Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Sorry to hear that. Best advice for healing is listen to the docs and go slow with the rehab. Im glad i got mine done in October. It isn't my first discectomy, I had it at c5-c6 in 2015. But i rested up very well and limited my movement and turning, twisting, bending, lifting to the appropriate level. My surgery Discectomy with fusion on L2-L2 and then Foraminotomy on L5-S1.
So after you was all heald up,did you have any restrictions? I had a discectomy on the L3-L4. Thanks for the info. I can't wait till I can go back out into the shop and work on my Dakota again.

So after you was all heald up,did you have any restrictions? I had a discectomy on the L3-L4. Thanks for the info. I can't wait till I can go back out into the shop and work on my Dakota again.
Everyone is going to be different. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!! If it hurts, then stop. Make sure you knkw things are different, change the way you bend,, change the way you kneel to pick things up etc. Learn the way your "new body" prefers things. I wouldn't say I'm 100% healed up but im healed up enough to go out and enjoy the track while the weather still permits. She goes straight down the track and I've got some help coming out tomorrow to help out as well.

Sweet car! It's perfect!
Far from perfect, alot of mopars out there head of heels better than mine. This is my own spin on things and has alot of me in the build.

Screenshot_20201106-204326_Messages.jpg

Everyone is going to be different. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!! If it hurts, then stop. Make sure you knkw things are different, change the way you bend,, change the way you kneel to pick things up etc. Learn the way your "new body" prefers things. I wouldn't say I'm 100% healed up but im healed up enough to go out and enjoy the track while the weather still permits. She goes straight down the track and I've got some help coming out tomorrow to help out as well.
Oh yes I have learned all over again how to bend with my legs and not my back. Lol I don't think they put enough stitches in my cut, because part of it opened up and got A small infection in it. I have been taking horse pill size antibiotics 4 times a day. Lol but I did get 5 more stitches yesterday. Any way sorry to mess up your post. Best of luck to you at the races. I get to watch my friend race my dakota tomarrow and it shoukd be his first ever 10 second pass down the 1/4 mile. Lol

Oh yes I have learned all over again how to bend with my legs and not my back. Lol I don't think they put enough stitches in my cut, because part of it opened up and got A small infection in it. I have been taking horse pill size antibiotics 4 times a day. Lol but I did get 5 more stitches yesterday. Any way sorry to mess up your post. Best of luck to you at the races. I get to watch my friend race my dakota tomarrow and it shoukd be his first ever 10 second pass down the 1/4 mile. Lol
I ended up having misfire issues, and let off after the 1st to 2nd shift cuz it sputtered and went 6.7 to the 1/8 and 11.6 to the quarter coasting. Illnget the tune worked out and she will be flying. If I can convince the wife I may try to change plugs and go to hertford today.

Misfire? Fuel related or ignition related? Any ideas yet? Blowing out the spark?

Misfire? Fuel related or ignition related? Any ideas yet? Blowing out the spark?
She was sputtering. I didn't see anything wrong with spark yet. But they're the same plugs I had when we dynod it. Stupid mistake on my part if thats the issue. Going to swap plugs and give her a once over before the 14th. Trying to go back to the track with Theo and hopefully make a mich better pass.

She didn't get on the two step like she should have. So I left on motor only. I made about 21 psi at the top of first gear. When I shifted to 2nd it sputtered, I let off and then got back in it for a sec and then coasted.

I'll get the tune worked out and it'll be hell to pay if they're in the other lane.

20201107_223438.jpg

Last edited:
Your log seems weird to me. Although I am not familiar with tuning the terminator efi, am wondering why it’s targeting 14.4 pounds and you’re showing 21 pounds. Is the ecu controlling your boost solenoids? If I target 20 pounds and have a 10 pound spring my ecu adds 10 pounds of co2 to the top of the gate and if I target 5 it bleeds off 5 pounds.

Your log seems weird to me. Although I am not familiar with tuning the terminator efi, am wondering why it’s targeting 14.4 pounds and you’re showing 21 pounds. Is the ecu controlling your boost solenoids? If I target 20 pounds and have a 10 pound spring my ecu adds 10 pounds of co2 to the top of the gate and if I target 5 it bleeds off 5 pounds.
Yes it is. I have the fill and vent mounted on the fender driver side.
I have a 10 psi spring in mine as well. Trying to figure things out a little bit more. Had no issues on the dyno(but we didn't have co2 available for that part). So figuring out the co2 portion now and why its acting so crazy.

I should be fine with the dome sensor where it is. But I need to move it centerline so its equidistant to the wastegates.

If I had one big single turbo I might have had less issues. But here I am with two and needed to work things out. My dome sensor readings on the pass were all over, so im thinking is doubling up and reading both dome pressures on top of each other.

Yes it is. I have the fill and vent mounted on the fender driver side.
I have a 10 psi spring in mine as well. Trying to figure things out a little bit more. Had no issues on the dyno(but we didn't have co2 available for that part). So figuring out the co2 portion now and why its acting so crazy.

I should be fine with the dome sensor where it is. But I need to move it centerline so its equidistant to the wastegates.

If I had one big single turbo I might have had less issues. But here I am with two and needed to work things out. My dome sensor readings on the pass were all over, so im thinking is doubling up and reading both dome pressures on top of each other.
If it were me I would get rid of the co2 for now (turn it off) and get the car to run consistently on the gates with a nice flat boost curve. Then start throwing co2 at it and tune for more boost.

If it were me I would get rid of the co2 for now (turn it off) and get the car to run consistently on the gates with a nice flat boost curve. Then start throwing co2 at it and tune for more boost.
Im going to be doing a shop air test on it today. Was told my pid settings are off and I need to dial them in. That's what was causing the overshoot and oscillation. So im going to do that today and change the plugs.

Good part about pid settings is I can hookup compressor air and test those without running the car and beating on it. Once inhave them dialed in then ill proceed.

Hoping weather holds out for this weekend.

Be very careful with the PID settings, a small change makes a huge difference. At least on my ecu it does.

Well I readjusted them tonight via shop air/compressor air. She was way off before and now she follows the target boost alot better. No more being 7 psi off target.

20201111_182555.jpg

After the track testing this weekend, I was almost ready to give up on the no prep. Nothing went right on any of the 4 passes. Some fuel issues down low when i would leave off the transbrake and it didn't want to get up on the two step.

Sent my global file and dataog off b4 I left the track. Got it back today and uploaded it into the computer and it was night and day happier.
Got up on the two step perfect, left hard and pulled until I had to letoff in 2nd gear due to traction issues on the street. Will only be no prep testing between now and the 5th and ill be at Rockingham Dragway for the Dig or Die no prep. If anyone is in that area and wants to swing by come by and say hi.

Screenshot_20201115-153630_Messenger.jpg

20201115_151922.jpg

Found someone who was there taking starting line pictures. This was still leaving off the motor. But we're working on some things to get it to build boost off the transbrake. Still got a little wrinkle in the tire even off motor only.

FB_IMG_1605489814252.jpg

-
Back