SF Bay Area Cruise/Brunch: 7/24 (Sat)

-
I will certainly let him know as soon as I see him. His schedule is a little tight that day so it really depends on start times you are thinking and what time you think we will be at the Persidio.

I will figure out the times in the next few days but think that a departure time of 10am might work well. I don't think anyone really wants to get up any earlier (we'll save that for the car shows). We'll just keep it fun and relaxed.

Two questions I would like to ask everyone that is going to participate is: 1) would you mind if I extended an invitation to our FBBO & FEBO brothers/sisters and 2) would you be open to a few brand Xs joining us? The reason I ask is that I have a few friends that are GM/Ford fans (and still, very nice people ... can you believe it?), and would like to ask them to join us (they love to drive their cars). I will only do this if the majority of people who are actually going are ok with it. TIA.

the more the merrier.....a bunch of classic cars cruisin in california on a nice day??? What a site to see.

Now that's livin'....

i know you arnt refering to my rusty shitbox ben.:-D

Actually, I was. ;) I am just trying to get the point across that this is strictly for fun and that it doesn't matter what condition your Mopar is in ... just bring it out, drive it and have fun. Granted, if we all need to stop and get out the duct tape, bailing water, ballast resistor, ECU and coolant/water every 15 minutes for someone, that's a whole other thing. Leave that thing at home until it's roadworthy and jump in one of our cars for the drive. ;)

Two questions I would like to ask everyone that is going to participate is: 1) would you mind if I extended an invitation to our FBBO & FEBO brothers/sisters and 2) would you be open to a few brand Xs joining us? The reason I ask is that I have a few friends that are GM/Ford fans (and still, very nice people ... can you believe it?), and would like to ask them to join us (they love to drive their cars). I will only do this if the majority of people who are actually going are ok with it. TIA.

Cars are cars(unless they're donks, lowriders, or hybrids). IMO.

Assuming i'm able to come, i say welcome them all.

Besides, who am i to judge? i think i almost got lynched for rolling around an idea about a brand X swap into a mopar a few months ago.

As for my attendance(from your above post), it pretty much boils down to coverage. For some reason, people at my job have been committing career suicide and right now we're down 3 people, possibly 4 by the end of june.

July 24th looks like the day. Although approx. 7 weeks away, it will creep up quickly. Within the next two weeks, I will drive the course and talk to the owners of the business where we are going to be stopping at to make sure everything is cool.

Mark this date (July 24: Saturday) on your calanders and will have a nice day cruising around some beautiful areas in the San Francisco Bay area.

What time we thinking of starting and ending?

I personally think starting at about 10 am would be great. That way we're not caught up in the late afternoon traffic.

Steve, I haven't driven the route yet and talked to the biz owners but will do so soon. We will probably start the run at around that time. More info to come.

Everyone interested ... mark July 24th off on your calanders!

dazed, that would be very cool of you to make it down from Ft. Bragg! The last time I was up that way, I took my Wrangler on a Jeep Jamboree years ago. I am trying to remember the name of this logger's reaturant in the area where we all had breakfast. It was something like Samosa Cookhouse. Does that ring a bell?

your talking about the Samoa cookhouse. anyone ever in that area must stop there, awesome place!

If possible can you give updates to the route, time and meeting place as the time comes closer. i cant say for sure i can make it due to work, it will be last minute for me but i should have my new motor in by then!

your talking about the Samoa cookhouse. anyone ever in that area must stop there, awesome place!

That's it! What a cool place! I have great memories of that stop and the entire outing. I enjoyed camping out at Point Arena. Waking up on a cliff with the Pacific Ocean in front of you was really nice.

If possible can you give updates to the route, time and meeting place as the time comes closer. i cant say for sure i can make it due to work, it will be last minute for me but i should have my new motor in by then!

Absolutely! As I mentioned above, I will be driving the route soon and we'll get everything (info-wise) all buttoned up.

I m in even if i have to use one of the trucks at least theyre from the right era.the dart needs rear tires.

Latecomer to this thread, but sounds great --- I'm in!

Well dunno if I'ma make it now...My 318 is taking longer than expected to put back together...

This is awesome...I just started posting and I have been invited to a cruise..

Sweeet...count me in...

I hope my Dart will be road worthy by then.....

Thanks for the invite..

This is awesome...I just started posting and I have been invited to a cruise..

Sweeet...count me in...

I hope my Dart will be road worthy by then.....

Thanks for the invite..

No problem. If the Dart isn't up and running by then, just drive whatever is running and have some fun. I'm sure there will be some extra seats available in several cars.

-
Back