Site sucks for mobile users because of ads

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spend 99.9% of my time here on my Samslung phone with next to zero issues.
I guess I over exaggerated with saying 100%.
Whenever there is an issue, I get a "Cloudfare" warning.
The majority of people with "issues" wouldn't have them if they went gold. Or an ad blocker.
Here's screen shot of Cloudfare warning.
Nope. @RedFish and I have posted problems too. Its not just the ads, they just bog things down even more when bandwidth is even somewhat limited. The site does weird things that go beyond just the browser. The only time, the only time, my desktop computer has had problems is when on this site. When I can't afford to have the computer go down I avoid this forum like the plague. Don't know why but its a 1 to 1 correlation but random enough I can't predict it although there's about 1 second where mouse movements slow - then I know screen is going to loose signal.

Screenshot_20240829_082320_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah Mike, I know how it works. I've owned and run web sites before.
Well then, perhaps you need to be a little more sympathetic to Joey's cause.

It costs a lot to run these sites, and I'm sure Joey is not make a fortune doing it.

Well then, perhaps you need to be a little more sympathetic to Joey's cause.

It costs a lot to run these sites, and I'm sure Joey is not make a fortune doing it.
Well how bout if I stop recommending it? Would that unruffle everybody's feathers?

Well how bout if I stop recommending it? Would that unruffle everybody's feathers?
Your lack of recommendations won't stop people joining.

Your continued recommendations of Ad Blockers will hurt the sites..... your call.

Your lack of recommendations won't stop people joining.

Your continued recommendations of Ad Blockers will hurt the sites..... your call.
I'm talking about not recommending the adblocker.

I spend 99.9% of my time here on my Samslung phone with next to zero issues.
I guess I over exaggerated with saying 100%.
Whenever there is an issue, I get a "Cloudfare" warning.
The majority of people with "issues" wouldn't have them if they went gold. Or an ad blocker.
Here's screen shot of Cloudfare warning.

View attachment 1716297296
I was getting this yesterday when I tried to log on. Thought the sites where just down for some reason

You get what you pay for in life. Since I can't take anything with me when I die what's $.96 a week for a Gold Membership compared to all the other money I spend weekly.

Two lunches out and I'll spend $50, and that's only good for about 40 minutes. Hundreds of hours of great content without ads, the ability to bump ads, and photos in PM's

for $50. If you want the goods you have to pay the price sometimes.

Tom

You get what you pay for in life. Since I can't take anything with me when I die what's $.96 a week for a Gold Membership compared to all the other money I spend weekly.

Two lunches out and I'll spend $50, and that's only good for about 40 minutes. Hundreds of hours of great content without ads, the ability to bump ads, and photos in PM's

for $50. If you want the goods you have to pay the price sometimes.

Tom
Exactly. I've been blessed enough to have been gifted several gold memberships through time and when mine lapses this time, I'll do it myself. This is easily the best Mopar site on the net. Probably the best car site.

I was getting this yesterday when I tried to log on. Thought the sites where just down for some reason
I have all the sites loaded. If FABO won't come up I switch to B bodies or C Bodies. If they are all down there is a server or ISP error on Joey's end. Nothing can be done until it comes back up again.

I agree with the op.
And I've tried ad blockers, a few different ones. They work for a while but when they no longer work it backfires to where the ads are even a bigger **** show. They're ok when they work. But no telling when they expire. Then you get all the ads the blocker blocked "while it worked" and then some. I can't stand the ads but since I deleted the backfired ad blocker it has toned down a little.... But not enough.
Not a single person comes here for the ads, I guarantee that. And as obnoxious as they can be and pop up right in the middle of reading a post or in making a post to where they interfere, is uncalled for

"Uncalled for??" Really? Maybe you need to adjust your expectations of what you get for free:poke:
I agree with the op.
And I've tried ad blockers, a few different ones. They work for a while but when they no longer work it backfires to where the ads are even a bigger **** show. They're ok when they work. But no telling when they expire. Then you get all the ads the blocker blocked "while it worked" and then some. I can't stand the ads but since I deleted the backfired ad blocker it has toned down a little.... But not enough.
Not a single person comes here for the ads, I guarantee that. And as obnoxious as they can be and pop up right in the middle of reading a post or in making a post to where they interfere, is uncalled for

"If" Joey is against ad blockers, which I doubt he gives ****, he would just make everybody pay. Simple ****.

But the FACT that you can join for free and enjoy the knowledge, shows that he does not demand gold and if ad blockers solve your problem, good for you.

I was forced into joining and paying for a membership after a couple guys gifted me a membership. As much as I appreciated it I’m not in the poorhouse and it made me feel guilty. I rarely advertise parts for sale on here but I have picked up some porting work so paying for a yearly membership is the least I can do to pay forward to the site. I love that you are aloud more messages because I’m bad at deleting them. And being able to send pictures is a big big luxury. For sure this is the best Mopar site that I visit. And I thank Joey and even the Mods for that.

I get that the ads help fund the site but do they really need to go to the extreme of sketchy **** site quantity? The site used to be usable on my work phone with Opera but IT did an update and blocked everything except for basic Chrome which is a mess if you aren’t logged in with gold.

Have they ever tried to do a fund raiser to gain enough money to fund the site ad free or with a minimal set of sponsors? How many gold memberships do we need to gift to cut down on the ads?

Regarding the ads, ad blockers don’t subtract or prevent money coming in to Joey. He’s not funding the site on how many people buy what the ads are for. He gets money for them just being on here. If they didn’t bring in revenue they wouldn’t be here and he would require everyone pay a membership.
In summary, every single member could run an ad blocker and Joey would make the same revenue off the ads.

@blind bat
How many gold memberships do we need to gift to cut down on the ads?

To add to my point, the ads will never go away because they, along with membership, are part of the revenue. What entrepreneur cuts revenue voluntarily?

I pay $12.95 a month so I no longer have to watch ads on YouTube, because AdBlocker I was using would no longer work when YouTube cracked down.

While it's an inconvenience paying for it I do enjoy the hundred hours of commercial free content I watch a month on there.

In Fact of all the media and subscriptions I pay for YouTube would be the last one I would drop.

Tom

Regarding the ads, ad blockers don’t subtract or prevent money coming in to Joey. He’s not funding the site on how many people buy what the ads are for. He gets money for them just being on here. If they didn’t bring in revenue they wouldn’t be here and he would require everyone pay a membership.
In summary, every single member could run an ad blocker and Joey would make the same revenue off the ads.

@blind bat

To add to my point, the ads will never go away because they, along with membership, are part of the revenue. What entrepreneur cuts revenue voluntarily?
That was sorta my point. Everyone knows there are adblockers available. I or anyone else suggesting them will not have an effect on those who want to go gold and support the site. Either someone wants to support the site or not, regardless of ads.

support the site or not
If someone doesn't support the site they have no right to ***** or make suggestions. imo
Don't tell me you're a wine and cheezer too, there are far too many already. lol

I get that the ads help fund the site but do they really need to go to the extreme of sketchy **** site quantity?
The adverts you see are based around your browsing history....so you need to ask yourself about what type of other sites you are frequenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back