South Island Guys

-
Ya, I talked to my son, and I think that we will put the car in the show.

I'm 6'3", grey ponytail, grey goatee.

Maybe we can meet up and try to get the cars side by side. I'll give you a call when I get back from town.

See ya tomorrow.

Maybe we can meet up and try to get the cars side by side. I'll give you a call when I get back from town.

See ya tomorrow.

Sounds good, I also have a guy from Duncan who is most likely driving his 67 Dart. I'll give him a call today and see if we 3 (or more if he brings more) can meet up together and get to park next to each other. You have my number I think? I'll PM you incase you don't.

Yes, I remember Vic. Any idea what area you'll be in and I'll look for ya?

We are planning on setting about along the back part of it where the gravel road comes in beside the barns, so we can leave easier when we're done.

I think I'm going to enter the show, and I think you should as well, we could make a nice Mopar presence :-D I'll wear a Mopar shirt as well. Unfortunatly my only ones are black so if its hot I'll be dying, but oh well.

I saw your car but didn't see you

See ya tomorrow.

I didn't see you or your car but my back gave out so we left before seeing everything there

You'll see a white Alpha Roofing truck and my big blue RAM :-D

Is anybody here going to the Shawnigan Lake show on Saturday? 10-4 at the Boys Private School. We need lots of A body power there! I'll be there with my blue '73 Duster. Look out for a 16 year old kid with a white t-shirt that has a red '68 Charger R/T on it. My friend will also be there with his sublime green '71 Valiant 4 door. Looking forward to seeing some of you guys there!

Oh, quick tech question. Got a thunk in my front end when I turn left. Sounds like the balljoint or something. I know the boot is pretty worn out. Should I just grease it up?

I saw your car but didn't see you.

I didn't see you or your car but my back gave out so we left before seeing everything there

Gee, Rob, I was parked right in front of Mike's Dart, how did you miss it?

I asked every short bald guy with a goatee if he was Rob, didn't have any luck.

We'll have to try and hook up another time.

Is anybody here going to the Shawnigan Lake show on Saturday? 10-4 at the Boys Private School. We need lots of A body power there! quote]

Didn't know it was on. Is that the school on Renfrew Rd? I might be able to make it. I'm assuming its "All-Make"?

might drive by the show in the morning but I got a 4:28 pm Tee time for our company golf tournament and with all the work drying up I need to be seen in a good light with the boss { to make up for all the bad reports he gets about me from the brown nose dog @#%#@ers I work with lol } you know " part of the Team a real good company guy " yeah right if you see his silver 442 at francellis and I'm not there flatten his damn tires for booking a saturday will you

Is anybody here going to the Shawnigan Lake show on Saturday? 10-4 at the Boys Private School. We need lots of A body power there! quote]

Didn't know it was on. Is that the school on Renfrew Rd? I might be able to make it. I'm assuming its "All-Make"?

I'm honestley not sure. I'll send an email to the event organizer and when I find out, I'll let you guys know.

Gee, Rob, I was parked right in front of Mike's Dart, how did you miss it?

I asked every short bald guy with a goatee if he was Rob, didn't have any luck.

We'll have to try and hook up another time.

You're kidding, you were parked in front of Mike, I must be loosing it, I was in a bit of a fog all morning :angry7:

I guess these days there are a lot of short bald guys with goatee's :-D

I had a Mopar shirt on and some guy with last year's Parksville Moapr shirt nodded at me, I didn't think much about it and then turned around a bit later, he was walking with a pretty big guy, wasn't you was it?

Okay....

The show is at The Shawnigan Lake Private school in Shawnigan Lake at 1975 Renfrew road, just past Mason General Store across from the lake, there will be balloons and signs to follow.

Well, it's tomorrow and I'm ready...the car isn't ready yet. Got to put the new valve cover gasket on tonight and fix one plug wire and I'll be good to go!

Got the car all back together. Went to start it and it ran for about 5 seconds then died. Tried to start it again a couple of mins later and it turned over but wouldnt start. Have to figure it out in the morning :S

I hadn't really thought about it those fellas with the 65 valiant convertables and 66 cudas were talking about overrunning the open show at elk lake held by the mustang club just to kick a little sand around eh! but langley sounds fun

The cleaning girls from the job site dragged me out to the nudie bar last night and well I blew all my extra cash { go figure } so not this year , I'll probably go crash the open show here at Beaver lake that $150 bucks round trip ferry is a little much:angry7:

Sorry I was just walking past monty's when they spotted me from inside and 1 beer at 5pm became $200 at midnight which for a guy like me who hasn't drank in 3 years was way to much beer and tequila what a way to screw up a weekend I could be lined up for the ferry home after a great day in mopar land right now instead my belly's still not right ,and I missed Francellis's { did you see Marcel there? } next time I'll pm you here and you can take my place while I duck out the fire door or something just don't tell your wife on me eh ! the cleaning girls used to dance here before they got too old .#-o

ps if you see your buddy with the 440 car my phone is 220-9270 I still am interested in those back-up lights and I wonder if he has a plate light?

Sorry I was just walking past monty's when they spotted me from inside and 1 beer at 5pm became $200 at midnight which for a guy like me who hasn't drank in 3 years was way to much beer and tequila what a way to screw up a weekend I could be lined up for the ferry home after a great day in mopar land right now instead my belly's still not right ,and I missed Francellis's { did you see Marcel there? } next time I'll pm you here and you can take my place while I duck out the fire door or something just don't tell your wife on me eh ! the cleaning girls used to dance here before they got too old .#-o

ps if you see your buddy with the 440 car my phone is 220-9270 I still am interested in those back-up lights and I wonder if he has a plate light?

LOL...I was just "rattlin' your cage". I didnt see Marcel @ Francelli's Sat evening. Bob (the guy w/the B/U lights) is on FABO here. His nick is "wiffs440", i believe. He's out of town for another week in Alta, I think, but you could leave a PM here for him. I didnt make it over to Langley, either. Just couldn't justify $150 ferry.

I am gonna make Parksville this coming weekend, if the weather holds out. Maybe we could get a South Island convoy up there going?

Parksville is this weekend?

Do you have to pre-register?

Hopefully, I'll see you guys there. Maybe your eyes are better than Rob's and you'll actually see my car :-D.

I am thinking I'll go but I'm not sure , a little bummed I haven't heard from Marcel I really wanted to have an interior in my car for this show but let me know what time you'll be heading out and if I go I'll meet you somewhere for the drive up , maybe the gas station at Spencer or the Admiral at Tillicum or whatever8)

-
Back