Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
My wife has threatened me the last couple years of hiring it out and paying someone to mow. But I'm a cheap bastard and refuse to pay for something I can do myself. I just work so much and have so much other stuff to do and love spending time with my children I hate spending the time on a mower. Maybe I should just give in and do it Haha
Hiring a yard elf is the smartest thing we have ever done. Local kid, he weed eats, mows and scoops dog poop on two acres for 40 dollars a visit. 2.5 hours I get back every time he shows up.

I trade off... I got these 20 somthin guys.. maybe 3 of them that always want to use my shop, and lift... Life is good... They do a lot of $hit around here, that I dont want to do.....

Good Day. :thumbsup:
Got the mower running. Fixed the horn on the Neon. Lost the 'latch' on the connector, so it falls of. Got it cable tied together till I can get one. While working on that, I gave the Duster a boost charge. Took it for a short drive :steering:. Just had a steak off the grill and enjoying a cold brew...

I wore myself out today pulling weeds, prepping flower beds, triming hedges and putting down mulch. Spring is a lot of work...but it beats the hell out of shoveling snow!

Beer in the freezer, T-15 mins and counting...

I wore myself out today pulling weeds, prepping flower beds, triming hedges and putting down mulch. Spring is a lot of work..
Been cleaning up the flower beds a little at a time during the week. Wife wants wood chips on the front instead of bark mulch. She met a supervisor from Asplundh that said she could have a load dropped off for free. Just don't know when yet.

Been cleaning up the flower beds a little at a time during the week. Wife wants wood chips on the front instead of bark mulch. She met a supervisor from Asplundh that said she could have a load dropped off for free. Just don't know when yet.
I don't use wood chips anymore after I was shown how they attract termites back in Memphis. Every bed around the house I bought was infested with them in the newly mulched beds from the previous owner. Thankfully they were not into the house yet. Pine bark or cedar only for me from then on.

Afternoon everyone! Had a nice weekend here. Tore the crappy laminate off of the backsplash and got it all prepped for new tile. That will be next weekend. It rained all weekend so we spent a lot of time running errands and now we both are on drink #2. Rum and coke for me, Rum and sparkling water for the wife... Im introducing her to Bacardi Oak Heart.. Good stuff

I don't use wood chips anymore after I was shown how they attract termites back in Memphis. Every bed around the house I bought was infested with them in the newly mulched beds from the previous owner. Thankfully they were not into the house yet. Pine bark or cedar only for me from then on.
I've used chips before and never had a problem. I guess most mulch products can have critter infestations. Cedar does have natural anti-bug protection.

Good Day. :thumbsup:
Got the mower running. Fixed the horn on the Neon. Lost the 'latch' on the connector, so it falls of. Got it cable tied together till I can get one. While working on that, I gave the Duster a boost charge. Took it for a short drive :steering:. Just had a steak off the grill and enjoying a cold brew...

I made salmon and artichokes... :D

Not sure what I am making for dinner yet. I’m thinking maybe sweet Italian sausage with tomato penne and Alfredo sauce plus broccoli. Need to have another beer and think about it more...

Just soup tonight.
Something simple. Not really hungry when i have lunch at 2:00.
Rained all day,and heavy fog.

Dang, air not working in the Buick. You know how it goes, new 4 wheel brakes and rotors, tie rod end and alignment, new tires and now the air won't cool. :BangHead: Wife says " should have traded it last year" . Yep, you're right. I didn't say that did I. :rofl:

I watched how they made spring rolls, while I was in Viet Nam. So.... I thought I would do so, myself here. I had some cooked deer meat in the fridge, so I added the Viet, hot peppers, and rice, and this or that... I had some Viet spring roll paper, from my Viet Buddy, So I went for it....
IMG_20190407_141448.jpg
IMG_20190407_141448.jpg
IMG_20190407_141431.jpg
IMG_20190407_150400.jpg
00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190407152202289_COVER.jpg
IMG_20190407_154028.jpg

-
Back