SBE 318 basic rebuild +CAM , INTAKE, HEADS, expectations?

-
It's all out already and decreased,
Possibly waiting to finish the 440.
Heads should be ready next week.
Before I dig into the 318.
Rockauto makes it easy on basic parts and gaskets.

Btw a loose motor is a happy motor.
Learned that from a small unknown local friend and shop I was working part time as a young buck ( Reher Morrison).
New rings will be added anyways.
Which means I can do tge bearings and rear main seal as well.

View attachment 1716290270
Nobody can help this individual. J.Rob

That's what I am.looking for.... no in between the line infos... straight up.

Appreciate it
You have more than enough info to build a 350 hp 318, the exact specs kind of up to you everyone gonna do it slightly different, what the exact compromises your gonna make are probably gonna be different then the ones I and others will.

since someone mentioned Whiplash cams.. i am curious if anyone has ever seen one on a dyno or at the track? I have seen a lot of videos about how amazing they sound but not how they run..

let's close that.
I see some guys here starting to talk to "personal"
And I ve now understand the " Mopar guys Reputation"
You showed it !!!

While others have been helpful...
You dick arround 24/7 on the forum, that tells everything,
You have nothing to do BUT to critisize others online and be a know it all.

I will not ask further questions

don't worry bout the 318 hate.... do what you want and your budget will allow... rather have a driving car with a 318 than a dream sitting on jackstands.
There are probably hundreds of posts about 318's not being up to it. Let a 318 be a 318 and be happy or get a 360 and be happy or get a 440 and be happy. Put in a 318 get 318 results and just drive it. There are no more "stop light" contests those days are over!

since someone mentioned Whiplash cams.. i am curious if anyone has ever seen one on a dyno or at the track? I have seen a lot of videos about how amazing they sound but not how they run..
THey sound awesome idling through the parking lot at a car show but you get them over 2000 rpm and they sound like Grandma's teen in her Plymouth.

let's close that.
I see some guys here starting to talk to "personal"
And I ve now understand the " Mopar guys Reputation"
You showed it !!!

While others have been helpful...
You dick arround 24/7 on the forum, that tells everything,
You have nothing to do BUT to critisize others online and be a know it all.

I will not ask further questions
Well, take a step back and look at what you've done here. You have several threads going basically asking all the same questions. What do you expect? Go hide under the kitchen table if you want, but you're only hurting yourself. All of us here were stepping up and actually giving you good advice. Just because you don't like the delivery, you now want to cry and run off like a little baby. Car guys have always been known to be somewhat gruff and very straight forward. All of these guys here, including myself would literally give you the shirt off their back to help you. Remember, no one gets paid for their time here. Time is precious. Once it's gone it's gone. It's our greatest gift. Something you might want to think about before you stomp off like a little baby.

I hear they perform not too bad especially on low cr engines, there's no dyno or track shootout I know of, never used one so can't say 100% but I've never hear any complaints from anyone running one.
Not much of an answer :)

69 cuda low comp 340 tti 3 inch exhaust ultraflows hughes whiplash 3.23s 13.20s
He has more vids stroked it stall 3.91s 11.26s@119 ish

1 more wth guess its not stroked who knows pretty quick for 3.91s
I know my comp 268 loves 3.91s

69 cuda low comp 340 tti 3 inch exhaust ultraflows hughes whiplash 3.23s 13.20s
He has more vids stroked it stall 3.91s 11.26s@119 ish

Love the second gear scratch. Wait, was that third? :thumbsup: Yep. Starting at about 2:10

The specs on the cam indicate improving low end torque and overall performance, win win for a low compression 318.
I now several guys using the Whiplash, one with a 360 and another with a 400, both said the cam made the low compression engines into a different beast.

The specs on the cam indicate improving low end torque and overall performance, win win for a low compression 318.
I now several guys using the Whiplash, one with a 360 and another with a 400, both said the cam made the low compression engines into a different beast.
Cool, wasn't putting it down, i had just never seen numbers of one running, just that they sound good :)

Cool, wasn't putting it down, i had just never seen numbers of one running, just that they sound good :)
I think my hi comp 340 268 manifolds sounds better but iam partial
all you hear is engine :)

What cam did you go with again?
Camshaft Type:
 Hydraulic Roller
Basic RPM Range:
 1800 to 5500
Valve Lift Intake:
Valve Lift Exhaust:
Duration Intake:
Duration Exhaust:
Duration at 050 Intake:
Duration at 050 Exhaust:
Lobe Separation:
Intake Centerline:

IT's more cammy than i expected..

Those Whiplash cams can run strong. The key would be to use the ONE small one for the 318 and not the one for the 340/360. But you need to keep in mind, they still have the same requirements regarding converter and rear gears as any other camshaft in their duration range.

IT's more cammy than i expected..
That sounds good! How do you like that carburetor so far?

That sounds good! How do you like that carburetor so far?
Carb is damn good.. the springs helped sooo much.. i put in the 3# to get it to idle good and will tune is soon as i get it ready to drive. the rods bouncing up and down made it sooo rich before :)

-
Back