Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Man the IRS makes capital gains tax hard to figure out. But I'm pretty sure we don't have to pay any. I'm PRETTY sure, the short answer is, IF you have less that $77,200 in taxable income after your deductions etc, THEN you don't pay any capital gains on long-term interests up to $239,000. Then if you're over $77,200, it steps up based on how much you made. But the state's takin' 2% sales tax, the lawyer will get a few hundred, and we have to pay a tenth or a sixth or at the outside, a quarter of this year's property tax, depending how long it takes for the sale to go through.

We got a sales agreement to sign on our old place! Will you sign to witness our signatures so I can send that back? The two stingy Amishmen got biddin' against each other and we made another 10 grand on the deal! So, out goes us, in come the Amish, and I figure that'll be about it for the deer herd. But heck, Amish have been buyin' up that whole strip anyway, and we're happy to know our place will be back in farm production. That'll look nice.
The Amish have the money to spend. We have Amish and Mennonite folks north of here. They own a lot of land for sure. They are good stewards of the land though.

oh yeah! I just scored on a very nice original under dash harness for the polara for a fair price. The only part of the harness I need now is the rear section.

The Amish have the money to spend. We have Amish and Mennonite folks north of here. They own a lot of land for sure. They are good stewards of the land though.
yep and they have it all in cash too. At least the ones around here do. They don't trust banks

Boy I am on a low bid roll today here is a rare one.
s-l1600.jpg

And this also
s-l500.jpg

Yeah my wife was supervisor in a Mennonite nursing home for years, and we bought our place from Amish back in '86, now we're sellin' it back to 'em. They're just people; some good, some bad like anybody else but yeah, good stewards, and they all got a shoebox full of money. Guy who's buying it says he has a 320 x 44 building with 600 veal in it, where he is now. He has tractors and trucks but can't drive 'em to town; has to take the buggy or pay for a ride. They have cell phones, internet and GPS but their kids aren't allowed to have pedals on their bikes.

And they go to wallmart in their buggies on black Friday to buy big screens here! Pretty funny.

Yeah my wife was supervisor in a Mennonite nursing home for years, and we bought our place from Amish back in '86, now we're sellin' it back to 'em. They're just people; some good, some bad like anybody else but yeah, good stewards, and they all got a shoebox full of money. Guy who's buying it says he has a 320 x 44 building with 600 veal in it, where he is now. He has tractors and trucks but can't drive 'em to town; has to take the buggy or pay for a ride. They have cell phones, internet and GPS but their kids aren't allowed to have pedals on their bikes.
The Mennonites here can have tractors but no rubber tires. There's a blacksmith shop that makes the coolest tractor wheels. I wish I could find a photo.

Hey Ron next time you stop by I need a code reader mine is still MIA. The Cobalt has a light.

Our Amish and Mennonite folks build Bald Eagle barns and deliver to homes, I have bought two , the same fellow delivered both of them, my small garage and my wifes She Shed , best darn building built !! and bug proof, you can see the garage in the back ground (sons Ford)

13521971_1322269841121692_3806382213025391329_n.jpg

Bring the paper work also so you can get it out, no biggie. Prob wont check the car out till tomorrow. To dam cold out for my skinny ***!

I am more excited on the vac valve. Far and few between nos.
Isn't that funny.
I hated most of that 70s emmission stuff.
Now its kindof fascinating.
And for a 100% car its a 100% neccessary. LOL

I see the battery is charged in the Buick. I'll go out later when it warms up a bit. The sun is out with no clouds but it's still-4° out.

-
Back