Red Headed Stepchild-75 Swinger LSX Swap

-
Well today was productive as well. Touched up a few spots of paint on the top/front bar of the cage up near the rear view mirror. Missed it before because I didn't have a small enough brush.
Got the wiring done for the trans cooler fan.

Pulled the fuel pressure regualtor off. Tightened up the hose ends and painted that short part of the cage there that I couldn't get to with it hardmlunted before.

Pulled the ignition wire connection back through the firewall and reconnected inside the car versus going through the ancient bulkhead connector on the firewall. Tapped it into the fuel pump controller wire as well. Seam sealed under the flooor pan and got it tightened up. Noticed 2 small gaps i missed around the cage bars as they pass through the firewall. So I filled those up for good now.

Marked the two holes that need to be drilled for the coolant hoses in the rewr trunk as well so tomorrow I can make quick work connecting the two hoses to the ice box and pump.

My two 4an hose ends should be here tomorrow to wrap up the oil feed lines for the turbos. Then its time to double check all the fuel likes from the fuel filter back and add some gasoline and connect the battery snd she ought to fire up. Fingers crossed.

Still have to do the finish wrap/sleecing on the wiring and securing it, and the a2w tubing underneath. No the zipties arent the end all for keeping the hoses secure and off sharp or hot parts. But you guys will get pictures of all that once its completed wont be doing that till the mounting bracket gets here for the a2w pump.
Have to attach the chassis glrind for the lump controller and a2w pumo once its done being mounted as well. Butnyounget the idea.
20200611_000234.jpg

20200611_000248.jpg

20200611_000417.jpg

Finally got hoses all plumbed for the a2w setup, plumbed through the trunk floor into the ice box too. Just have to fill it with water bow and mount the clamp for the pump when it gets here. But the hoses are connected to the pump and its situated in place where itll be mounted.

Went front to back and tightened up all my fuel lines. Finished making my 2 oil feed lines and tightened them up today. Made my vent/rollover valve line as well, just have to route it through the trunk grommet and mount the valve.

Fingers crossed maybe tomorrow or Saturday ill add some gas and hook the battery back up. Throw a startup tune on it and see if we can't make some noise. Still have to fill the diff too before I move it around. Whew, almost forgot, good thing i wrote it down on the list that was on the car.

20200611_142742.jpg

20200611_142944.jpg

20200611_185326.jpg

20200611_185332.jpg

20200611_185343.jpg

20200611_185353.jpg

20200611_185446.jpg

20200611_185500.jpg

don't forget to pack your chute.
:)
Don't need that just yet. Still waiting on thw C02 boost control kit. Then I have to do some short street drives and put a wrench on all the nuts and bolts to make aure nothing came loose. Then a dyno tuning session to get all the bugs worked out and make sure she is running like a top before we go beat on it.

But don't worry Denny. I'll make sure its packed for August's Street Car Takeover in Maryland and September's in Charlotte.

I was just B.S.ing ya'....I always like tunning in to see whats new with your ride. Gonna be a handful.

No startup vid today.
Took care of the trans cooler relay and thats done.

The bracket for mounting the a2w cooler came in and that's mounted now. A2w lines and ice box are filled with water.

Ran the vent line through the trunk floor to the vent valve.
Tomorrow will be filling up with fuel and trying to start her up.

Last edited:
Nothing crazy today. Went and saw our new puppy that we're picking up at the end of the month.

But I did get some gas in her, mocked up the chute handle and cable and got my harness fitted to my seat.

20200613_190510.jpg

20200613_201711.jpg

No vid, but can we at least get a picture of the puppy for now? Haha
Here ya go.

Hopefully a firing it up video tomorrow. Have to replace the shocks on a new age challenger in the morning and then pickup a 1/16 npt nipple for my fuel pressure regualtor and then hookup power and make magic happen.

20200613_151629.jpg

Here ya go.

Hopefully a firing it up video tomorrow. Have to replace the shocks on a new age challenger in the morning and then pickup a 1/16 npt nipple for my fuel pressure regualtor and then hookup power and make magic happen.

View attachment 1715545431

Very cool! Glad to see you're getting a working dog.

You planning to train the pup for anything in particular or will it be more of a family dog?

In for startup vids...

Very cool! Glad to see you're getting a working dog.

You planning to train the pup for anything in particular or will it be more of a family dog?

In for startup vids...
He will be going through some training to help him be a better family dog and protector too. Pick him up for good at the end of the month.

Well I tried getting you guys a new startup video yesterday but my 2 yr old restore battery thats been sitting the last 2.5 months decided it didn't want to play along. It was only holding 6.5v and my trickle charger didn't help so into ok it to advance and had them throw it on their charger overnight and see what happens today. If it died alreadybilk have a new battery snd should have everyone a startup video today.

Will be at least another week or so guys. Found some oring and internal wiring issues with the fuel pump. So I mailed it back to Aeromltive today to be overhauled.

On the positive side my CO2 kit from Carter motorsports shipped out today. So I should have that in time for the weekend and install/plumbing.

Got my c02 kit in the mail and got started on figuring out placement of the bottle with the cage mount. Decided on this placement because I can reach in and open it up in the pits before I make a pass and it is clocked in a way where its not a clearance issue for the regulator on the side. Going towards the window. Should be done being plumbed today, or this weekend at a minimum.

Didn't get much done yesterday afterwork because we went to go get our new best good friend. Little Zeud is a little over 13lbs.

20200618_202654.jpg

20200619_193242.jpg

20200619_220321.jpg

20200619_201331.jpg

Nothing too crazy going on. The fuel pump got delivered to Aeromotive on Friday. They didn't call me today so hopefully they get to it tomorrow.

Our boy Zeus has been living it up with the kids.

But I did get the 2 holley boost control solenoids mounted and wired up properly to the temrinaror x max outputs.

Still waiting on the holley trans brake protector to come in tomorrow. Apparently there is a known issue of the 12v trans brake back feeding into the computer and frying it so I ordered the protector just to make sure that doesn't happen when I release the trans brake.

Other then that I remounted the horns in the new spot, reconnected the right front turn signal, and routed the 12v switched power wires and sensor ground wires through the firewall and got them ready to go flr tomorrow.

20200622_180755.jpg

20200622_150254.jpg

20200622_150351.jpg

Well i have been getting more done despite the wait. The vent line and rollover valve are mounted now, I finished wiring up the trans brake(minus the 3 wires from the holley protector that will be here tomorrow).

Had to swap the input wires around on the holley setup because one was frequency(trans temp sensor) and one was 12v hot input(trans brake input to trigger the 2 step and launch control). But i have it right now.

Finished tightening up the passenger seat and its good to go now. Adjusted the front and moved it up a little bit. Felt like it was too low before, and give better clearance on the dowpipe/tires.

Fuel pump shipped out today from aeromotive, so with any luck it'll be here by Saturday in time to install this weekend. Then maybe we can fire it up and drive it around this weekend as well.

Oh and here are some outsidey pics I took today as well.

20200624_151057.jpg

20200624_151026.jpg

20200624_151040.jpg

20200624_151044.jpg

20200624_151120.jpg

20200624_151156.jpg

lifting the front that little bit has imo made quite a difference. the stance is now spot on, it looks great :thumbsup:
neil.
I think so too. These aren't foxbodies where you can tuck a 28" tall tire out back on just a mini tub.

Mopar has a completely different street car stance than most other classics from what I've seen. I like it and so does my back/floor jack. 26" from the ground to the top/center of the front fenderwells on each side.

Got the chute handle mount permanently mounted and got the trans brake protection module qired up as well. So the entire trans brake, bump box, and 2step(launch control) wiring is 100% complete. Bump box controller hidden in the center console of course.

Tada she runs again!!!! She was hungry for fuel, so I had to add quite a bit of fuel at idle to get the AFR's down to where they needed to be. But she's much happier now.

No leaks anywhere, which is a huge plus, and all the new electronics are functioning properly.

20200629_182912.jpg

20200629_182652.jpg

20200629_182827.jpg

20200629_182836.jpg

are you leaving the blue 'carbon fibre' valve covers now or do you still plan to change to black?
Blue ones are staying on there until I have no other issues. They work, they look good. Dress up and non performance enhancing parts are on the back burner till I run consistently quick.

Got my new street tires ordered yesterday. A set of 275/60/15 Mickey Thompson Et Street Radial Pro's.

Also ordered hopefully my final pair of injectors. 225lb/2500cc injectors from HPI.

Looking forward to some fireworks when these come in.

Screenshot_20200701-182732_Chrome.jpg

ls3pic_1024x1024.jpg

-
Back