Srt-68 Barracuda

-
My buds 67 and 68 notch's put 17's all around and put 255 x 55's on back.....that setup looks sweet as well...big nasty tire.

Mop

Whatcha doing for brakes? Cant wait to see.

Don't be "that guy" who gets this far and doesn't renew hinge pins and bushings. It's easy at this point, and makes all the difference in the world. How many nice, freshly painted cars have you seen where the door damn near hits the ground when opened, and needs a lift to get closed? If you are this guy, you need yer *** beat. So, do it.

Kit is $8.

tire **** 003 (Small).jpg

Third Gen HEMI Swaps require you to throw away stock oil pan. Several companies out there make mid and rear sump set-ups to make the swap possible. They also lighten yer wallet in a big way.

Either way, you lose 2 bell housing bolts in the process, as the 6.1 stock oil pan is gusseted for those two bolts. Replacement pans do not have these provisions.

So; #1, I used a 2 wheel drive 5.7 truck pan--$50 from Chrysler.
#2, I fabbed this bracket to carry those 2 bell bolts from the block.

I'm Happy.

bell bracket 001 (Small).jpg

bell bracket 002 (Small).jpg

I don't think they are needed, but the added insurance of piece of mind is worth it. I didnt do anything on mine, hopefully it will be alright.

While you have the fender off you may consider welding a washer on the lower hinge post....the one that uses the spring lock washer thing to hold it on.....mine popped off after we got the car in primer.....as we were closing the hood. It came loose, popped up and the back corner of the hood gouged into the cowl....that sucked.

So we welded a washer on each side to keep it on the post...just a couple of tacks so If you need it off later it is easy to grind......just a thought.

Mop

The ones below and above that are closer to the inner fender....probably wouldn't hurt to do the spring one as well......crappy hinge design don't you agree?

The one on the driver side popped off on mine and like I said....near disaster.

Also do you know where I can get a pigtail for the three pronged safety switch on the transmission so I can land my neutral wire from the start relay cleanly.

And what do the outer 2 pins do/control....I never have messed with tri pins my safety switches have all been singles in the past.

Thx

Mop

5.7 dart,

Would you be interested in making another set of the engine bay hide-o-way fenders and fire wall?

I ask b/c my build is almost identical to urs except I'll have the CAP auto kframe and use a 727 behind mine..

Also I have a spare complete rear that came outta my charger when I up graded the rear to a custom one... not sure if u need the toner rings out of it or not..... Also I know of a few vendors that do modified TCM's which mean they tell the TCM to do what ever they want it to.. not sure if they can tell it to turn off the ABS,BAS stuff though....

I sent u a pm with my number call me when u get a chance.

Jason

Grinder......lookin for meat....grinder lookin for steel...Grinder.

Judas Priest....vintage 80's

Mop

DO not stokr it.....plz.

You did too much to let Mpr havre credit 4 the build.

Try to restrain yrslf frm doin th rite tnhing and do smthng you wnt.

no widow involved,,boyd sold off the wheel buss,,,to american before he dropped dead

5.7, I'm watching your build very closely, I am doing the same thing to a 63 Dart. From what I've read, most builders have not had any luck using the new NAG transmission, not really sure why. I have a feeling if anyone can figure it out, it will be you. Do you have a backup plan? I was planning on going with the 4l65e even though they are crazy expensive, but if you work this out, you could sell kits, or at least instructions on how to do it. Good Luck!!

Why anyone would want anything that NAG's you is beyond my understanding......727.and I don't mean the jet airliner.

Mop

-
Back