?
they DAMN sure aren't going to get out of their cozy little worlds they call their cars....they'll just pay the higher prices and sit around and ***** about how they're having to pay so much for gas.

i have 2 feet and a bike if need be. i am not afraid of the 10 mile trip to work.

people puiss me off driving anyway....seems almost everyone is stuck in their little carcoons, oblivious to the world around them. people get in their cars and veg out for the duration of their trip, not noticing or caring about anything but their air conditioner, their right of way, and their cell-phones.

ok....i gotta stop

green67cuda said:
yes....next is shipping costs, airfares, and postage.....

the sad thing is, like mopower said, is "they'll get used to it"

americans are too fat and lazy to do anything but ***** about it. i guarantee the gas stations will get the same business....they may slow a hair in the next few days, since everyone is filling up today, but what are people going to do when they run their tanks empty?
they DAMN sure aren't going to get out of their cozy little worlds they call their cars....they'll just pay the higher prices and sit around and ***** about how they're having to pay so much for gas.

i have 2 feet and a bike if need be. i am not afraid of the 10 mile trip to work.

people puiss me off driving anyway....seems almost everyone is stuck in their little carcoons, oblivious to the world around them. people get in their cars and veg out for the duration of their trip, not noticing or caring about anything but their air conditioner, their right of way, and their cell-phones.

ok....i gotta stop
I agree with what you said.
Gets ya pissed off.
People are nuts on the road, I do deliveries with a box truck, an I've never seen so many people running red lights as I have in the past few months.

I also have a bike that I think is getting a little tune up. I won't have to think about joining a gym.
There's a lot of people that should get out of the gym and get out and pedal to work, Heck I could charge them to ride to work.
Mopower71's workout. Great cardio, fresh air, and save on your fuel bill.
3 easy payments of $19.95 Order your copy today.

Been pedaling to work for years now. Some folks think I'm nuts when it gets 25 below! Good for health and great for the gas bill. Gotta save the dough for Cuda parts and Cuda gas!

I would bike to work or take public transportation, but I'm an A/C
mechanic, and I cover 17 buildings, I do get 40 cents a mile, but with these
prices I think I'm losing money. When I drive to the shop in the morning
I don't think there is one vehicle on the rode with 2 people in the car.
You would think some of the bigger companies would start a car pool
deal for there employees. I know out here they did start running
more shuttle buses from the train stations. I filled up a girlfriends car
this afternoon when does a 2000 Buick Regal GS supercharged take
$42.00 worth of premium. That's like filling up a big Suburban with
dual tanks 20 years ago. Pretty soon people are going to start watching
others at gas stations and follow them home. If they don't park in the
garage they'll siphon their gas. I used to be pretty good at that
back in the day. Then again I used to be good at doing a lot of bad things,
but that's when I did'nt know any better.

Well, Drove by the station this morning and now it's $3.19 gal for the Cheap stuff.
That's an increase of $0.52 since Tuesday evening.
WOW
Talk about sticker shock

I saw $3.1 a gallon on my way home from work. I heard gas station in the south will be out of gas by Labor day.

And although I not big on politics I agree with Norm. Although its nice to help people out sometimes you need to put yourself first wich is something this country doesnt seem to do.

I make very little money as I'm sure many on this board are in the same boat. I live in the richest state in the country with very high cost of living. As of next week I will be working 2 jobs. One 6am to 11:30 the other noon to 8.

I cant feed my family with my $450 a week chec anymore. Michelle can only work 32 hrs a week or so because shes pregnant with our second child so she only makes $250 or so. Our rent is about $1000, electric and phone is another $200 a month, Child care cost us about $200 a week. The state will not give us any help. they say we make to much. yet they have no problem taking there $150 a week out my check. I'd like to tell them I cant give them anymore money because they make to much.

It's sad isn't it.
Just talked to a guy that runs the station near here and he said the local terminal is almost out of fuel, And he was told once he runs out that's it

Think about this.....80% of all consumer goods are moved by Tractor Trailer. What do you think will happen to consumer prices with the rise in fuel products?

73roadrunner said:
Think about this.....80% of all consumer goods are moved by Tractor Trailer. What do you think will happen to consumer prices with the rise in fuel products?
I'll be living in a cardboard box.
That's what set me off on Tuesday when I went grocery shopping. I started thinking about how this was going to affect the esentials.

73roadrunner said:

I hear from a reliable source we should stock up on all can, jar and dry goods as the independant truckers are going on strike in a couple of weeks to protest the rising cost of fuel.

onehellofadart said:
I hear from a reliable source we should stock up on all can, jar and dry goods as the independant truckers are going on strike in a couple of weeks to protest the rising cost of fuel.

It's anarachy, I tell ya!

BTW, I've been following a thread on Fark - people are listening to a live feed of police/fire scanners in NOLA. It's pretty much chaos there, go here and read it:

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1647609

/Thread hijacking complete!

-
Back