South Island Guys

-
Would you mind grabbing a picture of them for me when you get a chance? I'd appreciate it.

Would you mind grabbing a picture of them for me when you get a chance? I'd appreciate it.

PM sent sorry pics are out but if the weather holds I may get the itch and find myself up Druncen way , Not sure tho I have a memorial service saturday afternoon and between a haircut and alterations to my suit and washing the car and Francellis etc it won't be till Sunday if at all

well guy's if you weren't there you missed a great night the sun was shinning, the band was playing , and we had half dozen mopars I haven't seen before there including Dave and Bruce { are these guys brothers ? } with there 65 Val convert and 65 Cuda respectively { though each has both } both cars are beautiful ,and Chris Willie had his 70 Hemi Cuda out , there was an Orange Duster I don't know who owns it but it is a beaut , Sergio was there with his blown Hemi Duster and a couple of survivor cars a light copper { I think } Coronet with a lot of patina and a Monaco 500 that had to leave early due to a fuel leak and those were just the ones that got parking spots at all we filled that place except for one row back buy the grocery store and a few spots up front by Mcdonalds , what a great night 8)

p.s. I forgot about Mikey with his dads old panel van { Webb and sons decorating } that his dad bought from mister Webb and it still has all it's original graphics a real Victoria history piece sorry Mike

That must have been where you were going Mike, we were heading up to the cabin and drove by you somewhere between Duncan and Nanaimo, don't remember exactly. Not sure if you saw me, I was in the RAM and honked but for a big truck it has a really wimpy horn, need to get a big rig air horn for it :-D

Ah no I didn't see you drive by, well I probably saw the truck because I see every Power Ram that drives by, but I most likely didn't realize it was you.

well guy's if you weren't there you missed a great night the sun was shinning, the band was playing , and we had half dozen mopars I haven't seen before there including Dave and Bruce { are these guys brothers ? } with there 65 Val convert and 65 Cuda respectively { though each has both } both cars are beautiful ,and Chris Willie had his 70 Hemi Cuda out , there was an Orange Duster I don't know who owns it but it is a beaut , Sergio was there with his blown Hemi Duster and a couple of survivor cars a light copper { I think } Coronet with a lot of patina and a Monaco 500 that had to leave early due to a fuel leak and those were just the ones that got parking spots at all we filled that place except for one row back buy the grocery store and a few spots up front by Mcdonalds , what a great night 8)

p.s. I forgot about Mikey with his dads old panel van { Webb and sons decorating } that his dad bought from mister Webb and it still has all it's original graphics a real Victoria history piece sorry Mike

Damn, I would have liked to be there but I just started a front disc swap on the Dart yesterday.

The Duster should hopefully be on the road by the A&W show and shine in Duncan on June 7th.

well guys another great week at Francellis a couple more cars I've never seen before including a black 340 / 6pack 68 dart and a real clean blue cuda 71? that a couple of guys are restoring in they're shop - it's nice to meet some new mopar people who aren't tied to you know who { can you say new resources sure knew ya could } and speaking of the ....... it looks like he'll be taking his ss car to pinks all out along with GT's dart with the 408/w2 roller motor and mikey's 66 cuda { I think he should take the big block wagon instead but hey thats just my opinion and we know what thats worth } I also heard 4 guys from Port Alberni are going and at least one local Bow-Tie guy so it looks like at least 8 guys from the Island got accepted too cool:-D

hey 65Val where ya been at eh? haven't seen your car all year, thanks for the link I counted 24 Island guys but I probably missed a couple since I don't know where some of the towns listed are , hopefully I'll get my enhanced license by then it looks like we could at least see a Canadian winner if not a local

hey 65Val where ya been at eh? haven't seen your car all year, thanks for the link I counted 24 Island guys but I probably missed a couple since I don't know where some of the towns listed are , hopefully I'll get my enhanced license by then it looks like we could at least see a Canadian winner if not a local

Chris...I should be at Francelli's this Saturday. I've been out of town the last few weekends. I 've had the car out and driving, but usually during the week.

See you there this Sat?

Cheers

Oh...they have road racing....hehehe:-D Hey, anybody here take their Mopar on the ferry? Mainly those guys with headers? I'm driving my Duster home this weekend from New West. It hasn't been on the road since 2005. I'm worried about my headers bottoming out on the deck. That and the possiblility of it not wanting to start when the ferry goes to off load.

Hey, anybody here take their Mopar on the ferry? Mainly those guys with headers? I'm driving my Duster home this weekend from New West. It hasn't been on the road since 2005. I'm worried about my headers bottoming out on the deck
Either crank up the torsion bars, or take a set of tall wheels and tires with you.
That and the possiblility of it not wanting to start when the ferry goes to off load.
Take a good battery or set of jumper cables with you....or one of those "jump boxes".

Unfortentley I don't have a choice regarding the tires. I have to use what I have which are the stock 14's. However, after getting out a tape measure, I'm estimating the headers to be about 8-9 inches off the ground. My mom's Grand Am's front spoiler is 7 inches off the ground and it dosen't scrape. It's close but dosen't. The Duster has a brand new battery. But it's having some issues right now. We just got the starter rebuild but the starter relay is screwed. My dad got a new one and is installing it tonight. Hopefully that'll fix the problem.

What No Pics???

Sorry but all the pics are on my cell phone { its the only camera I have } and I don't know how to get them over to here to FABO so you'll just have to come and see for your self or meet me at a show and see the crappy pics my phone takes , theres a couple of colours it just can't seem to get right =P~

Chris...you left before I had a chance to come to your car and say "Hi"! I saw you when I drove in, then I met up with Greg (new '67 Dart GT owner) and Bob ('67 'Cuda/440 disk-brake-swap car) and when I looked, you were gone . Sorry dude! Maybe we can try for next Sat evening, depending on the weather.

Your Cuda looked good!

Chris...you left before I had a chance to come to your car and say "Hi"! I saw you when I drove in, then I met up with Greg (new '67 Dart GT owner) and Bob ('67 'Cuda/440 disk-brake-swap car) and when I looked, you were gone . Sorry dude! Maybe we can try for next Sat evening, depending on the weather.

Your Cuda looked good!

thanks Dave I saw you but you had family with you then left and when you got back I was busy with Chris and Marcel { Canada Line and Tube } do you know Marcel ? he's a great guy we might be doing a group order with Legendary Interiors this week he helped one of their guys out at Vegas and was offered a great deal so he is trying to make the order as big as possible , did you redo some of your Interior? it looked real clean , as for saturday I should be there -I always am eh lol and I hope to go to Duncan next Sunday for the "Cruisin at the Dub"8)

I'm hoping to be at the Duncan show on Sunday with the Duster. That's if I can get the wiring issue solved.

thanks Dave I saw you but you had family with you then left and when you got back I was busy with Chris and Marcel { Canada Line and Tube } do you know Marcel ? he's a great guy we might be doing a group order with Legendary Interiors this week he helped one of their guys out at Vegas and was offered a great deal so he is trying to make the order as big as possible , did you redo some of your Interior? it looked real clean , as for saturday I should be there -I always am eh lol and I hope to go to Duncan next Sunday for the "Cruisin at the Dub"8)

Chris...There's a swap meet up in Parksville next Sunday, so ,on the way back down-island, I'll probably stop at the Duncan A+W meet. Hope to see you there.

Darwin

Cool I just put a new thermostat in the car so maybe I'll do the same thing and go to both see ya on the road

Well, heading over to Vancouver on the 3:15 ferry today. Got lots of work to do tonight but the Duster has to be on the road tomorrow. Then I can drive it home tomorrow and get it ready for Sunday for the show. Wish me luck!

I apologize for not being able to give you a picture, but go to your alternator thread, the pic that abodyjoe posted is the same pic I would have posted.

-
Back