Ross' '71 dart swinger

-
been busy the last few days working on the dash for the swinger. I think I have all the paint work done now and as soon as everything dries I can start the reassembly process.

dash 10 5 091.JPG

dash 10 5 092.JPG

dash 10 5 093.JPG

dash 10 5 094.JPG

dash 10 5 095.JPG

Thanks! Sorry Stan it's too late the blue on the bezel is pbm! It wouldn't match yours:toothy10:

I actually have a set of heater controls that is butter smooooooooth! I bought a '68 dart dash from Ben and it was incredibly nice! The wiring was soft and supple and I could only find 2ohms anywhere, vs the harness that came out of the swinger that has 4-5 ohms.

:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::toothy10::cheers:
did you see the f body I posted?

well here it is, I'm not very happy with the way it turned out because I cheeped out and used cheap clear instead of the good clear. (I ran out of dcx hardener and I had cheap clear on the shelf) Anyway this clear scratches and chips way too easily (I know I prepped it right) and that happened a few times during reassembly, it also burns though very quickly when you try to buff it.

I still need to finish the wiring harness that I am modifying and then put the wiring in, also I need to finish up the dash cap.

Any way what do you think? I may not be 100% happy but it is good enough for the time being.
dash2.JPG

dash1.JPG
A pic of it when we first got the car
DCP_4012.jpg

dash2.JPG

dash1.JPG

DCP_4012.jpg

I spent most of my day installing glass and getting it lined up just right! So much fun! tomorrow after school I am going to install the dash I built and put the windshield in.

1.JPG

wow I just looked all the way through the tread and the car has changed a bit. Wow

well I got the dash, heater box, and windshield in today. It's coming along nicely.
I am going to let the windows dry for awhile and then leak test them before I install any trim

windsheild1.JPG

windsheild2.JPG

windsheild3.JPG

Man, that is beautiful!
I love the color!
Jasper Blue Metallic is it?
I saw you mention paint code PBM and I know thats Jasper Blue.

I'm thinking of painting my 74 Deep Sapphire Blue.
Its a similar color, but just a little bit more blue than Jasper Blue.
I've been hemming and hawing over paint codes since I bought the car...

Man, that is beautiful!
I love the color!
Jasper Blue Metallic is it?
I saw you mention paint code PBM and I know thats Jasper Blue.

I'm thinking of painting my 74 Deep Sapphire Blue.
Its a similar color, but just a little bit more blue than Jasper Blue.
I've been hemming and hawing over paint codes since I bought the car...

Thank you
My color chart has it as tungsten blue metallic, I don't know if at one point they called it something else though.

Awesome job you are doin there,just read the whole thread.You can't sell it,not yet.:angry7:Tara needs to take it out and see what it can do first.:-DKeep the thread going.

Thank you, I have decided that regardless of what she wants to do we aren't going to sell unless someone offers stupid money, the reason being is that every time I make a top ten list the '70-'71 swinger is in the top 5. Tara finally agreed o let me keep it a stick:cheers: because she is now comfortable driving one and admitted that it is more fun!

I also know the day it is first driven all thoughts of selling will disappear for her.

Looks good to me!

Tungsten Blue huh?
Either way, its sweet! Nothing like a nice modern metallic on an A body!
I love the combo of that gray blue with the silver stripe.
The colors go nicely together.

I was at the farm today and had the nikon with me so I figured I take a few shots of the swinger, what do yha think?
dartalishish7.JPG

dartalishish10.JPG

DSC_3742.jpg

dartalishish12.JPG

dartalishish17.JPG

dartalishish15.JPG

dartalishish19.JPG

dartalishish6.JPGr.jpg

dartalishish7.JPG

dartalishish10.JPG

DSC_3742.jpg

dartalishish12.JPG