SF Bay Area Cruise/Brunch: 7/24 (Sat)

-
We have done this before. Maybe it's time to for another spin around the Bay. We like to meet on the Peninsula and take the coastal route and then grab some lunch somewhere. If anyone is interested, let me know and we will plan a date.

Instead of just flapping our gums, let's pick a day. I am looking at a pretty comprehensive listing of upcoming Bay Area auto events and I see a few possible dates:

June 19th: Sat
June 20th: Sun

July 24th: Sat

Let's get some feedback on a date and do this thing! I am kind of liking July 24th so we can give people enough time to prepare. What say ye?

Instead of just flapping our gums, let's pick a day. I am looking at a pretty comprehensive listing of upcoming Bay Area auto events and I see a few possible dates:

June 19th: Sat
June 20th: Sun

July 24th: Sat

Let's get some feedback on a date and do this thing! I am kind of liking July 24th so we can give people enough time to prepare. What say ye?

sounds like a plan...my barracuda MIGHT be ready by then...but it is a rusty shitbox that needs a quarter panel and a fender...I'd be embarrassed to be around all your guy's nice cars... :/

im 3.5 hrs north but i think i can swing july 24th

dazed, that would be very cool of you to make it down from Ft. Bragg! The last time I was up that way, I took my Wrangler on a Jeep Jamboree years ago. I am trying to remember the name of this logger's reaturant in the area where we all had breakfast. It was something like Samosa Cookhouse. Does that ring a bell?

i might be down for something like this depending on where its at.

I think we will use the old route that a few other clubs now use and that is to meet on the Peninsula (starting location TBA). Head up Woodside Rd (84) to the Four Corners (intersection of Woodside Rd and Skyline) and stop at Alice's Retaurant for a break/coffee etc. This is a major stop in the area for classic cars and motorcycles. Then, continue up Woodside Rd. towards LaHonda and out to the ocean. Then, turnng north up Highway 1 and running parallel with the coastside and stopping in Half Moon Bay at Cameron's English Pub/Restaurant where they have plenty of parking for cars and a nice indoor & outdoor area to eat. The owner is very good about blocking off sections of the parking lot and eating area if I give him advanced warning. After that, we can continue cruising up the coast towards San Francisco (past the old Half Moon Bay Dragstrip & current location for the Pacific Coast Dream Machines show which just currently took place). Then, cruise through the Presidio/Golden Gate National Park and stop to get some pics of the cars with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. That will probably be a good point to end the day and let those heading north/east go across the Golden Gate Bridge or Bay Bridge and the rest of us filter back to the Peninsula & South Bay. I'll define the cruise route a litle more as we go on but this gives you a general idea. What do you folks think?

Sounds good. Maybe we can get TACH to join us too.

I will certainly let him know as soon as I see him. His schedule is a little tight that day so it really depends on start times you are thinking and what time you think we will be at the Persidio.

I think we will use the old route that a few other clubs now use and that is to meet on the Peninsula (starting location TBA). Head up Woodside Rd (84) to the Four Corners (intersection of Woodside Rd and Skyline) and stop at Alice's Retaurant for a break/coffee etc. This is a major stop in the area for classic cars and motorcycles. Then, continue up Woodside Rd. towards LaHonda and out to the ocean. Then, turnng north up Highway 1 and running parallel with the coastside and stopping in Half Moon Bay at Cameron's English Pub/Restaurant where they have plenty of parking for cars and a nice indoor & outdoor area to eat. The owner is very good about blocking off sections of the parking lot and eating area if I give him advanced warning. After that, we can continue cruising up the coast towards San Francisco (past the old Half Moon Bay Dragstrip & current location for the Pacific Coast Dream Machines show which just currently took place). Then, cruise through the Presidio/Golden Gate National Park and stop to get some pics of the cars with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. That will probably be a good point to end the day and let those heading north/east go across the Golden Gate Bridge or Bay Bridge and the rest of us filter back to the Peninsula & South Bay. I'll define the cruise route a litle more as we go on but this gives you a general idea. What do you folks think?

I would be up for that as long as i can get the day off for it.

Sounds like a great cruise!! I am ready....let me see if the boss gives me the day off...lol.

-
Back