Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Pretty stout number! What RPM was that pull to/what size are the turbos? Seem like it was just starting to come alive and then was shut down.
That was at 6400. Still had another 1500 rpm to go. But couldn't get anymore boost out of it. The pull before that was 798. So I told him if it wasn't looking any different. No need to stay in it

Once i get the dome pressure under control the other 10-15 psi will come in and i probably won't release those final numbers. Lol.

They are twin 6973's. T4 frame. Spec'd for 12-1500 at 30-35 psi.

Even in the rain I got the dzus installed on the sides of the hood. The pushloc pins were too kuch of a pain to get to unlock and made getting the hood on and off a pain. Thats why i switched the sides. The front two will stay pushloc though.

Weather hasn't played along since the dyno, and it was raining that night too. As soon as the weather clears up for more rhen an hour ill have some out and about videos. Once we get a clear Friday night I'll have some test n tune from the track as well.

20200816_180734.jpg

Last edited:
I've made another bold move. With everything going on with the car and wanting my shift points to be easier to see and more real-time info, I decided to sell my gauge cluster and buy the holley pro 6.86 dash.

It not only does all those things I wanted but also has more inputs and outputs that I can definitely use.

Got the oil changed on it today after the dyno put a beating on it. Put in some Driven L30 and mobile one filter. Made some progress on the dzus fasteners as well. First time doing them and getting the spring just right is proving to be time consuming.

edited-dash-for-flyer19268.png

Still going on these dzus fastners. All but two are done now.

Got news holley doesn't have any if the dash in stock. So might be switching to summit. Can't wait till the 3rd for it to ship.

20200819_182244.jpg

Also having an issue with the trans brake. When it's engaged it's bogging the car down to the point that is stalls. Does it on first and reverse. Checking line pressure today, I filled the trans prior to dtno so I dont think fluid level would be an issue.

The trans brake manufacturer, Coan, advised me.to check line pressure and if thats good take readings across the solenoid. Which ahould be 6-8 amps. Which is what im betting on being the issue. So we qill get that figured put and tested this weekend seeing as I have to wait on my dash anyway.

Wow came a long ways been watching. Last time I commented you had decided to change things up. Now we're all wondering what's next! Great work I'm sure we'll see great numbers soon at the track.

Wow came a long ways been watching. Last time I commented you had decided to change things up. Now we're all wondering what's next! Great work I'm sure we'll see great numbers soon at the track.
When's the trip to the track?!
I found the issue with my transbrake. It wasnt even the tbrake. It was the relay I had installed to send the 2 step/launch control trigger to the ecu. It was retarding the timing for launch and causing the csr to bog down. So i have to go back into the ecm and change it to the correct settings.

All goes well ill be making the first couple test hits at hertford this coming Friday night.

Got my holley efi dash in the mail today. Just have to decide on whether I want to to flush mount it to a stock 75 swinger user and wrap it like i did the old one or go with a steering column mount.

20200825_100340.jpg

M
How much have you spent so far?
Most expensive part was the chassis work. Idk if he'd like me sharing the deal he gave me on that. But I can divulge motor/trans, rear end work, chassis parts themselves and wiring/electronics.

Last edited:
Just kinda curious on a overall figure, like a lot of builds it looks like it morphed into a high caliber build! Lots of nice work for sure.

Just kinda curious on a overall figure, like a lot of builds it looks like it morphed into a high caliber build! Lots of nice work for sure.
It definitely morphed from bare bones budget twin turbo swap, which I have the number's for that too.

Definitely much further over the hill now.

Finally got the dzus done on the hood. Looks much better and much easier to get on and off the car. Lesson officially learned.

New stock cluster will be here this weekend and then ill be putting the new one together with the holley pro.

Anniversary weekend so no race track tomorrow night. Sorry guys. Hopefully next Friday.

IMG_20200826_202208_599.jpg

Got my used dash in the mail and got straight to work on making my setup for the holley pro.dash 6.86. Almost like it was made for it.

20200828_145558.jpg

20200828_162259.jpg

20200829_110052.jpg

20200828_181020.jpg

Got her out for a little driving down the road and a few pics thats arent located in my driveway. Stand by for photo bomb.

Absolutely love how she looks and how she's running so far. Even did a small burnout for my daughter who's been waiting since last December.

Ps. Those arent my crooked burnout marks.

20200829_181951.jpg

20200829_182016.jpg

20200829_182040.jpg

20200829_182054.jpg

20200829_182100.jpg

20200829_182108.jpg

20200829_183137.jpg

20200829_183143.jpg

20200829_183223.jpg

20200829_181930.jpg

Got the new(to me) bump box in the mail. I know this one works. Came off my buddies car 4.80 1/8 mile car. Going to get this in and wired up. Then put my dome control setup back in and verify it works. Fingers crossed the weather holds for Friday night.

Bump box wired up and fuel gauge wire run. Gauge will be here tomorrow for dash to be complete. Then ill be hooking up the co2 pieces and testing the dome control.

Then I get to educate myself on timing and launch control. Maybe some launches this weekend.

Finally got the holley fuel gauge in the mail and also mounted and hooked up my new headlight switch. Dash is finally done.

Also finally got a hellnof a deal on a new 2020 2500 HD. Finally joined the diesel club and I love it so far. I can finally overtruck my trailer instead of overtrailering my truck.

20200911_185313.jpg

20200910_142801.jpg

-
Back