Site sucks for mobile users because of ads

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone doesn't support the site they have no right to ***** or make suggestions. imo
Don't tell me you're a wine and cheezer too, there are far too many already. lol
Not hardly. Far from it. You know that.

The adverts you see are based around your browsing history....so you need to ask yourself about what type of other sites you are frequenting.
I was gonna say it, but you beat me to it.

I pay $12.95 a month so I no longer have to watch ads on YouTube, because AdBlocker I was using would no longer work when YouTube cracked down.
Should of held out a little longer, I still watch add free.
You just lose all control of functions, but the algorithm will still feed the stuff you like. F google.

Something else I thought about after I posted and thought I would add it this morning. Moparts used to be the place to hang out. Lots of racers and lots of tech. But to have good tech you better be able to post pictures to show guys what you are trying to say. That site has always been hard to post pictures on but now it’s crazy stupid. A four picture limit and “special” sizing has always been in place. But now if you post pictures ones right side up, ones sideways, and ones upside down. I still stop in but tech is gone as are many members. A website is only as good as the members that contribute knowledge. If everyone never shared anything where would we be.

For everyone going "hail, hail ad blockers"
Again, they haven't worked for me/ or when they have, they haven't for long. And the ones I have tried are ones suggested right here by you guys.

Everyone who has said go gold missed the point. I never said remove all the ads, just want the site to not be an unusable dog **** broken mess. As far as this performance criteria goes, this is one of the worst forum sites I use. I can deal with the little ad at the bottom of the screen or the regular sized ones in-between posts. It's the ads that mess with site functionality and cause lag that are the issue.

BTW, I'm working on getting gold.(have not logged into paypal in a few years)
do they really need to go to the extreme of sketchy **** site quantity?
Quagmire you need block those certain tracking cookies.

As for the suggestion of using ad blockers, that does not fix every problem. Also, I do watch many ads on youtube, especially the movie trailers and local ads. I wish not to remove revenue from ads, but the site should not be a POS for newcomers who may want to join.

The adverts you see are based around your browsing history....so you need to ask yourself about what type of other sites you are frequenting.
The key term is _quantity_ . On mobile you get an ad literally between every post that randomly changes size and content. So you are reading a post and the page keeps resizing itself. I’m fine with a couple Summit ads but for the love of god don’t put them between every post and if you do, make them static.

Obviously, I support the site, but Joey is going overboard on ads. The site just looks trashy without an ad blocker which must turn people away and lower ad revenue.

I can't find this on my phone now, but on my lap top it has a spot showing who is on the site at the time. Goes something like
Members 83
Guest 469
Robots 847054175
What exactly is the robots ?

Something else I thought about after I posted and thought I would add it this morning. Moparts used to be the place to hang out. Lots of racers and lots of tech. But to have good tech you better be able to post pictures to show guys what you are trying to say. That site has always been hard to post pictures on but now it’s crazy stupid. A four picture limit and “special” sizing has always been in place. But now if you post pictures ones right side up, ones sideways, and ones upside down. I still stop in but tech is gone as are many members. A website is only as good as the members that contribute knowledge. If everyone never shared anything where would we be.
Moparts used to be the best. The owner and moderators are much like politicians in a once great state. They abused their members because they acted as if they could get away with it. The site lost members when they got tired of the ads and the bully moderators but then they still claim to be doing well just like we hear from the elected officials here....that my home state is still the place to be. They are all in denial or outright lying despite the truth of their declines being visible to all that have their eyes open.
This place along with FBBO has really gained popularity in the last 5-8 years. When I use the phone to access these sites, I don't see many (if any) ads. Maybe the GOLD deserves credit for that?
One thing that I have to get out in the open is this:
What makes a forum great is the members. A site owner can create a great layout with little or no ads, use great graphics, have an excellent picture hosting program but if nobody joins and interacts with others, it is a ghost town. I do give credit to the site owners and moderators for setting the stage for a better environment for members to enjoy. Nobody wants to be in a place where they always feel like someone is watching them and ready to pounce on anything that they deem as "out of bounds". Moderators that let a situation run a bit before squashing it are a blessing in my opinion. I do think though that it is the sharing of information by the members (including moderators since they were members before going into the management staff) that keeps people engaged and coming back. A new member, a moderator, a 12 year member all can post about their projects, ask for help. sell leftover parts, buy a needed tool or just post memes or pictures of cars-pretty women-landscapes, whatever.
The issue of the ads and the objection to excessive content is a valid one.

I can't find this on my phone now, but on my lap top it has a spot showing who is on the site at the time. Goes something like
Members 83
Guest 469
Robots 847054175
They follow what you look for and shop is the simplest explanation.

Moparts used to be the best. The owner and moderators are much like politicians in a once great state. They abused their members because they acted as if they could get away with it. The site lost members when they got tired of the ads and the bully moderators but then they still claim to be doing well just like we hear from the elected officials here....that my home state is still the place to be. They are all in denial or outright lying despite the truth of their declines being visible to all that have their eyes open.
This place along with FBBO has really gained popularity in the last 5-8 years. When I use the phone to access these sites, I don't see many (if any) ads. Maybe the GOLD deserves credit for that?
One thing that I have to get out in the open is this:
What makes a forum great is the members. A site owner can create a great layout with little or no ads, use great graphics, have an excellent picture hosting program but if nobody joins and interacts with others, it is a ghost town. I do give credit to the site owners and moderators for setting the stage for a better environment for members to enjoy. Nobody wants to be in a place where they always feel like someone is watching them and ready to pounce on anything that they deem as "out of bounds". Moderators that let a situation run a bit before squashing it are a blessing in my opinion. I do think though that it is the sharing of information by the members (including moderators since they were members before going into the management staff) that keeps people engaged and coming back. A new member, a moderator, a 12 year member all can post about their projects, ask for help. sell leftover parts, buy a needed tool or just post memes or pictures of cars-pretty women-landscapes, whatever.
The issue of the ads and the objection to excessive content is a valid one.

Good post.
I'll not comment about moparts only beause its a side track. Oh wait - maybe I should because all threads should have side tracks! LOL.

Gold help on cell phones? No idea.
The problems I have had (and I'm pretty sure Redfish's are similar) are with computers. So maybe not relevant at all to this thread! I think its is software issue and buried deeper - not just a question of ads as it happens when logged in (Gold) or not logged in. Hasn't happened since th elast FABO crash.

As far as the Gold membership provides support and therefore a person's right to request improvement, you nailed it. This site might exist with 100% paid members or might not. However, it would not exist without members who contribute help and knowledge. They are what makes the site - not the $40 per year.

Robots 847054175
That's the number of times that sneaky members have done back-door deals to avoid using the correct forum when selling their parts. :poke:

You Al obviously come under the 'members' total :thumbsup:

That's the number of times that sneaky members have done back-door deals to avoid using the correct forum when selling their parts. :poke:

You Al obviously come under the 'members' total :thumbsup:
Not sure how to take this !
200w (1).gif

i am not giving "joey" whomever he is a red cent for any of his sites...
he should pay me and others for our talents as i see it...addblockers work well esp on win 7

As far as moparts mr tom over there had a good thing going but the mods, and and a few a$$ holles pretty much made it bland, like most mopar sites these days

Good post.
I'll not comment about moparts only beause its a side track. Oh wait - maybe I should because all threads should have side tracks! LOL.

Gold help on cell phones? No idea.
The problems I have had (and I'm pretty sure Redfish's are similar) are with computers. So maybe not relevant at all to this thread! I think its is software issue and buried deeper - not just a question of ads as it happens when logged in (Gold) or not logged in. Hasn't happened since th elast FABO crash.

As far as the Gold membership provides support and therefore a person's right to request improvement, you nailed it. This site might exist with 100% paid members or might not. However, it would not exist without members who contribute help and knowledge. They are what makes the site - not the $40 per year.
Yup, members make the site but web sites are not free for the person/people that own them.

i am not giving "joey" whomever he is a red cent for any of his sites...
he should pay me and others for our talents as i see it...
If that was the case, there would be no world wide websites of any kind....last time I looked, building up a website and maintaining it costs money. So, uh, you've never needed any questions answered or have never experienced any benefits from any of the FxBO sites? And 'Tom' at Moparts was the main problem in letting his mods have free rein. At least that's the way I saw it.

Yup, members make the site but web sites are not free for the person/people that own them.
Absolutely, at least not on the size if sites like these. It's a business, like any other.

Similarly, the life of forums is the membership, not the mod and admin staff.
Yup but without the staff, the site would suck imo. IF all the members were self-policing, there would be no need for mods but would still need someone to make sure the site stays up and running good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back