Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
IMG_2096.JPG
So just got home from annual benefit auction. We live outside of town so we are supported by a volunteer FD. I did it for about 7 years, then worked one to many late night car wreck and retired. Anyway a great bunch of folks. They auctioned 6 bottles of booze. Under each bottle is a raffle ticket. At end of the night all 6 bottle winners go up on stage for a handgun drawing. This year it was a Kimber special edition Boot Campaign 45. Note to self the Boot Campaign does a lot of cool stuff for veterans FYI. So anyway we won a bottle of Petron silver edition for 300 bucks! Did I mention 300 bucks? Guess who was last lady standing, my wife! Score, new Kimber for 300 bucks! And super thankful my wife has such small hands and such a big heart! She let me keep it!

Tucked!

By the way, way to go on the life decision to lose weight! I dont remember if I mentioned by my wife is also doing the same thing, she has lost almost 35 lbs now and for the first time in forever had to go shopping for smaller clothes than what she had in storage. Proud of both of you!
Mine has done the exact same. They'll have something to talk about in JUST a few weeks!!
MOPARS in the Park!!

Morning.
-11. Supposed to start warming up. Thats good, have to get a customer’s car out of storage.

Morning. Rain here this am then higher winds to kick the wind chill into 30's! Still beats -11!

Good Morning!!
Ray we had that weather front past couple days. It sucked but it wasn't snow either.

Morning. Rain here this am then higher winds to kick the wind chill into 30's! Still beats -11!
Yuck with he rain. High 50s now gonna drop all day to below freezing actual temp by this time tomorrow . I didn't realize we were getting the wind with it. double yuck!

Good Morning

Still snow covered here. Its hanging on. Need to move a few snowbanks to get at a couple sheds.
My bbq is frozen to the ground, i dont want to break it,and it needs to go on the back step.

3788a1d7-6bb9-469f-a1ce-18b73b1c08cf-jpeg.jpg

Dave, Thank You for that pic. We had Burger Chef's in the suburbs of DC , back in the day. My older friend got me a job there, when I was 15. Had to have a work permit to work at that age. I was there for almost three years, and achieved the status of Night Manager. I have a lot of great memories at that place. One evening, the General Managers wife was working the front / customer line with two others. She wasnt doing her job, just sitting off to the side when the others were busy. I addressed the situation, and asked her to get to work. I ended up firing her for non performance. The next day, the Owners called me in and fired me....LOL....

Last edited:
-
Back