Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
OHHH MY Someone just posted a pic of my tool on the internet.
Not really, mine isn't nearly so slick and shinny today. Thanks though.
Mine's all crusty as well from lack of use! Great tip though. I forgot about that one.

Oh man you are going to have a blast. I got addicted to Costa Rica from 1996-2009. Went twice a year sometimes. The little place where I always stayed got sold and made into condos, and that whole area around Quepos is getting more and more developed. I decided to quit while I was ahead with the great memories I had. Very good people the Tico's are. If your car breaks down or gets stuck, someone will stop and help you right away. I could go on and on Ramie but one small tip, breakfast will include beans and rice (HARD working people, they need energy) which I love, and lunch is the biggest meal and the typical restaurant will have a special they call "Casado" like a big home-cooked blue plate special for just a few bucks. Beef is likely to be tough but fish and chicken are great. Also if you see any kind of "albondigas" (meatball) soup or just about any soup, they are always so good and a huge bowl and they will ask you if you want an egg cracked in it or not. Service is not that quick though. Tip is included but I always left extra, after all these people have families to provide for.

Regarding driving, the roads are awful, be careful but once you get used to driving there, it is fun! You'll notice the Tico's will patiently stand in long lines at a bank, but as soon as they get in the driver's seat of the car, they become race car drivers!

All really good tips my friend, thank you for that!

We will be visiting Santa Elena first for a week, then onto Quepos and Uvita, then back up to Playa Hermosa (near Jaco). Our big dilemma now is how much cash do we bring? We are so used to cruises that we typically always bring cash to last the duration, but being in the country for an extended time and ATM's around we have that option. Althought we dont want to pull off of a credit card and we dont want to bring our ATM card, just in case that gets lost or stolen.

We are staying in Air BnB's the whole time, and what I've read is that they trust you not to steal stuff in their house so why would they steal from you.. Makes sense, I guess.

Almost an inch of rain between 4a and 10a, that would be almost a foot of snow in the Sierras. Transfer Truck driver friend of mine got called out for a party with the County Flood Control guys tonight. They must be a little concerned about what tomorrow night's storm will bring.

the dizzy debate is gonna get interesting I bet
Actually I lost interest. But I am too nice to mark your post post with a X
LOL
It totally depends on the person and the room under the hood. I tend to remove anything I can break. I honestly don't remember if I had the distributor in the last time I removed the intake. My guess is I removed it. If someone is paranoid about resetting timing then leave it. Its just stupid to argue about.

I was turning into the burrito place after work and did not notice a pick up truck coming... Tried to stop, but the streets still had some snow and ice (It was in the single digits or negative temp at the time) and I slid into his door, he then slid off the road and the other door of his truck took out a street light... He still slid a few more feet after taking out the street light before stopping... He may have been speeding, but I can't prove it.... I saw the street light go sideways, the light go out, then it fell away from his truck...

My car is driveable, but due to the age of it, the insurance company will most likely total it... The hood, driver fender, fascia, and bumper bar are damaged, but the pass fender is not touched... No airbags went off... I drove the car home....
Get some sleep and hope you feel better.

Here's another good one. Try starting a small block on a test stand with only a flex plate.

Engine test stand bellhousing for 318/360
Nice job Mike
Geez. I like TB but sometimes he's just full of _______________
So here you go. Turbo Action 8" converter for Chrysler engine and torqueflite transmission.
Turbo Action Pro Series Torque Converter
turbo-action-pro-series-8-in-torque-converter-22.jpg

Specs here: s800

Uh yea. AMC 360 with torqueflite does use toothed flexplate.
upload_2019-1-31_16-53-4.png

I also have a new in the box. LOL

im just kicking myself in the butt for junking mine if those things go for that much.
Lower control arms with sway bar tabs put some value into the package there. IDK about the sway bar brackets as they are bolt ons but its still something more than a plain ol k-frame. Sway bar is worth 100 at least. It adds up so he's not crazy to ask. Whether he gets is always another story....

Just changed the wiper blades out on my wife’s Grand Caravan. The driver’s side was beginning to tear. Too freaking cold out there for that ****, but it had to be done.

Now I will see how long it takes to feel my fingers again!

Just changed the wiper blades out on my wife’s Grand Caravan. The driver’s side was beginning to tear. Too freaking cold out there for that ****, but it had to be done.

Now I will see how long it takes to feel my fingers again!
Rear wiper is a real treat. Not cheap either.

Nice job Mike
Geez. I like TB but sometimes he's just full of _______________
So here you go. Turbo Action 8" converter for Chrysler engine and torqueflite transmission.
Turbo Action Pro Series Torque Converter
View attachment 1715283356
Specs here: s800

Uh yea. AMC 360 with torqueflite does use toothed flexplate. View attachment 1715283352
I also have a new in the box. LOL

Lower control arms with sway bar tabs put some value into the package there. IDK about the sway bar brackets as they are bolt ons but its still something more than a plain ol k-frame. Sway bar is worth 100 at least. It adds up so he's not crazy to ask. Whether he gets is always another story....
Leave it to Rambler. There's a reason they went out of business. LOL

All really good tips my friend, thank you for that!

We will be visiting Santa Elena first for a week, then onto Quepos and Uvita, then back up to Playa Hermosa (near Jaco). Our big dilemma now is how much cash do we bring? We are so used to cruises that we typically always bring cash to last the duration, but being in the country for an extended time and ATM's around we have that option. Althought we dont want to pull off of a credit card and we dont want to bring our ATM card, just in case that gets lost or stolen.

We are staying in Air BnB's the whole time, and what I've read is that they trust you not to steal stuff in their house so why would they steal from you.. Makes sense, I guess.

I've heard good things about the Air bnb's in C.R. Great choice spending the first week in the cloud forest. I lived with a family there for 2 weeks while I went to language school. It gets chilly up there!
If I remember, I used a credit card for hotel bills and car rental, and cash for everything else. Remember there is the departure tax. You know you can pay for everything in dollars, and they will give you change in colones...the two are interchangeable. I got a sheaf of one's from my bank so I'd always have them handy for tips. As for how much cash to bring, I don't know what the prices are like there anymore.

I meant TB's post which Dukeboy quoted:
Not all converters have a ring gear on em.
How do you put a ring gear on an 8" converter?
Oh the original. Ya I went in and tried to clean the thread up.

In my mind Rambler will always equal a faded blue early to mid 60s Rambler American which everyone either had at one time or knew someone who had one. We were in the first group. :)
It was modified though.
Mom had seat belts put in.
:rofl:

Last edited:
-
Back