reworking a fully restored car

-
You know it always kills me when I hear about things like this. Guys out there charging that amount & doing that kind of work. Hell for that kind of money I could of done a full blown restoration. I have done floors, quarters, valances, frames ect. It takes a lot of balls to do that kind of work no mater what was charged. I think I would be buying a base ball bat lol :violent1:

I know we've had differences in the past, but it really hurts me to see this. Makes me wish I was closer. I would come do all I could to help you. Good luck with it.

Look guys this isn't a pity party , believe me I have cost this aclown a ton of money showing people his workmanship , I still get calls and emails asking if I would recommend him most listen when I tell them NFW some don't and they end up telling me they wished they had afterwards .I have a great Mopar mechanic who is also a FABO guy working with me on this and we will get it fixed right along with the rest of the remaining things he screwed up that I haven't already corrected , this thread is documentation of his work so when I openly call him a scammer and a thief like I did on another Forum there is proof of what i am saying , In this country you can only sue for Liable and Slander if the statements made about you are false which as everyone can see my statements are not .

PS to those that think a customer is to blame even partially for being ripped off well thats the kind of BS that keeps scammers in business .

wow! I do my own work, good, bad, mediocre, great, whatever, its all on me.
decades ago I had couple of guys that did my paint/body.. I spelled out exactly how I wanted it, bought all the parts, paint and materials, I paid them labor and looked at their work every week EVEN though I would trust them with my life!!!! just business///
I see people on here that send cars off to the resto shop that I would never think of such without blasting it to see what if anything would even be left!???? maybe then when some unscrouplous shop decides they found mr. money bags!// its not right, but s*** happens???

I hate to see people get screwed, but.... 50 grand to do a 318 car??????

This was sad to read. Sorry you got hosed, hope you get it all squared away soon and back on the road !

Statute of limitations in the states starts at the moment you realize you have been wronged. I would contact an attorney and the shop. No way they would keep that money, 6 years later or not. Good luck.

Look guys this isn't a pity party , believe me I have cost this aclown a ton of money showing people his workmanship , I still get calls and emails asking if I would recommend him most listen when I tell them NFW some don't and they end up telling me they wished they had afterwards .I have a great Mopar mechanic who is also a FABO guy working with me on this and we will get it fixed right along with the rest of the remaining things he screwed up that I haven't already corrected , this thread is documentation of his work so when I openly call him a scammer and a thief like I did on another Forum there is proof of what i am saying , In this country you can only sue for Liable and Slander if the statements made about you are false which as everyone can see my statements are not .

PS to those that think a customer is to blame even partially for being ripped off well thats the kind of BS that keeps scammers in business .

I wasn't trying to throw any pity your way. More like an olive branch. My apologies. Just forget I ever did it.

I wasn't trying to throw any pity your way. More like an olive branch. My apologies. Just forget I ever did it.

That wasn't directed at you ,I took your statements in the manner you gave them it was a general statement that this thread wasn't started for people to say sorry . This thread was started to shine the light on this persons operation . Suggestions and advice on correcting the BS is greatly appreciated as are all the parts offers I am receiving , being told I should have done this or that is a waste of time and amounts to making excuse's for the unexcusable actions of another . Those that say they can't trust their friends need to get different friends . "We are judged by the quality of the people we surround ourselves with".

PS to those that think a customer is to blame even partially for being ripped off well thats the kind of BS that keeps scammers in business .[/QUOTE]

If anyone does blame you Chris, that's the same person that would blame someone for getting raped, no matter how you look at it, it"s not the victims fault.

The frame rail sections I have been waiting for arrived today so there will be more pics coming after a flurry of activity , after the frame repair is done I'll have to wait for the trunk floor extensions to arrive , they were out of stock at AMD but are supposed to be back in stock before the end of march and on there way to Canada by then . Once the back quarter of the car is back together ,new and solid I'll be moving forward to a portion of the rear passenger floor under the package area and it looks like probably a pair of inner wheelhouses , still hoping I can stop cutting and replacing before I get to the front bumper .

PS Big thanks to Crackedback for supplying the frame rail sections I need , after 10 minutes of media blasting some very light surface rust they will be like new , anybody that speaks ill of California doesn't know what a great place for car parts it is .

Here"s the latest pics , first 3 are a series of whats under the shyte ? while scraping some seam putty off where the front edge of the trunk floor is going to lap my screwdriver went through the floor near the passenger side inner wheel house making me think here we go with the next section of full floor replacement but it turns out there is good metal surrounding the hole so a patch will be doable , gotta love how they did a layer of Kitty hair then some sort of blue membrane then another layer of kitty hair .

Attachments

• whats under this shyte.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 309
  • it gows.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 327
  • moe patch.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 314
Cracked back saves the day . If you look close in the second pic you can read the parts numbers on the frame rail pieces try finding used steel pieces that clean here in Canada eh ! A liitle hammering on the flanges and some cutting to size and these babies will be welded in .

Attachments

• ob escue.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 318
  • look close.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 332
Glad those rails will work for you. :)

That section of the rear up and over pan always rots if you have a leaky window. I may have a section of that as well. I had to replace mine on the Orange Bomb, and killed a couple of those panels in the process.

Thanks man but the panel is solid and so is the floor around the hole , in fact if you look real close you can see the original green paint peeking out from under the shyte on both sides of the hole and it continues around the end of the hole and up to the panel I think you are talking about, I believe AMD calls it the "Shock Mount Panel"either way it's all good except for that hole and of course the free formed kitty hair parts of the inner wheel house's that will be on the next round of rework after I get this back third solid and new again .

Man that sucks. I never trusted anybody to work on my vehicles. That bring said, at least now its going to get done right. Not to play monday morning quarterback but you probably should have initally done it all yourself like your doing now. At least you will know how well its done, and take more time making sure its done right, and would have saved you a lot of cash and headaches. Dont forget to use 3M weld thru ll primer wherever you will be welding anything together.

I will be following the rebuild. Looks like your doing a good job on it so far.

Matt

This wouldn't be that same BC guy I've heard of. That sells cars out a weed filled chain link fence lot. Takes a bunch of pictures at "really good" angles. Tells guys online that the car is mint. Runs great. Etc. Then when he's got the money, he sends the car and it turns out it's a bondo bucket that runs like ****? Moves lots every couple years or so? Sells without the license too?

No this is a different douche bag . I am getting a lot of help with this so I am sure it will be right when it is done , I don't weld but am buying a spot welder for the body panels and a great fellow FABO guy is taking care if the tig welding on the frame and the patch for me . Question for all you welders out there what effect does changing the copper tongs on a spot welder have on the unit ? I want to trade the 6 inch ones that come with the 110 volt unit to a pair of 18 inch ones from Miller , will this affect the thickness the unit can weld or just the duty cycle or will the increased copper overload the unit all together ?

now i know for a fact that it was PETER WILLIE that did the work, i used to work for him out at victoria automatic. complete piece of ****. i hope he gets whats coming to him.
i sold him my 68 cuda when i was 17, after having him build me a 727 and then it **** the bed 300km later and i couldnt aford to fix it. he gave me 1000 bucks

Yeah it is pretty obvious who we are talking about and the stories of the crap this person has pulled keep piling up . I have a thread on Drache's old Canadian Mopar calling him out by name and he pretends he doesn't know who I am . When the work is completely redone and the list of all the things he charged me to do that had to be redone including one of his 727 transmissions {mine lasted about 2500 miles } is all totalled up I will publish it as a whole under his name with all the pictures so there will be no he said she said or excuses on his part , just a complete picture of what kind of person he really is .

This guy had his frame fixed a a shop for state inspection and it passed.

Came to my son when the front upper fell off. Replaced the complete unitize front. He didn't have much money and needed the car. $800.00 and my son supplied the front.

He is still thinks the price was to high because Steve did it on a week end. Two days for $800 is a rip off he said. No one makes 400 a day in his mind. And that was with floors and paint. Other members that come here can verify.

Now he wants the quarters from the Demon shell that Steve is removing put on his car. I'll flatten them out with the loader first

Attachments

• DSCF2740.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCF2738.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCF2733.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCF2728.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCF2730.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF2722[2].jpg