Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well...I'll tell ya.... THe place in NY had the lower arm. Shipped it out Fed EX on Thursday, said Id get by Saturday. Nope, Not even Monday, Called yesterday, gave me tracking no.... It is somewhere in Maryland, but no further info at this time...:wtf::wtf::wtf::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
That sucks. I HATE that crap. How many times have I been driving to pick up a shipment, "We cant find your house". BS!!

Mornin
Got that gate done? Is that powered, like hit the button and drive in?
It will be, Have everything, just have to finish it.:BangHead: This is a project a decade in the making. No kidding... Ran electricity down there 15 years ago .

Well...I'll tell ya.... THe place in NY had the lower arm. Shipped it out Fed EX on Thursday, said Id get by Saturday. Nope, Not even Monday, Called yesterday, gave me tracking no.... It is somewhere in Maryland, but no further info at this time...:wtf::wtf::wtf::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Most of my deliveries lately have arrived AHEAD of schedule. I got control arms from Rock auto (not a small package)… ordered late Thursday with expected delivery the following Tuesday. They were in my hands early Sat afternoon - a few days early. That was FedEx from CT.

It will be, Have everything, just have to finish it.:BangHead: This is a project a decade in the making. No kidding... Ran electricity down there 15 years ago .[/QUOTE
20190403_071001_HDR.jpg
This one
Topens dkc 1000 - Google Search:
But the one I have is for 2200 lb gate. seems they have de rated it. My gate in no where near that weight.

Last edited:
That sucks. I HATE that crap. How many times have I been driving to pick up a shipment, "We cant find your house". BS!!
We had a box delivered here not too long ago. Was an address from in town. Kinda odd backroad that looks like a business behind a residential neighborhood. It was a Saturday. I think he wasn't sure where to leave it, so Dumped it here to empty the truck. LOL

As long as the gate has good rollers/support it shouldn't take a lot of power to move it. Is that toothed across the bottom like a rack and pinion?
Mine is a chain drive. The rack style has to be perfectly level. Mine is not. My gate rolls very nicely. Even my 83 YO mother in law can manually open close it, till it is competed.

willyswednesdayIV.jpg

It's Willys Wednesday. Good morning. I saw a rain shower on the other side of the valley yesterday, never did get here. We may get some sun later today, briefly. The spring winds have been absent, very odd, but very welcome also. I don't miss the odor of the decaying broccoli fields up wind of here :p. Gotta love that farmin'. I wonder if you get a contact high when the winds blow from the cannabis fields? :D

Just got back from Sherman Williams. They just gave me three gallons of good stripper. Have to love those guys. Not allowed to sell it and had to be off the shelf. Gave him a case of Miller Lite!

So. F150 in for inspection.
I called the pinion seal more than 6 months ago, was going to get it fixed. Nope. Keep adding oil.
Its pouring. And black. I hope its not an ovehaul....

Waiting for all the ice to fall off and maybe it will quit dripping.

Hey,Tim!
Like the gate. I would like to have one too,but it would need to plow it’s own path 6 months out of the year.

Hey,Tim!
Like the gate. I would like to have one too,but it would need to plow it’s own path 6 months out of the year.
It was a lot of welding. That thin materiel is tough to weld, for me at least. Melts thru if you give it a chance. But got it!
I really need a different machine. a gas shield unit. Mine can be converted, I Think..

Last edited:
Last gate I built at the rock farm was a bigun. I think we used the crane to hang it. I'll be darned, those knotheads took and covered it up with chain link fencing and made it unusable after I retired. After 30 years out there and having my tools stolen 3 different times out of a locked shop they get concerned about security. :rofl:

Last gate I built at the rock farm was a bigun. I think we used the crane to hang it. I'll be darned, those knotheads took and covered it up with chain link fencing and made it unusable after I retired. After 30 years out there and having my tools stolen 3 different times out of a locked shop they get concerned about security. :rofl:
The barn door and horse thing.......

I built a gate like that. Out of bridge steel, could be hit with a Semi truck and not bend. It was hit several times, never got damage. An RV trailer hit it one night, pulling in the yard, freakin totaled the damn thing!! Took out the passenger side, complete! But the gate, to this day is still there!

I built a gate like that. Out of bridge steel, could be hit with a Semi truck and not bend. It was hit several times, never got damage. An RV trailer hit it one night, pulling in the yard, freakin totaled the damn thing!! Took out the passenger side, complete! But the gate, to this day is still there!

Precisely! 2x4 box tubing and a 40' wide opening. Dumass truck driver hit it, boogered up his truck and only broke the log chain closure on the gates. It was painted white with the red and white reflective tape and he couldn't tell it was closed? :wtf:

Yea I am trying to catch back up. I didnt get to log on much with all the family stuff going on. Be an adult sucks sometimes. Lol
Good morning noonish friends how we doing today?

-
Back