Ripped by Ricbrann

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont like hearing about this anymore then the next guy does. But make sure you leave approporate feed back. It sucks when this stuff happens.

You aren't the only one Avispa!
I maybe going through the same thing here, only slightly different.
I sent some parts to a member for free including the shipping, in good faith, and he says that he didn't get it all in the one box i sent them in. I don't believe him unless he can prove that the box was tampered with.
Geez, all i wanted was the shipping back! I'm not rich ether, or i would have sent them for free including shipping.
He called me a scammer in my p.m.'s what the hell is with that?
We're talking $20.00 here for maybe $80.00 worth of parts.
But it's the principle.
He's got one more chance to send me a pic of the parts and the box, or i'll start my own thread on this.
No good deed goes unpunished i guess.
Tom.

How about, what goes around comes around.

Being a good guy doesn't always pay off, but just because you get burned once or twice, (or more) doesn't mean you should stop being who you are.

Question: How can you be a scammer if all you want is your shipping charge........ Unless.....YOU OWN THE SHIPPING COMPANY! L O L:-D

Being a good guy doesn't always pay off, but just because you get burned once or twice, (or more) doesn't mean you should stop being who you are.

Question: How can you be a scammer if all you want is your shipping charge........ Unless.....YOU OWN THE SHIPPING COMPANY! L O L:-D

Exactly, almost all the time it's the honest dude that get's ripped because you he doesn't have the same mentality as a dishonest person. in other words, to trusting

LOL, that's what i said to him!
Either way, i'm not the scammer, he is.
Sucks to be him.
I have bought a few parts on here and have always had good success until now.
I will work on a C.O.D. system from now on i guess.
Oh well, there's got to be one in the crowd (or two).

Sorry to hear this.I bought a part from Avispa awhile back and thought it was good deal.Part was exactly as described when i got it .Sold and bought a few parts from other members in the short time i have been on here and had no troubles yet.Hate to see someone honest get screwed outta $$...

LOL, that's what i said to him!
Either way, i'm not the scammer, he is.
Sucks to be him.
I have bought a few parts on here and have always had good success until now.
I will work on a C.O.D. system from now on i guess.
Oh well, there's got to be one in the crowd (or two).

I've been lucky too, everyone I've dealt with on FABO has been great.

I can see it now:

BEWARE of DARTNUT
Attention everyone, Dartnut sent me some free parts & had the nerve to ask for shipping.

What a MAROON

Please tell us who this idiot is so we can all laugh at him.

Geez,I guess Im lucky. No one has burned me yet. It has come close to it but I have always gone with my guts when in doubt about someone.

Why not post all his personal info up,like his ph# addy etc? Public pressure/harrassment might set him straight,the bum.

Hey avispa I bought the other 2 wheels from this guy. I did get the wheels but they were not like what he said. The ad said they were bead blasted and painted. When I pulled the wheels out of the box (after waiting 3 weeks) they were coated in surface rust. I didn't even bother writing this guy about it. I was just glad the wheels came and were usable. I would not buy from this guy again.

Maybe the administrators could put into the rules of classifieds that if there is a verifiable claim of being ripped off from someone who is posting parts for sale and is taking the money and running that that person's FABO membership would be suspended until the issues between buyer and seller are resolved to each party's satisfaction. If the seller commits three violations in a say 1 year period then it would result in being banned for good. Just an idea.

Hey avispa I bought the other 2 wheels from this guy. I did get the wheels but they were not like what he said. The ad said they were bead blasted and painted. When I pulled the wheels out of the box (after waiting 3 weeks) they were coated in surface rust. I didn't even bother writing this guy about it. I was just glad the wheels came and were usable. I would not buy from this guy again.

I feel Ya, at least ya got something! luckier than me !

Hate to do this, but looks like a member here ripped me, Ricbrann, bought two ralley wheels months ago, when I finally contacted him, he said he didn't have any ralleys for sale, i sent him the info in the Paypal payment, said he would get back to me, haven't heard a thing in a month, PM'ed Him, no answer. beware

Not sure if this is where I should post. I figured this is as good a place as any to start.

Wel you're not the first to fall to RicBrann. I bought some 302 casting heads from him and found them to be cracked through the valve seats, typical problem for these heads. Contacted him and he said they were checked out before he shipped them to me but no way. He prety much said oh welland that was it. BEWARE.

Or just close out everything he has for sale and wait till he takes care of his customer.
we don't need another member getting burned on this site or the others he is at, yep he is in other sites as well as here.

I wish he knew what is best but looks like he is going to see a postal service personnel and deputy... 4 day .. get this dun ..

................We certainly dont need this crap.........he has enough time to man up..........I say delete his 4 sale adds till the tells his side and the mods are satisfied....................kim..............

Hey guys. I've read this thread about this issue and i'm in agreement with a lot thats been said here along with the many ideas of solutions. I'll post over on the mods forum and see what the other mods say about this matter. There's been plenty of time for the perpetrator to fess up or even explain his side of this issue. This needs some attention. I'll get back to ya.
Small Block

Sorry to hear you got ripped Avispa but thank you for pointing it out. Hopefully that'll save somebody else from getting ripped by this scammer. Good luck getting things resolved.

I PM'd the guy and am guiding him to this post. As of now, he's clueless.
Hide and watch. Taking it to the top so he can find it, EASILY.
Small Block

By the way, I challenge anyone to say I have ever treated anyone wrong on this board or anywhere else.just so Ya think it's a "what goes around, comes around" type deal.

Nope I bought from you and was pleased with our transaction.

I have had a few dealings with him over the past couple of years, none bad but ironically he has never divulged where he lives so I cannot go knock on his door. I pm'd him over on moparts and pointed him here.

If you'll remember, he's the guy that had the really sweat 68 Black Dodge Charger that he was trying to sell awhile ago. Do a search on that car in the for sale section and see what comes up. Maybe he hasn't read his PM's yet.
Small Block

I PM'd him yesterday and he did return with a reply. It seems there's been a death in the family which has taken him away from home and the computer. He's been away for a week or so and will return in another week and at that time he will deal with any issues. He did say he was prepared to refund any funds. Glad i didn't get button happy. We'll continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Small Block

I PM'd him yesterday and he did return with a reply. It seems there's been a death in the family which has taken him away from home and the computer. He's been away for a week or so and will return in another week and at that time he will deal with any issues. He did say he was prepared to refund any funds. Glad i didn't get button happy. We'll continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Small Block

Well,if that's true,then bless his heart. But no matter what, and I mean no matter WHAT, my motto has always been "Bidness is bidness". You just gotta take care of it, or get someone to fill in if you can't. PERIOD. It's just good bidness.

Small Block

Well I hate to be skeptical but it still sounds fishy to me. Reason is what Avispa said how he bought the wheels "months ago". Here's a direct quote from Avispa's 1st post

bought two ralley wheels months ago, when I finally contacted him, he said he didn't have any ralleys for sale, i sent him the info in the Paypal payment, said he would get back to me, haven't heard a thing in a month, PM'ed Him, no answer.
If what Avispa is saying is true something isn't right with Ricbrann's alibi. You don't generally go away for months over a death in the family.

Well I hate to be skeptical but it still sounds fishy to me. Reason is what Avispa said how he bought the wheels "months ago". Here's a direct quote from Avispa's 1st post

If what Avispa is saying is true something isn't right with Ricbrann's alibi. You don't generally go away for months over a death in the family.

And I called the postal police off, Know I am thinking I should not have, I feel the same way know that I think about it fishy68.
I will give him 3 days, lord knows he has a friggin phone and access to a computer :angry7:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back