Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Time for a trip into town for some grocery shopping.
Momma is movin slow...
Paint is drying.

So I just got back from local indoor car show. That is 15 bucks I will not get back. As soon as I walked in I remembered thinking to myself last year not to attend it this year. CRS disease strikes again. Literally and I mean literally one Mopar there. However it was a very cool 67 A body. I thought Victoria had escaped and headed north! Pix attached.

View attachment 1715311943

View attachment 1715311944

View attachment 1715311945

View attachment 1715311946

View attachment 1715311947
Belt driven turbocharger. Love it. I think the company that makes that set up had a display at the Nats. Nice stuff.

They must have made a zillion 67 notchbacks....I have had 2 but i have never run into a 68 and i missed out on a 69 notch.

All I keep seeing are 67s
Not complaining because I really like them

Look again. they use a turbo and jack up the rpm with a gearbox and drive it with a belt.
Cummins is working on that setup for their locomotive engines. Gear driven off the timing gears until about 13-14 hundred tons then a clutch kicks in and it’s ran off exhaust like normal. Pretty cool

They must have made a zillion 67 notchbacks....I have had 2 but i have never run into a 68 and i missed out on a 69 notch.

All I keep seeing are 67s
Not complaining because I really like them
I know where two are for a grand or less a piece but they are ROUGH

I know where two are for a grand or less a piece but they are ROUGH

I have one that is rough as well, but by rough I mean missing pieces and in pieces, but no rust at all and it was a 383 car.

The other one was/is a 273 but I have no idea what engine is in there but was supposed to be a parts car for the other one but doesn't have any rust and is a clean body that could probably be built

Look again. they use a turbo and jack up the rpm with a gearbox and drive it with a belt.
I read the sign...

59FBFC27-61DC-4285-AF92-9FF1C76BE19F.jpeg

And here is the link to the guys that make it...

TorqStorm Superchargers - Self-contained Supercharger Kits designed and made in the USA

Not a turbo.

Happy Saturday afternoon or evening to you all!

I hope your all enjoying your weekend, quick run down of ours. Friday took the day off work and headed North to my parents house to drop my sled off for storage. Helped mom with some house projects and came home today. We have decided to sell our travel trailer to get rid of the payment and possibly downsizing back to a pop up trailer. We arent sure yet on that.... So we've just been researching some pricing on what ours is worth and that is damn near impossible to figure out... Although we will be selling ours with a bunch of extras we bought for it... So that should help some. I think tomorrow we are going to go and uncover it, make sure the mice didnt get to it and then take some pics.

I went on a closet purge spree today throwing out my fat clothes and came across a bunch of shirts I bought 20 years ago and never wore. They fit now!

So what do you think...tucked or un-tucked?

253F2EB0-4202-469B-AA20-5C9858CA4E8D.jpeg

B405E768-DDA0-4552-9D2F-868E4AC17616.jpeg

I went on a closet purge spree today throwing out my fat clothes and came across a bunch of shirts I bought 20 years ago and never wore. They fit now!

So what do you think...tucked or un-tucked?

View attachment 1715312031

View attachment 1715312032
Tucked!

By the way, way to go on the life decision to lose weight! I dont remember if I mentioned by my wife is also doing the same thing, she has lost almost 35 lbs now and for the first time in forever had to go shopping for smaller clothes than what she had in storage. Proud of both of you!

I know that they call it a supercharger because it's belt driven. I talked to the guys that designed it and it is based on a turbocharger design. It is not a Roots style blower which is also belt driven. They use a turbocharger compressor design but don't need the turbine side because it's belt driven. The belt drive gives it boost without the spool the exhaust driven turbo's put out. Exhaust driven turbos are hard to control and were designed for diesels and a more constant rpm. Also it's the heat that drives the turbo and not the exhaust flow. If you think about all forced induction could be called superchargers but not are all turbochargers. That was my point.

Hey, guess what I'm doing? Would you believe - working on the Neon? LOL Beautiful day here. Decided it was time to clean the throttle body. It attaches to the air cleaner box. So pulled the whole assembly. Cleaned that up (it was pretty grungy) and then decided to go further. Removed rusty battery tray. Power washed top of trans and in behind the motor where the oil switch made a big gooey mess. Wire brushed and painted battery tray and bracket under it. The trans mount is in that bracket. I jacked the trans up and mount seems OK. Still need to pull the front facia and wheel splash loose to see what's up with air intake/resonator that is flopping around in there. Not sealed to the air cleaner box as it is supposed to be...
So as expected the intake resonator had the mounts busted off. I can probably get one for 5 bucks at the yard if I want. For now I have it wired up. also found the PCM lower mounts were not attached. Because... the body was bent there like the other corner. :BangHead: Did a bit of clamping and hammering to get things close to where they should be. I Got everything back together and it runs. Haven't determined if its better than it was. I did have an engine light. Checked code - input temp sensor. Open hood and there it is laying out. oops.

Today was a bust on the Duster, but did get in some good fellowship with a brother from church and then errands with the wife. So the day wasn’t lost just not as planned.

It has been over 3 months since I ordered a pizza due to the cracked tooth issue. Tonight it’s back!

The wife got into it seconds after I took the pic!

746C7456-BB5A-41CE-945B-96C3F209B0C2.jpeg

It has been over 3 months since I ordered a pizza due to the cracked tooth issue. Tonight it’s back!

The wife got into it seconds after I took the pic!

View attachment 1715312118
You know Dave, I think we enjoy your pizzas almost as much as you do. The wife and I just got back from Rudy's Tacos. I left my phone home so no photos. :BangHead::BangHead:

I was playing around searching for images I could use when I came across these. How many folks remember these old restaurants?

3788A1D7-6BB9-469F-A1CE-18B73B1C08CF.jpeg

061BC818-C374-493C-AA6C-2C5FB2052A2F.jpeg

FC39E5E9-246C-4E31-B5E5-721F197B21EA.jpeg

A562E043-BB00-4623-89E0-32B90460AE3C.jpeg

8FB9B875-0533-4D40-AA10-62033AFEAB3B.jpeg

D427CEB5-C4CD-4622-8684-1C00B87D4EDD.jpeg

5ED5E47A-E3FA-495A-BF1C-90663FEAD993.jpeg

28DE36B9-F65C-4572-B647-E11EB9F25D4D.jpeg

36553629-DAF3-4A3E-87C1-975EECC6EF96.jpeg

07D797BA-1B1A-430E-B0BC-F78B16F5F468.jpeg

-
Back