Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Anybody got recommendations on lawn tractor batteries? I had a Diehard Gold and it lasted 9 years. Seams like a no brainer to buy another one, but... Is todays battery going to be even close to the old one in quality? Or is it like comparing old Craftsman to recent Craftsman? Recent reviews seem to be more bad than good. Its actually not that much more in price and I believe carries a year warranty. But my experience is I rarely get to take advantage of the warranty unless its 'lifetime'. I have to drive about half hour to Kmart to get the Diehard. (and will Kmart still be there in a year?) Where I could go to AZ and get a Duralast in 5 minutes and its cheaper. I believe both are made by Johnson Controls. Hmmm...

Buddy had a lincoln continental years ago. Failed his daughter for tagging the post during parallel parking.
Buddy was a reasonable man,and asked the tester to park the car,just to prove it could be done. Couldnt do it. Gave the young lady a pass.
One daughter got a mustang, the other got a capri.guess they had enough of driving a battleship.
Practiced everything, especially parallel parking, in our '69 Belvidere.
Then practiced and took the test with mom's K-car.
thumbs_up-gif.gif

Anybody got recommendations on lawn tractor batteries? I had a Diehard Gold and it lasted 9 years. Seams like a no brainer to buy another one, but... Is todays battery going to be even close to the old one in quality? Or is it like comparing old Craftsman to recent Craftsman? Its actually not that much more in price and I believe carries a year warranty. But my experience is I rarely get to take advantage of the warranty unless its 'lifetime'. I have to drive about half hour to Kmart to get the Diehard. (and will Kmart still be there in a year?) Where I could go to AZ and get a Duralast in 5 minutes and its cheaper. I believe both are made by Johnson Controls. Hmmm...
Battery longevity depends on the charging system (alternator, wiring, and connectors) On the coast where I live, the connections have to be cleaned and coated with dielectric grease to secure it. In Nebraska 9 years was no problem. I am under the impression that newer mowers don't function/last as well.

Battery longevity depends on the charging system (alternator, wiring, and connectors) On the coast where I live, the connections have to be cleaned and coated with dielectric grease to secure it. In Nebraska 9 years was no problem. I am under the impression that newer mowers don't function/last as well.
In some cases. Some batteries are simply junk.
Wally world energizers is one.
My husqvarna battery lasted 7 years i think.
It sits from late october to may so i think its pretty good.
I use Parts Master batteries,the manufacturer doesent come to mind at the moment. But i get great service out of them.

was it a solid line?

No, dashed line, but even that was hard to see. It was a one way street with 2 lanes. She was turning left from a 2 way street and cut across to the right lane right away, instead of turning into the left lane. She is still kind of confused about the whole thing so, we will practice and I've found some videos online I'll have her watch.

Buddy had a lincoln continental years ago. Failed his daughter for tagging the post during parallel parking.
Buddy was a reasonable man,and asked the tester to park the car,just to prove it could be done. Couldnt do it. Gave the young lady a pass.
One daughter got a mustang, the other got a capri.guess they had enough of driving a battleship.

She nailed the parallel parking and 90* backup. Instructor said other than the immediate fail of crossing lanes, she did great with some minor errors. Kind of irritating, since each DMV station has a different style road test... Oh well, she should be prepared for anything.. It was good experience for her.

No, dashed line, but even that was hard to see. It was a one way street with 2 lanes. She was turning left from a 2 way street and cut across to the right lane right away, instead of turning into the left lane. She is still kind of confused about the whole thing so, we will practice and I've found some videos online I'll have her watch.
Ok, now I get it... Stay in lane closest to you till you complete the turn. Then merge to next lane if needed. If someone came from opposite direction, they would have right of way for that lane.

I abused the crap out of that Diehard. LOL. As said, I'm wondering is new Diehard 'apples to apples' or more like Leroy's annoying orange? :eek::lol:

I use Parts Master batteries,the manufacturer doesent come to mind at the moment. But i get great service out of them.
Regardless of brand, I am looking for 340-350 CCA. Which eliminates the low end for any of them.

Well, Sears is no more. Stanley bought Craftsman but I don't know if they bought the whole brand or just the tools. I would look for a reasonably priced battery at a store that will provide some service and warranty when you need it.

I use Parts Master batteries,the manufacturer doesn't come to mind at the moment. But i get great service out of them.

I have used the wally world batteries in my road runner (hardly any accessories) and my daily driver civics (only 34 miles round trip work to home) for years with success, i was tired of replacing expensive batteries due to so many 70 day deployments making vehicle operation 80-90 days between driving. I was disconnecting my battery and leaving the vehicle in deployed parking until i got married.

then we both were driving older cars together (which needed maintenance) -some maintenance i could keep up with, some i had to pawn off so the wife would drive one car while another needed serviced. The wife and others would not run the cars enough while sitting. the expensive batteries would sit too long discharged.

I have used the wally world batteries in my road runner (hardly any accessories) and my daily driver civics (only 34 miles round trip work to home) for years with success, i was tired of replacing expensive batteries due to so many 70 day deployments making vehicle operation 80-90 days between driving. I was disconnecting my battery and leaving the vehicle in deployed parking until i got married.

then we both were driving older cars together (which needed maintenance) -some maintenance i could keep up with, some i had to pawn off so the wife would drive one car while another needed serviced. The wife and others would not run the cars enough while sitting. the expensive batteries would sit too long discharged.
Motorcycle and lawn/garden batteries often die young. Take them out in the fall and put them in the basement or use a battery maintainer and they will last much longer.

Well, Sears is no more. Stanley bought Craftsman...

that is such a shame to, between NAFTA (losing our tariffs) the fed taking us off the gold standard, we lost our heritage of American manufacturing. Sears was an American standard for over a century. I feel our government leaders have robbed us for the quick buck.

Well, Sears is no more. Stanley bought Craftsman but I don't know if they bought the whole brand or just the tools. I would look for a reasonably priced battery at a store that will provide some service and warranty when you need it.
Kmart and Ace carry Diehard. I don't think it went with the Stanley deal. But yeh, thinking I will get a Duralast Gold at AZ

Kmart and Ace carry Diehard. I don't think it went with the Stanley deal. But yeh, thinking I will get a Duralast Gold at AZ
I will never buy an AZ battery again. Got one for my wife’s GC back in Memphis. Was supposed to be an 84 month battery...lasted 30 months. Tried to get it replaced under the warranty and the best they could offer was $15 off of a new one. They ran me around hoping I would give up and go away. I did, after tossing the battery across the counter and walking out while telling every customer in the store to shop somewhere else.

I will never buy an AZ battery again. Got one for my wife’s GC back in Memphis. Was supposed to be an 84 month battery...lasted 30 months. Tried to get it replaced under the warranty and the best they could offer was $15 off of a new one. They ran me around hoping I would give up and go away. I did, after tossing the battery across the counter and walking out while telling every customer in the store to shop somewhere else.
That sucks... Never brought a battery to them for warranty, but I have always had good service from my local AZ.

All I buy is duralast gold.

Back when i started driving (in the early 2000s) my dad would tell me that nothing is better than diehard but he is old school and that was true maybe in the 70s and 80s.

So one cold night in fall of 2009 my trusty diehard, died. And died hard it did. My dad was out of town and I was broke and in a bad spot. So my mom goes to autozone because she didn't know there was a difference and the salesman sold her a duralast gold yellow top battery and she gave it to me as a gift to get me going. I was driving my first yellow 74 duster that I wish i still had.

I didn't think much of till the years started rolling on and that same battery still works today in 2019. It's starting to show signs of weakening but at this point with ten years in battle, I am probably going to give it a proper funeral when it goes for good

Speaking of..... there is the yellow top.

I use it to start up this car and that car, go Jump start the lawn mower, power source for the power probe............

It just keeps on going and it's heavy. I fart a little if I lift and heave it into the car too fast. :rolleyes:

20190403_182237.jpg

DEODORANT,!!! smelling bad just ain't right.
DEODORANT!!! what's the price for old spice.
Be clean and right tonight

Babe don't you know your staining your favorite dress. But it's going to go here goodwill so fast.

Sister Christian, there is more life, your time to smell good is due.
Its true.

Deodorant, you have it in your sight
Pick up that speed stick
Because stinking just ain't right

We bought an AZ battery for the kid's Valiant... It dies within one year, but so far they've replaced it twice under warranty for free... :thumbsup:

Anybody got recommendations on lawn tractor batteries? I had a Diehard Gold and it lasted 9 years. Seams like a no brainer to buy another one, but... Is todays battery going to be even close to the old one in quality? Or is it like comparing old Craftsman to recent Craftsman? Recent reviews seem to be more bad than good. Its actually not that much more in price and I believe carries a year warranty. But my experience is I rarely get to take advantage of the warranty unless its 'lifetime'. I have to drive about half hour to Kmart to get the Diehard. (and will Kmart still be there in a year?) Where I could go to AZ and get a Duralast in 5 minutes and its cheaper. I believe both are made by Johnson Controls. Hmmm...
Dekka. All we use in our stuff. Durable and reliable.

-
Back