South Island Guys

-

cannucky

The Guy With No Birthday
Reaction score
One more week till the start off Francellis lets get some Mopar presence happening out there this year8)

Can I get some more info please? Also, I'd try to come but I don't have my N until October and I'll be moved off the Island by then :(

Francellis is a coffee shop in the royal oak strip mall { in between the Quadra and Royal Oak exits on the Pat bay highway }that hosts a weekly coffee and cruisin { Their name for it } on Saturday nights it's a car guy get together that explodes to hundreds of cars some weeks they have a 50s style band in the parking lot twice a year and it used to include a cruise somewhere around town at dusk or so but that was when it was on Fridays a couple of years ago and it just wasn't that formal or organized last year but still gets a good turn out every week and is a good clean scene for all { no drunks or dumb crap everyone at least pretends to like each other lol } 8)

Well the season started last night , it was a small turnout { always is at the beginning } just the front lot and a couple on the side about 50-75 with the in and outers ,I was the only mopar don't know where Dave and Jimmy were but next week is the 50's band so the turnout will be a lot bigger:toothy10:

Well the season started last night , it was a small turnout { always is at the beginning } just the front lot and a couple on the side about 50-75 with the in and outers ,I was the only mopar don't know where Dave and Jimmy were but next week is the 50's band so the turnout will be a lot bigger:toothy10:

Chris...you know Jimmy sold his car, eh?

Chris...you know Jimmy sold his car, eh?
no I didn't I knew he was talking about it due to some marital issues but last I heard I offered here to buy it or store it or whatever he needed to do to be able to get it back after the smoke cleared , damn he is such a nice guy is he still around town ? I hope he's allright . What about you did you buy that project that was on here ? We going to see you out soon ?

yeah it's every saturday usually guys start to roll in around 5-5:30 and then people come and go till about dusk but I'll double check the date on the 50s band as this gets people to hang around more and normally fills the place up , I was thinking there might be something going on up your way this weekend ? maybe I'll come up there Saturday before hand

Thanks for the link I was going to drive by tonight and got busy, must have misread the poster last week , theres a swap meet / show in Courtney on Sunday the calendar says it's OPEN , that is on the Island right ? man I better buy a map , 4 years and I've never been anywhere but work this is going to be fun exploring this Island this summer:glasses2:

anyhow hope you make it - Bob who ? , what are you converting?

Courtenay IS definitely on the Island. About 2.5 hours North of Vic.

What calendar are you looking at?

We're converting Bob Wiffen's Sunfire Yellow '67 Barracuda 440 to front discs...hopefully this weekend...if he gets all the parts together.

Courtenay IS definitely on the Island. About 2.5 hours North of Vic.

What calendar are you looking at?

We're converting Bob Wiffen's Sunfire Yellow '67 Barracuda 440 to front discs...hopefully this weekend...if he gets all the parts together.

I got a list of the Island shows off the counter at Lardco , Sounds like a cool car is it the one that was at the Firestone on Douglas some time ago? and I think I saw a yellow fastback in a garage area across the street from ICBCs claim center off of gorge rd beside the legion { I've been working on some condos at 365 Waterfront and walk to work } , It was also over at Victoria trans and auto care on Government . what are you missing I went to manual brakes and have my old booster { if peter didn't swap it for a junk one when he sent it back to me } and the hoses as well I think if you need it

I think he's got everything now...just have to find the time to install it. The hold-up was UCA bushings (and installation) and upper ball joints. He's retired, but seems busier now than when he was working!

Hope you guys can get it together sounds like a cool car , you going to do the offset thing with the factory bushings?

In conversation with my mom, I threw out the thought of checking out Francelli's with my Duster sometime next month and my mom's boyfriend said he'd go so I should be down there sometime next month

In conversation with my mom, I threw out the thought of checking out Francelli's with my Duster sometime next month and my mom's boyfriend said he'd go so I should be down there sometime next month

Let us know what date you can make it, and we'll try and be there.

Will do! I got to meet 70DartMike today. It was cool talking to him and seeing his Dart.

sounds good , I went to Courtenay today not much mopar , a cool looking 64 polara hemi car and a couple of coronets didn't spot any parts at the swap either oh well it was a fun drive

I drove to Victoria yesterday morning to check out Fancellis, only to get rained out by a monsoon it seemed. Hah.
Oh well I got to meet Cody like he mentioned, cool kid and cool Charger he's got. I'll try to make it to Francellis when you set the date, maybe if the group of us go we will make a good Mopar presence.

As soon as it's nice and I get the starter and alternator wiring fixed with the Duster, I'll be down there. Oh, and I gotta get 2 new front tires too haha.

what size tires ? I got 4 185/70/14s I'm trying to give away { I need the room in my garage }

Not too sure. I'm putting Rallyes on it so I'll end up buying new BF's. I'll check on the sizes though incase I can't get the BF's before summer.

Will do! I got to meet 70DartMike today. It was cool talking to him and seeing his Dart.

That must have been where you were going Mike, we were heading up to the cabin and drove by you somewhere between Duncan and Nanaimo, don't remember exactly. Not sure if you saw me, I was in the RAM and honked but for a big truck it has a really wimpy horn, need to get a big rig air horn for it :-D

Not too sure. I'm putting Rallyes on it so I'll end up buying new BF's. I'll check on the sizes though incase I can't get the BF's before summer.
Your welcome to them - same go's for anyone else here on the Island I've tried twice to get them gone one friend of a friend said hold em he'll come get them that was 7 weeks ago and a painter at work was driving the hat in the snow with bald tires so I offered them for 50 and he decided he would rather drive in the snow with baldies { ford guys eh } and they are still sitting there taking up space I would love to see them go to one of you guy's and free is a good price I think 8)

-
Back