some of iranian a-body s

Mopar Events and Classic Car Shows

1. rich006

rich006 Learning as I go

Local Time:
    11:17 PM
    It's great to see what we have in common. People everywhere like classic cars. Thanks for posting!

2. Dave NEO

Dave NEO Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    9:17 PM
    cool

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  3. pishta

pishta I know I'm right....

Local Time:
    8:17 PM
    Is coolant more expensive than gas there?

4. JoeDartGT

JoeDartGT Active Member

Local Time:
    Not surprising people think this. Sadly many write off the entire region as the same. The revolution and of course the hostages did not help with this intentional ignorance. Thanks for posting. The more the better. Any VW busses(split window)?

5. moparmat2000

moparmat2000 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    10:17 PM
    Great pix, thanks for sharing. Glad to see that Mopar and muscle cars speak many languages. In your pix i saw a lot of cars that looked half dissassembled sitting on the roadside or in lots. Were some of these projects in work?

That barracuda notchback in post #5 looks arrow straight and is cleanly stripped. Looks like its almost ready for paint. You wouldent believe what i have to piece back together. Are your mopar clubs out there actively trying to save as many as you can?

I can only assume that kinda like folks in Cuba having an old american car in Iran is kind of like giving a middle finger at your government. I wonder how your country was like before the takeover by the Ayatollas.

6. Narek H

Narek H Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Moparmat2000:

You are correct, while the government is trying to block any western influence, the people however are doing what the love which in this case is to collect, restore and keep these great cars. and yes its always a middle finger to govt. Right now Iran is trying to impose a law to ban classic (they call them junk) cars in Iran with some restrictions on how and when they can be driven on the streets and people(Car enthusiasts) are out on the streets trying to fight to stop this stupid law....

Pre 1979, the streets were filled with mostly American cars. GM even had a branch in Iran with Pars Khodro (iranian car manufacturer at the time) assembling Buick (skylark) and Chevy (Nova) cars. I grew up driving my grandpas 63 Valiant and my dads 79 Ford Granada. Right now Iran (government subsidised companies) produces cars that they just put airbags on... LOL. for sure after 79 the country went back in time in terms of technology..

7. Narek H

Local Time:
    Moparmat2000:

You are correct, while the government is trying to block any western influence, the people however are doing what the love which in this case is to collect, restore and keep these great cars. and yes its always a middle finger to govt. Right now Iran is trying to impose a law to ban classic (they call them junk) cars in Iran with some restrictions on how and when they can be driven on the streets and people(Car enthusiasts) are out on the streets trying to fight to stop this stupid law....

Pre 1979, the streets were filled with mostly American cars. GM even had a branch in Iran with Pars Khodro (iranian car manufacturer at the time) assembling Buick (skylark) and Chevy (Nova) cars. I grew up driving my grandpas 63 Valiant and my dads 79 Ford Granada. Right now Iran (government subsidised companies) produces cars that they just put airbags on... LOL. for sure after 79 the country went back in time in terms of technology..

• Like Like x 1
    • moparmat2000

Local Time:
      The ones that looked half apart like the barracuda you put in post #5 look abandoned or are they in work being restored. Can you elaborate on those? My 67 and 69 barracuda are both a mess from rust and many needed body repairs.

• Narek H

Local Time:
      I believe if you reach out to Member: Iran (person who posted the pics) he can tell you if those are for project or just abandoned.

• moparmat2000

Local Time:
      Ok thanks

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.