South Island Guys

-
I apologize for not being able to give you a picture, but go to your alternator thread, the pic that abodyjoe posted is the same pic I would have posted.

No worries Mike! I actually forgot about the picture. I'm printing it off right now. I'm at my dad's girlfriend's house so I'm heading to my grandparents in a while.

Well, finally home. Car ran GREAT the whole way! How many attended the A&W show? I got there at 1:15 and everybody was gone. The only car left was a green '74 Duster so I took some pictures of my '73 with it and then left.

Well, finally home. Car ran GREAT the whole way! How many attended the A&W show? I got there at 1:15 and everybody was gone. The only car left was a green '74 Duster so I took some pictures of my '73 with it and then left.

I was there, but you're right. Most peeps (inc. myself) left around 1pm, after the awards. (Anybody think the "trophys" were a bit lame???) Met up with Chris ('69 copper Barracuda) and a couple of non-listers. Weren't very many cars there, even when it was busy.

Hopefully we can get a big showing at the Parksville Chrysler Show July 19th.

Cheers.....

Darwin

I was there with my "bronze" Cuda lol { I guess if I can call you "Dave" for a year }and Mike was there with his green dart but left before the awards and there were a couple of Duncan Darts as well a dark blue one and a black 340 car , I didn't mind the homemade trophy's as much as the lack of classes 1 car class a truck class for what 4 trucks a bike class for 2 bikes both owned by the same guy { and if its a cruisin thing shouldn't you have to drive your ride in ? how do you ride 2 bikes at once ?} and a lowrider class for 2 cars , there was quite a few nice cars and I'm a big fan of that white super bee ragtop so I really don't understand lumping all the cars in 1 class and wasting 3 trophy's on 3 empty classes . that said I had a good time talking to the people it was the first time I entered a car of my own in a show and the entry package was worth the price of admission and then some so I'll be back next year ,:cheers:

I forgot to mention I got a good laugh out of the bike guy when him and his girlfriend / wife / wildabeast turned around with their trophy while shaking hands and posed for pictures which nobody took , I know it sounds mean but it was a classic moment:thebirdm:

Ooops...'bronze'....sorry 'bout that , Chris8)!!

I also loved the totally stock ('cept for baby moon wheels...ick!) 200? Chevy truck!!!!...sheesh...when did they become show material???

Its never really been a big show, but has had better content in the past. Oh well, one of the better parts....the "wildebeast" showed off some of her more interesting assets earlier in the day...accidentally, of course!

Dave

...err...Darwin:toothy10:

I have a feeling I'm glad I missed that part of the show , I was on the AW site and they do this cruisin the dub thing everywhere but Victoria we'll have to see about changing that 8)

Okay guys....heard about another car show from a friend today and then saw a flyer up at Lordco. There is a show in Shawnigan Lake on Sat. June 27th. 10-4 at the private school. $5 entry fee.

For more info contact [email protected]

WoW We had some guy who used to work at Ensign Chrysler here in town show up saturday with a 64 Dart / Charger the real first Charger and this one was a rag top to boot -too cool 8)

WoW We had some guy who used to work at Ensign Chrysler here in town show up saturday with a 64 Dart / Charger the real first Charger and this one was a rag top to boot -too cool 8)

That would be Al Sullivan...and the Dart should be a '65...and black.

Those Dart-Chargers were a dealer-built thing in California. They came 2drht or convert only...black or yellow color only...and had 13" Cragars stock w/special center cap. There's a least one lister here that has one, and knows the history of them fairly well. Wish I could have made it. Haven't seen Al in several years.

1965 DartChargerEmblem.jpg

1965 DartCharger.jpg

I stand corrected on the year and it is black but was yellow he mentioned something about them all being painted yellow at the factory and showed us where the yellow was showing through in a couple of spots , man what a find and an origional island car to boot - I repeat tooo cool

Anybody notice the orange Duster on the pole near Nanaimo is gone? I phoned the junkyard today, they finally sold it.

Nope, wouldn't say. Hopefully it's gonna get restored (sure it is) and the new owner will chime in on the site!

I wonder how much it sold for, it looked pretty solid but I never stopped to really look. If you can't keep them inside it's best to keep them as high off the ground as you can, they certainly did that :-D

It's too bad really, it was a landmark.

I haven't heard a peep from him but now that you reminded me I'll send him an e-mail. I have the feeling he may have officially split with the wife and moved to Alberta. Are you going to the Quailicum show Sunday? Weather forecast sucks but I hope to drop in as we'll be up there anyway.

I got a hold of him and put a little update on his "sorry to say" thread. Things sound very good other than the loss of the Signet which still stings.

Are you going to the Quailicum show Sunday? Weather forecast sucks but I hope to drop in as we'll be up there anyway.

Mmmm...wasn't planning on it, but do hope to make the Parksville Chrysler one in July. Next week I'll be at the Saanich swap w/ the daughters' Rabbit convertible for sale in the car corral. (Actually, I hope it sells beforehand...then I can jst look at stuff all day.)

Good to hear Jimmy's doin' OK. We all need to get together when he comes back.

A couple years ago the guy wanted $2500 for the Duster on the pole, it's a 318 car.
And I'll be attending the Qualicum car show, not sure if I'll enter, probably though. Will probably do the Poker run on saturday as well.

Mmmm...wasn't planning on it, but do hope to make the Parksville Chrysler one in July. Next week I'll be at the Saanich swap w/ the daughters' Rabbit convertible for sale in the car corral. (Actually, I hope it sells beforehand...then I can jst look at stuff all day.)

Good to hear Jimmy's doin' OK. We all need to get together when he comes back.

I'll be at the swap meet with a friend of mine, I think you met him (Vic), we'll have a couple stalls, mostly his stuff but I'll through some of my odds and ends in there too. Once Jim gets back we will definitely have to get together :-D

A couple years ago the guy wanted $2500 for the Duster on the pole, it's a 318 car.
And I'll be attending the Qualicum car show, not sure if I'll enter, probably though. Will probably do the Poker run on saturday as well.

I'll look for you, my back is totalled so I'll be sitting as much as anything, walk a little, sit, walk some more, sit :sad11:

Hey, if you guys are gonna be there, I'll try to make it. Depending on the weather, of course.

Just insured the Dart yesterday, drove her to work today. Sure did miss drivin' her.

I doubt I'll put the car in the show, the rust that showed up over the winter is pissin' me off.

I'll be the big guy with a '65 Dart t-shirt and Mopar cap.

I'll keep an eye out for you and I'll try to remember to wear a Mopar shirt, I'm not a big guy, shaved head, goatee

I'll be at the swap meet with a friend of mine, I think you met him (Vic), we'll have a couple stalls, mostly his stuff but I'll through some of my odds and ends in there too. Once Jim gets back we will definitely have to get together :-D

Yes, I remember Vic. Any idea what area you'll be in and I'll look for ya?

Hey, if you guys are gonna be there, I'll try to make it. Depending on the weather, of course.

Just insured the Dart yesterday, drove her to work today. Sure did miss drivin' her.

I doubt I'll put the car in the show, the rust that showed up over the winter is pissin' me off.

I'll be the big guy with a '65 Dart t-shirt and Mopar cap.

I think I'm going to enter the show, and I think you should as well, we could make a nice Mopar presence :-D I'll wear a Mopar shirt as well. Unfortunatly my only ones are black so if its hot I'll be dying, but oh well.

-
Back