Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Locked in another no prep today. I'll be running in the street car class seeing as I fit the rules for that as well. Will give me some more testing as well for the dig or die race the following weekend

FB_IMG_1610719187312.jpg

Dude, your project is inspirational! I need to get my butt back in gear. Can't wait to see your make some more hits!

Dude, your project is inspirational! I need to get my butt back in gear. Can't wait to see your make some more hits!
Thank you very much. Can't wait to get it back off the scales and have her leaving on about 10-12 psi. Going to be a whole new animal with these new double adjustables. I'll have some videos and pictures up of testing in February and then all the races from March/April.

Last edited:
Was out playing with the 2 step today, finally got her to build 10+psi on the trans brake.

Also got the wife's stock exhaust removed and replaced from the cat back on her 2013 ZL1 Camaro. Will be swapping out the single tips for doubles when we put the longtubes and high-low flow cats in there. Then it's off for a retune to see if it makes more than 563whp.

20210117_143039.jpg

20210117_143445.jpg

20210117_152857.jpg

20210117_153554.jpg

It's finally time to hit the track again. Mamkng preps on the car to do some no prep(regular end of the track) to get some data ready for the Wilkesboro race March 20th.

Makes alot more boost the right way on the 2 step, and the road takes alot more boost off the launch with these new coilovers as per my street hit tonight.

IMG_20210121_213351_686.jpg

Dang, I'm jealous of your weather! We still have an inch of snow on the ground, and none of our tracks open til like April. Good luck this weekend!

Get it in a enclosed area with a heater. I did my hotchkis suspension in that in Illinois b4. Right around this time too actually.

Was one heck of a chilly day today at custom t's no prep testing n tune session. Right off the trailer ended up being my best pass of the day as the hard tire care.

did i miss something or did you have to do your burnout in the water/pimp juice, then reverse and have to launch going through the water/juice again? surely that's not right and as you go through it you'll spin at least a bit? doesn't seem right/safe to me that they got you to do that.
neil.

Had a productive weekend this Saturday. Found out what works in 36 degree temperatures and no prep. First pass off the trailer was the fastest of the day, which was 6.1 in the 1/8. Not water for a burnout so they were all dry.

Have a few tricks we're going to try with the tuneup and chassis adjustments for the next track day. As of now I think that will be Feb 21st or 27th.

Last edited:
Well a few last minute changes are coming. A few chassis adjustments and rescaling after the new coilovers, line lock, and possibly a full spool for the rear end seeing as I was still running Jing Jing srock 3.55 lsd rear.

Swapping out the springs on the front end(going to lighter ones)adding the line lock and currently having a wing fabricated for the back of the old girl. I'll get some pics up when its all completed.

Got the motive gear full spool installed, no more limited slip in the rear end anymore.

Still waiting on the materials for the wing, but those should be here Monday or Tuesday. Then we will get started on that. I didn't like the Ed Quay Design with it stopping at the ends of the trunk.

555-62951.gif

spool.jpg

Here are some progress pictures on the wing.
Initial test fitting.

Will attach to the trunk lid and have disconnects underneath so I can still utilize the trunk. Also having it painted black before it's installed and buttoned up.

received_3306324122805044.jpeg

received_779157719647929.jpeg

received_2120949571375487.jpeg

I’m not sure why but the side plates with the different angled brakes on them bother me. Was there a reason behind that?

hope it works, my stuff will never be fast enough to be any value...... unless we wanted to eat lunch off of it.

hope it works, my stuff will never be fast enough to be any value...... unless we wanted to eat lunch off of it.
After 100mph i feel better having jt back there. Depending on thw races we don't could very well serve as my table between rounds. As well as a parachute prepacking station. Contemplation station if I get buyt kicked. With the 1/8 mile times I'm already running with nkt many passes and not leaving on alot of power those 8 second 1/4s are well within reach.

I’m not sure why but the side plates with the different angled brakes on them bother me. Was there a reason behind that?
The reasoning behind that was to make it match the contour of the car much closer, rather than be like most of the other wings(for other vehicles since I haven't found a full width 75 Swinger wong)and have it stick out excessively.

-
Back