Srt-68 Barracuda

-
Not one to spend someone else money, but consider how much time and labor you've got into the wiring harness (factory), now consider how much a wiring harness would be from Street & Performance. I'm not saying that what your doing can't be done, but, sometimes simplicity is the better way, even though it will cost some money.

What I was trying to say is the aftermarket wiring harness takes care of all those nasty issues. Plug in and "boil the hides". By no means do I know everything, but the harnesses from Street and Performance are made so that you don't have any problems, that's what I used. Would it be worth it to call Tony Squire at Hotwire.com? Maybe he could point you in the right direction. Hope you get it lined out, cant wait to see video.

Also, people like us that are doing these swaps are actually building hybrids, they burn both gas and rubber. Just some late night humor before I go to bed.

Life taker and a heart breaker.

ive read on some boards, there is a guy on E BAY that modifies your harness from the donor vehicle,, 5.7/6.1 and magnum harnesses,,for around 200.00 .. so im guessing he takes out the unneeded stuff for the swap

Again, it's not a harness problem. Harnesses are child's play. All the wire in the world, or lack thereof, cannot generate 160,000 electrical pulses per mile. That's what I'm up against. If I can wake this damned module up, we'll see if what I've done will work. Til then, more body work.

it is the trans module that is sleeping right? if buddy can't wake it up with the dodge scan tool what option does that leave you with? what does dodge want for the module?

can wait to see more body work pictures!

ryan

Could you use an encoder wheel modified to fit on the axle? Enough lines on the wheel could = 160,000 pulses in a mile.......pulse output qty = number of lines on encoder times number of revolutions of the axle per mile.

IE if the encoder has 200 lines on the face and rotates 800 times in a mile you would get 160,000 pules per mile.

I used them on electronic tape loading machines to count the number of times the hub rotated......that in turn translated into how many feet of 1/2" vcr tape goes into the cartridge....very simple solution to how to determine footage....same principal could be applied to your situation by a good technician.

moz-screenshot-7.jpg

a2354ea3900adc2c.jpg

The mind reels, doesn't it? Theoretically I should have a solution. Theories; won't even go there. Just have to wait and see. If what I've designed and fabbed works, you all out there will be the last to know cuz this neighborhood will be filled with smoke. I'm counting on a visit from the EPA and fire department.

ok 5.7 dart i gotta ask. do you do cars like this for a living or just hobby? your knowledge of it all is amazing so it made me curious.

i wasnt implying it was your wiring harness,,, im sure you have it under control,,,, i was just adding to the other coment some oen made about the price of the modified / bought harness,,,,

cant wait to se the smoke,and a pic of the EPA and FIRE dept there,,,

ok 5.7 dart i gotta ask. do you do cars like this for a living or just hobby? your knowledge of it all is amazing so it made me curious.

I'm just having fun, although I've been told I should sell my work. Maybe in the future I shall.... Problem I have is I don't want to get rid of anything. I was offered a shitload, and I mean a shitload, of money for my Dart. Wouldn't take it, much to the chagrin of others. I guess that's the day two fools met........

Daves66valiant, not to hijack this thread, but GOMopar parts in CO. is selling 2008 production 5.7's and 6.1's. They are complete fuel injection to base, the 5.7's are going for $3795, didn't ask about the 6.1's

Like I tell my wife.....I enjoy the cars now.....she can enjoy the money that she gets for them when I'm gone.

Kinda perverse, isn't it? We build things and add value to things and all it does is give them more reason to poison us.](*,)

Previous owner got sold on the vinyl top delete upon its repaint.
Then, Sledgehammer Bondo Bob has his way with it. Voila!

What a hack. So, I'm busy hammering this mess back out. Holes must be preserved cuz I'll be putting the trim back on the car--but no vinyl (see the Dart). I think it gives these cars a nice beltline.

deck 001 (Small).jpg

deck 002 (Small).jpg

INTERIOR DONE  4-23-08 011 (Small).jpg

TRUCKNDART 001 (Small).jpg

-
Back