Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
I'm pretty sure Young Dart could give a flying F@#k what the haters think.... He has a bitching beast and he knows it.

I love this build and have enjoyed following the progress, the trial and error, and especially the seeing the solutions to the challenges he encountered. The detailed documentation would be invaluable for someone interested it doing a similar build.

Pat

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Young Dart could give a flying F@#k what the haters think.... He has a bitching beast and he knows it.

I love this build and have enjoyed following the progress, the trial and error, and especially the seeing the solutions to the challenges he encountered. The detailed documentation would be invaluable for someone interested it doing a similar build.

Pat
Thank you all very much for the kind words. I honestly love the car and will continue to keep pushing it and myself. Fiberglass bumpers are currently being made by stinger fiberglass and WI mate very well with the lingenfelter brackets kit I already have in the trailer. I'll be test fitting them first and doing some bracing underneath the rear one to support the struts for the rear wing obviously. But after test fitting I will be having them wrapped in chrome vinyl before I do the final install, as I can't bring myself to change the color of them. Going to be dropping some weight.off this heavy pig anywhere I can. This coming winter she will begin another level of changes im sure once we get settled in Washington and I secured a new job/career.

While the car is awaiting the converter to come back, I decided to do.some maintenance and look it over to see if I could find Amy issues that may have been causing som of the performance issues I've been having. After some noticeable lag, and a pia drip from passenger side turbo oil return line, I decided to pull the turbos to give them a look over. Low and behold I found 2 issues on the passenger side turbo. Apparently on the bottom side hidden away from the eye due to the orientation and the turbo blanket, a huge chunk of the gasket between the turbo and the elbow had completely disappeared. Where it went i dont know. But I rectified that today and they are back together. The gasket for the oil drain also had a missing piece and new gaskets for those are already on the way.
Also found an issue with the passenger side wastegate. There are 3 set screws inside that hold the "valve" in place that opens and closes containing/releasing the exhaust gasses. Fortunatley the 3rd one was still in place and the other two were bouncing around in the lid. That issue has also been resolved and wastegates resealed and tightened down.

Tomorrow I'll be reassembling the hot and cold sides on the turbo system and making a decision/purchase on transmission fluid for when the converter comes back.

20210412_154542.jpg

20210408_154801.jpg

Likely when on the two step and it’s popping and bangin you spit out that gasket. Look for copper.

Likely when on the two step and it’s popping and bangin you spit out that gasket. Look for copper.

That would have been early on, luckily lately im using timing to control boost on the line versus just beating it to death on the two step. Its controlled through a 2D table built into the term x software. Hopefully it all goes back to normal when she comes back together and the new converter goes in. Testing before the no prep on the 24th at Dominion Raceway in Virginia. Somehow I got lucky enough to make the poster for the event, even though I dont feel like I've been fast enough to be there. Maybe its because everyone loves the way she looks and that its usually the only Mopar out there.

173223255_826397041568385_1944372074707573366_n.jpg

Let’s see the front travel limiters .
Love the car bye the way
If you go up you ain't going forward. Lol. Trying to max the travel without lifting the tires on this no prep. Get that separstion out back and keep it planted the whole way is the goal.

Got the converter back from Cameron's yesterday and got it put pack in and the trans bolted back up and driveshaft in. Quite the fun in an enclosed trailer with only you and a Jack that quits working after lifting the trans back up 2 inches. Bench press and leg press was in full effect to get that done. Have to top off fluids today and put the wheels back on and set ride height. Then ill get her fired up tomorrow and do some 2 step testing and make some adjustments from there for this weekends no prep if the weather holds out.

I got my input/output box in the mail from Holley today to. But that probably won't be installed until I get out tonthe west coast. It allows for 8 more inputs and 8 more outputs to my holley terminator x max computer. Which is much needed since it is very easy to use them all on there term x system.

IMG_20210420_200406_321.jpg

received_449559932801991.jpeg

received_448817099750987.jpeg

Last edited:
you need a couple of slide out sections for your trailer sides like camper's/rv's have :thumbsup:
I wish. I plan to add an awning on one side for race day parking. When we get settled on the west coast I'll be going through both the car and the camper. Adding an ac unit/rggging it for power as well as adding better lighting.

Didn't have much time for the dart this weekend but I did get the rear bumper off. Holy hell the weight difference is insane.

I may have missed it, but what's been the best pass the car's had so far?
That I'll share is 6.08 at a no prep in 36 degree temps.
Converter/traction issues have been in the way alot. But when it comes back out either this weekend or next it ought to have those issues resolved.

Got the new brackets an rear bumper fitted up there today and have an idea of some more fine tuning it's going to need before it's got the final fit I'd like. I ordered the Tim Mccamis strut support mounts for this new bumper as well. Definitely will be the support and look I was going for back there. I was scratching my head for a but on that one.

Got the front bumper removed and got a general idea of how the lingenfelter brackets were going to fit on the front of the car. Also propped up the new stinger front bumper as well just to get an idea. Got this all done after work, so I'll have to keep chipping away.

The rear bumper strut support mounts will be here Wednesday as well.

20210426_154354.jpg

Screenshot_20210426-195257_Messenger.jpg

20210426_152659.jpg

20210426_153705.jpg

Got the front mounted. Don't be an idiot like me and mount the brackets to the bumpers in the original cast marking in fiberglass bumpers.

My logic was hey the precast the markings in the bumpers and the brackets fit the outlines. DO NOT DO THAT.

That placement puts them a couple inches off as you can see on passenger side where the bolts are in the correct position and the original factory holes cast into the bumper that I had drilled are obviously hit the correct one. Mount the brackets first then drill the bumper. I'm dumb with bodywork stuff, don't be like me. Now the body shop will have to fix those and smooth the rest our before they get wrapped in chrome vinyl.

Other than that the front bumper and rear bu.per are mounted. I have to adjust the brackets on the rear to come up a little but so everything fits nice. I also fixed the yoke at the rear end where I had nicked it putting the driveshaft back in. But thats good to go now. Few more things to touch up and tighten up in hopes of making some passes this weekend and then the next no prepnis the 15th down at Darlington.

20210502_161200.jpg

Got the front mounted. Don't be an idiot like me and mount the brackets to the bumpers in the original cast marking in fiberglass bumpers.

My logic was hey the precast the markings in the bumpers and the brackets fit the outlines. DO NOT DO THAT.

That placement puts them a couple inches off as you can see on passenger side where the bolts are in the correct position and the original factory holes cast into the bumper that I had drilled are obviously hit the correct one. Mount the brackets first then drill the bumper. I'm dumb with bodywork stuff, don't be like me. Now the body shop will have to fix those and smooth the rest our before they get wrapped in chrome vinyl.

Other than that the front bumper and rear bu.per are mounted. I have to adjust the brackets on the rear to come up a little but so everything fits nice. I also fixed the yoke at the rear end where I had nicked it putting the driveshaft back in. But thats good to go now. Few more things to touch up and tighten up in hopes of making some passes this weekend and then the next no prepnis the 15th down at Darlington.

View attachment 1715732383
You're not the first one that has done something like that, live and learn. She's looking pretty damn good, looking forward to seeing the times you run.
:thumbsup:

Back up and running now. Lord it takes longer to do body panels than anything else. But man do I love how it looks having the front bumper tucked back and not l having that filler panel in the front.

Still have some tweaking to do on driver side to get it to match the passenger side. But I love it, and the new urethane front spoiler over the plastic ones I had before.

I think im done no prepping. Seeing as I move out west in a little over 30 days. I'm going to try and hit VMP before I leave and hopefully get to make a full 1/4 mile pass for the first time under power.

20210515_181901.jpg

20210515_181908.jpg

20210515_181917.jpg

20210515_181925.jpg

20210515_181935.jpg

20210515_181942.jpg

Been busy on the trailer as of late. Trying to situate everything for the drive out west to Gold Bar, Washington in June. Adding new tie downs up front soni can fit two cars in there and secure them properly. Mount the spare tire on the wall up and out of the way.

But I do plan on trying to hit the track at vmp this coming friday to finally make a 1/4 mile pass or two before she's packed away. No more no preps before I leave.

Well with the track day being rained out last weekend and 5 days of rain starting tomorrow, I decided to go ahead an cancel any attempts at racing before we move out west.

Got the trailer emptied out and put both cars away until we get to the west coast. We will be leaving Virginia and heading all the way over to Gold Bar, Washington to our new home that we close on June 30th.

Will be looking to hit the events at Pacific Raceway in August and October after we get settled. Luckilyninhave room to work on my car now though with a new to me 3 car garage.

I look forward to meeting any new people who are out in that neck of the woods.

IMG_20210526_094516_602.jpg

Screenshot_20210520-083157_Zillow.jpg

Screenshot_20210520-074736_Messenger.jpg

20210601_165540.jpg

20210601_171544.jpg

20210601_171620.jpg

20210601_172152.jpg

-
Back