SF Bay Area Cruise/Brunch: 7/24 (Sat)

-
Well,....he might have a fetish for it... but then again..uh oh open mouth insert foot....

You guys picked the one day that I can not attend. My anniversary. Have fun.
Harold

Harold, you should take her to the Bella Vista restaurant. We will pass it on HWY 35 heading north from Alice's restaurant. The view and the food is to die for!
Guy

all the people i have met in person on here have turned out to be real nice people. i might even call them "friends" haha.

I think we will use the old route that a few other clubs now use and that is to meet on the Peninsula (starting location TBA). Head up Woodside Rd (84) to the Four Corners (intersection of Woodside Rd and Skyline) and stop at Alice's Retaurant for a break/coffee etc. This is a major stop in the area for classic cars and motorcycles. Then, continue up Woodside Rd. towards LaHonda and out to the ocean. Then, turnng north up Highway 1 and running parallel with the coastside and stopping in Half Moon Bay at Cameron's English Pub/Restaurant where they have plenty of parking for cars and a nice indoor & outdoor area to eat. The owner is very good about blocking off sections of the parking lot and eating area if I give him advanced warning. After that, we can continue cruising up the coast towards San Francisco (past the old Half Moon Bay Dragstrip & current location for the Pacific Coast Dream Machines show which just currently took place). Then, cruise through the Presidio/Golden Gate National Park and stop to get some pics of the cars with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background. That will probably be a good point to end the day and let those heading north/east go across the Golden Gate Bridge or Bay Bridge and the rest of us filter back to the Peninsula & South Bay. I'll define the cruise route a litle more as we go on but this gives you a general idea. What do you folks think?

I like that route especially because it keeps us off of 92 which is not a good road to use on the weekends. Have you found a good start point for the cruise Ben?

so do we know yet where thie startin point will be? if myself and my uncle can get the day off work, wed definatly like to join in! sounds like a ball!

UPDATE: The meeting location is southwest corner of Safeway (located on the corner of El Camino Real and 17th Ave). The address is: 1655 S El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA. It is one block north of where Highway 92 and El Camino meet so you can either take H280 or H101 to H92. There is a Starbucks within 40 ft from where we are meeting if you need to get your morning fix.

We are leaving the parking lot @ 10am so please be there at least 15-30 minutes earlier.

We have a really nice run planned - just some beautiful back roads to drive (think redwood trees, scenic coastal route, etc). We drove the route recently and think everyone will enjoy it. I will post the route shortly but will have copies of a map for those participating on the day of the cruise.

Also, we will be having brunch at Alice's Restaurant in Woodside so save your appetites. We have reservations for the back room and deck which will accommodate 60-70 people. More on Alice's later but here's their address if you want to check out the menu. They have great food. http://www.alicesrestaurant.com/

Looking forward to seeing everyone and getting a chance to drive our vehicles.

thanks for the update ben, im really looking forward to this cruise. it will be nice to get the cars out and see everyone.

Here is a quick down & dirty flyer I made for some of the local clubs. Yes, it is one very text-heavy & graphically-challenged flyer. ;)

Now that I have copied/pasted it, I see that the formatting has been lost in the translation from Word to here but you will get the point. If anyone wants the flyer emailed to them, send me your email and I will get it to you.

-------------------------------------------------------

Classic Car/Truck Cruise & Brunch

What: this is just a good ol’ fashion day cruise/brunch along some beautiful scenic roadways on the SF Peninsula & Coast. Along with this, is a planned brunch stop at Alice’s Restaurant (at the corner of Skyline & Woodside Rd). the entire back room & rear deck have been reserved. The route is a total of approx. 77 miles.

When: Saturday, July 24th (arrive at 9:30am ‘cause we’re pulling out at 10am sharp).

Why: No specific reason … just a chance to let our classic cars/trucks stretch their legs and drive some of the most beautiful scenic areas on the SF Peninsula/Coast

Who: Dozens of rodders and muscle car owners representing several different clubs around the SF Bay Area.

Where: We will depart from the Safeway parking lot in San Mateo (on the corner of El Camino & 17th Ave). The address is: 1655 S El Camino Real, San Mateo, CA (just a block north of H92 & El camino). There is also a starbucks 40 ft away in case you need your morning fix. ;)

Some of the stops/highlights of the cruise will be:
-driving on Crystal Springs Rd. along the the Crystal Springs reservoir
-the scenic redwood tree portion of H35 (Skyline)
-brunch at Alice’s Restaurant (http://alicesrestaurant.com/)
-beautiful coastal/beach route
-quick dessert stop at Cameron’s Pub on H1 (http://www.cameronsinn.com/)
-cruise through historic Main St. in downtown Half Moon Bay
-more beautiful coastal roads (along Devil’s Slide)
-cruise the Great Highway along Ocean Beach past the Cliff House
-drive by the California Legion of Honor
-end location is the Baker Beach parking lot (in the Presidio) where we hope to get a group shot in front of the Golden Gate Bridge as a backdrop.

Please contact Ben at: [email protected] if you plan to join us so we can get a head count for brunch. This is important since we have a head count of nearly 50 right now. Also, feel free to email with any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing you there!

Funny email Steve. Don't worry, there will be plenty of gals on the cruise so that no one's wife/girlfriend will feel like they're drowning in a sea of testosterone.

34 hours and counting. Looks like we are going to have a good-sized turnout and the weather is supposed to be really nice. Look forward to seeing you guys/gals out there.

James, GTS4Fuji is driving the cruise solo and said he would be happy to have you ride along with him (in the '69 Dart) for the day.

I met up with GTS4Fuji. I guess I'll be parking my commuter car up at the safeway parking lot, (where we will all be meeting) and will hitch a ride with him...But, just one question, how far away is the starting and ending locations from each other? I wouldn't want someone to have to travel too far to take me back to my car...LOL...

I met up with GTS4Fuji. I guess I'll be parking my commuter car up at the safeway parking lot, (where we will all be meeting) and will hitch a ride with him...But, just one question, how far away is the starting and ending locations from each other? I wouldn't want someone to have to travel too far to take me back to my car...LOL...

It is approx. 25 minutes but I am sure we can find one of the several folks from the peninsula to give you a ride back to Safeway.

James, I will pass right by there if you need a lift back to your car. no worries
Guy

-
Back