Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
yep I bought a condo 11 years ago cause I HATE mowing lawns. grew up mowing a couple of neighbors lawns plus my dads for money. so the way I feel about grass is the way I feel about dishes as well. worked too long in restaurants as a dish washer after the lawn gigs ended cause they didn't generate enough cabbage.

so both my folks turn 92 this year and I had to shovel snow this past winter at their residence. my dad slipped on the ice chasing the garbage can down the street as the wind blew it and cracked some ribs. real painful as I have cracked a few ribs more than once.

I now realize I will be mowing his lawn at the house from now on cause he just is getting too old and the risk of injury is just too great. I already have been mowing the lawn at his building where he ran his business for the last 7 years. its just too bumpy a ride on the lawn tractor. the business is a 30 mi trip one way from my condo, the house is about 20.

so since I will be destroying every Saturday going forward while grass does grow I have concluded that grass is my curse.

Last edited:
oh yes let me tell you about the dude that tells me he will mow my dads business property for $50 cash. he walks out of the bar next to the shop as I am mowing the lawn with his arm in a sling. tells me he mows the bar property lawn (and it looks like ****) and it would be like 2 birds with one stone for him. I ask him about the arm in the sling and he responds its permanent. now I'm not going to rip on him for sucking up ss assistance while working cash cause he shows effort even if he is working the system. but I tell him, its my dads property not mine(yet). my dad would mow that lawn with a hand shears till he dropped dead before he would pay anybody $50.00 a pop to have it mowed. and I'm not going to pay it cause I would have to drive 30 miles out there just to pay him and 30 back. so my saturday is shot anyway and I might as well mow it, that way its done right know what I mean?

oh yes let me tell you about the dude that tells me he will mow my dads business property for $50 cash. he walks out of the bar next to the shop as I am mowing the lawn with his arm in a sling. tells me he mows the bar property lawn (and it looks like ****) and it would be like 2 birds with one stone for him. I ask him about the arm in the sling and he responds its permanent. now I'm not going to rip on him for sucking up ss assistance while working cash cause he shows effort even if he is working the system. but I tell him, its my dads property not mine(yet). my dad would mow that lawn with a hand shears till he dropped dead before he would pay anybody $50.00 a pop to have it mowed. and I'm not going to pay it cause I would have to drive 30 miles out there just to pay him and 30 back. so my saturday is shot anyway and I might as well mow it, that way its done right know what I mean?
Yea I dont blame you and you dont want just anyone having access to your parents property. Call me paranoid but ppl prey on the old and the weak.

oh man oh manawitz fixing them sucks twice as much and just mowing with them.

Yea I dont blame you and you dont want just anyone having access to your parents property. Call me paranoid but ppl prey on the old and the weak.

not too worried about that, I'm a skinny little prick but I'm a skinny little MEAN prick. I feel sorry for anyone that focks with my folks. last time the fock period.

Solid lifter cam. Needs more zinc. :poke:
Haha or maybe just more oil?? I will tell you one thing I didn't know! Air cooled engines such as lawnmowers and generators etc require a different oil. I always have ran just regular car 30w oil. B&S recommends a certain oil for good reason. An air cooled engine will burn a crap ton of regular oil.

It's alive! Carb thoroughly cleaned and adjusted. New battery and solenoid. Now that I know it runs I still have all the regular maintenance to do. No rush. I don't sharpen blades till The initial stick mulching is done. lol. I do need to get a filter and change oil ASAP. Could use at least front tires in the near future.

F7DE4A39-275E-4EB5-BACF-3BE9FBBB118E.jpeg

Last edited:
It's alive! Carb thoroughly cleaned and adjusted. New battery and solenoid. Now that I know it runs I still have all the regular maintenance to do. No rush. I don't sharpen blades till The initial stick mulching s dome. lol. I do need to get a filter and change oil ASAP. Could we at least front tires in the near future.

View attachment 1715316212
Oh, and will be looking for a seat. It's a 1994 from Western Auto.

Here is my junk! You can see I only replaced one of the back tires I have to do the right side this year. Those tires go alot better than the regular turf tires but are not so aggressive that they dig up the ground

Screenshot_20190407-154406_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190407-154419_Gallery.jpg

Emergency kill switch

:BangHead:
Cops just left after interviewing us and the neighbors. No update on the riders condition but they are doing a full investigation as they are estimating speeds were above 100 mph when they hit. Theory is the rider bailed right before the bike and Jeep hit and that is how he survived. But now because the one cop mentioned looking at whether a stick throttle could have caused this, this post is now warranted :BangHead:

Afternoon everyone, must be lawnmower day in the house. Cleaning up the rider and charging the battery. Need to get the chains and rear blade off of the Farmall, but not till the snow stops.

Afternoon everyone, must be lawnmower day in the house. Cleaning up the rider and charging the battery. Need to get the chains and rear blade off of the Farmall, but not till the snow stops.
Snow where

Well, I put my snow blower back in the basement today so it will probably snow here this week too.

:lol:

Chatty bunch today.
Not bad, 5 hours and front end work is done.
Rear axle seals and brakes next.
Glad i didnt have to put in calipers. $420 off the bill.

Not close to mowing yet.
My near 10 year old husqvarna is still doing great.
But the 7 or 8 acres gets mowed with my 15 hp kubota diesel tractor with 60” three point mower. Goes pretty quick on very little fuel.

-
Back