Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
MM, I gotta tell you the meal pix just ain't the same these days! Not sure what is missing tho! Hah!
Okay, then let's backup a few weeks:thumbsup:

IMG-c6ba4a5e71b70288ea4a0897caadbc78-V.jpg
IMG-c0e1fa72e4f219b6fce2cb56d6ee4a7e-V.jpg
IMG-0f21b4c16b5c30157133a9ed3b91dc9f-V.jpg
IMG-fe743c83890d412432cb1bb259f72f02-V.jpg
IMG-edf5e178f8c5c675a150ce6cdb10558e-V.jpg

Yep. I'm in the mood for some bbq ribs but don't want to feck with the grille today. Take out sounds rrrrreal good.
I have a few racks of baby backs in the freezer. I need to get them out and fire up the smoker. 6 hours and there done.

7-19-18.jpg

7-4-18 2.jpg

7-4-18 3.jpg

Good morning c\_/ . Put a water pump on a 02 Camry yesterday afternoon. Sore in a few places this morning. Neighbor called around 9 last evening to ask for help with water pump on 3.3 ltr 02 Caravan. Already called him this morning, "Do what you can, call me with questions. I'll get down there tomorrow".
Last of that big red oak mess piled and ready to burn. Crown in the freezer :)
On a hoist can do a 3.3 water pump in 1/2 hour. Belt tool,flip belt off water pump and hook tool out of way. Air ratchet and zip pulley and pump bolts off and pop pump. Coolant makes big splash into tub.buff block and apply sealant and re-assemble.
I have an airlift vacuum filler so refilling is quick.

I have a few racks of baby backs in the freezer. I need to get them out and fir up the smoker. 6 hours and there done.
I have 2 slabs of baby backs the freezer, membrane pulled, rubbed and all. Not on my to do list today.

On a hoist can do a 3.3 water pump in 1/2 hour. Belt tool,flip belt off water pump and hook tool out of way. Air ratchet and zip pulley and pump bolts off and pop pump. Coolant makes big splash into tub.buff block and apply sealant and re-assemble.
Those airlifts work slick. I used one on my 66 273. Topped off a shot glass or two when I was done.

No lift here. Just jacks and stands. It's the getting up and down from the wheel well that wears me out.

I got an email from the body shop I was trying to get the Duster into months ago, they can take it in April. Timing is terrible, we are in the middle of our construction loan process, I'm hoping to get everything wrapped up and get the car into the shop. My buddy hasn't been asking for his car hauler back but I don't want to borrow it forever!

Gotta love it, when customer thinks its a disaster and less than an hour later its fixed:thumbsup:

Only issue is the 3.3’s like to airlock if you pour to fill rad. May cause a delay.

You cant use them on metal. The ones I use look like a smaller stub of a drill bit on the front of a larger bit. Cant find a picture of it for some reason. I get them from surplus city.
Pilot tip... I think B&D called theirs Bullet drills. Have an old set somewhere. I liked the way the spot cutters worked on mine. Doesn't go too deep in the center metal. But yes, the tradeoff is you have to grind some away.

Pilot tip... I think B&D called theirs Bullet drills. Have an old set somewhere. I liked the way the spot cutters worked on mine. Doesn't go too deep in the center metal. But yes, the tradeoff is you have to grind some away.
I sold Blair, Rotabroach and a couple others on the truck. There was one bit that was molybdenum boron or something like that. Good stuff but spendy. Spot welds are so hard.

I sold Blair, Rotabroach and a couple others on the truck. There was one bit that was molybdenum boron or something like that. Good stuff but spendy. Spot welds are so hard.
I had 2 spot cutters -both cheapies. One HF and I think I got the other from one of the bargain tool guys at Carlisle. Both worked fine. If you center them right they cut around the weld. Soo the hard part is left for the grinder (actually I prefer sand disk)

I had 2 spot cutters -both cheapies. One HF and I think I got the other from one of the bargain tool guys at Carlisle. Both worked fine. If you center them right they cut around the weld. Soo the hard part is left for the grinder (actually I prefer sand disk)
I just used an air chisel... faster and cheaper

Good point that's probably why some guys couldn't get much life out of their spot-weld Cutters cuz they were using ones that were too small

but distorts the metal. no thanks
Only a concern if you’re trying to save the panel. For me, I have to replace both the top and bottoms panels anyway so it’s a wash

-
Back