Srt-68 Barracuda

-
Wellll, how goes the project??? I'm jonesin for more pics and updates. Looks real good so far.

Not much in the way of excitement or car-**** here--just plodding away. Just about got her de-scaled, then to primer. Then on to hand blocking it til ya bleed. Lots of work getting done.

bodywork 001 (Small).jpg

bodywork 002 (Small).jpg

bodywork 003 (Small).jpg

right there with you buddy. sanding, sanding, sanding and more sanding. Great build. Makes me think of getting rid of all the 360 and 440 stuff I had planned for my 68 Dart.

Lookin good......see you got something on the quarter.....I'm sure some low flash solvent will take that green stain off.

Mop

I was thinking of something like this. Then this happened by someone else. On to something else, I guess. Don't want to plagiarize this man's effort.

blue fish.jpg

right there with you buddy. sanding, sanding, sanding and more sanding. Great build. Makes me think of getting rid of all the 360 and 440 stuff I had planned for my 68 Dart.

All I can say is EFI GENIII HEMI. There is nothing like it. I'll never use anything else in a Chrysler build. Don't get me wrong, I love ALL engines, regardless of manufacturer. I wouldn't knock anything with a flywheel. Here's a vid of a 1906 5HP that I just restored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz2yzErySfU

Hope you don't mind me asking but what does it cost these days for a salvaged SRT 6.1L Hemi with all the fixins like you got yerself. Was looking at the 5.7s but man that 6.1 is calling out to me. Seen one on Ebag for $6800 with auto transmission.

I'd rather use all the mopar stuff and graft it into place.

Cool vid.

Finally got my new hood today. J.C. Whitney came through for me big time. Scoop included. They said it fit ALL Chrysler cars, and they were right.

hood (Small).jpg

be careful.........the ricers might trade in carbon fiber for your new found material! LOL

that 1906 engine is sweet dude

Did they throw in the free windshield with it. By the looks I guess you are waiting for parts too. I will tell you it sucks when companies dont come thru. Just venting. Hood and scoop looks good. LOL

hahaahaa i will admit it took me a second... that is awesome. What was the going price for something that strong and that light? I might be interested...lol

That scoop is gonna come right off....you need a better brand of tape if your gonna run that.

PS I like the puke green better than the puke brown.....make up your mind already.

Puke Green it is, then.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have 30 hours of blocking to do. Hopefully I can get this Fish as straight as the Dart. I'm thirsty.

carlisle 083 (Small).jpg

Puke Green it is, then.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have 30 hours of blocking to do. Hopefully I can get this Fish as straight as the Dart. I'm thirsty.

Man I love that dart. We all know the cuda will be just as awesome

i'm just blown away with everything you have done so far. genius idea with the engine bay covers. guys like you give me inspiration with my build and ideas for the future.

That's not a green light go on the color.....I see you already have a puke green car......why not split the diff and have a baby shiz brown car.....mix the orange with the green...

I and others are still waiting for the real color chip....:confused:

Maybe just beeracuda......a lovely golden amber or maybe a robust red ale.

Yea paint it the color of a Killians Red Lager.....complete with the carbonation bubbles.......yum looks refreshing no doubt.

Keep the color chips coming.....not sold on the same ol....that green on the truck or whatever is parked by your dart isn't bad though.....It has the metallic touch.

NAG, NAG, NAG. What apainintheass this has been. Car still won't move. I've built an ABS system for it, but the damned module won't come alive. Got a friend from Chrysler coming over next week with his scan tool to see if he can wake it up. My scan tool won't do it--gotta be a Chrysler tool.

And yes, I did jiggle it and hit it with a small hammer.

Small hammer?

Since when did a small hammer fix anything but a ding in some AL trim?

Bigger hammer....badder attitude.:angry7:

I'm sure since the Pentameltdown you could probably hire a couple of engineers for lawn mower boy pay....

-
Back